“Location and service is AWESOME” 4 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Destin
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   405 Highway 98 E #A, Destin, FL 32541   |
Ranked #36 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Location and service is AWESOME”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The service is great. The room is average. Its clean, although the two times I stayed, I found several items left by other guests. But there were no bugs. I asked for clean blankets and got them. You can hear everything from outside and my car was hit in the parking lot (not the fault of the hotel--even though parking was AWFUL.) I guess this place allows pets, but there are no signs asking to pick up pet waste, so waste there was...EVERYWHERE, along with cigarette butts (because there are no ashtrays.) There is also a lot of garbage, (I'm assuming because of lack of in-room trash cans.) They can quote you one rate and when you arrive you'll get another, so beware. Overall, its a great location for the price and the front desk staff are more than friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: Pick up after yourselves and be good to Lacy and the girls at the front desk they'll get you any...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Destin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

This Motel 6 was as good as a motel can get. A few friends and I decided to stay here on our trip to Destin to save money. We only needed somewhere to sleep and weren't looking for much else, which was good. The room we stayed (double beds) in was clean, except we found a Funyun on the carpet near the nightstand. There was no iron, ironing board, coffee maker, hair dryer, breakfast, alarm clock, or complimentary toiletries. However, we didn't need any of those things. The beds weren't the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever stayed in, but they suited us just fine. My only major complaints were that the WiFi was not free (you had to go to the office and purchase a code for $2.99 to use it for 24 hours), that you could turn the bathroom light on and off from outside the bathroom, that there was no vent in the bathroom, and that the parking was inadequate. We went during peak tourist season, but we still should have been able to find a parking spot actually at the hotel. One night we had to park in front of a store next door, though it wasn't too bad as they shared the same lot. If you're looking to save money and just need a place to sleep without any extra frills, this is what you're looking for.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Bryant, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Very friendly & responsive staff. Room clean & nice enough for the price. The location is great. Close dive to everything & some things even within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2012
Richmond Hill, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We were not intending to stay here, but when the air conditioner went out at our local residence, we had to find a place fast that would take our family of five and our large dog. From the time we arranged our room with Jason at the reservation office in Columbus, Ohio, to the time we checked out with Lacy five nights later, we were satisfied with each aspect of our stay.

This is a motel, first and foremost, so don't expect resort living. What you will get is a good- sized room at a low price that is clean, comfortable, and well-serviced. You can bring your pet! There are several grassy areas around the property if you walk a short distance.
The property is older and shows some wear, but the beds we had were firm and the air conditioner ran great (heard they were all replaced recently). There is a nice small pool with tables and chairs for picnic meals. Our room was next door to the on-site laundry where you could get snacks and drinks from vending as well as ice. Even though it seemed like the laundry was almost always in use, we never heard the machines or door, only a few voices at times (smokers outside laundry). If you need a kitchenette, some of the rooms have these, as well.

The best thing about this property has to be the price for the location...walking distance to many great restaurants and very close to the pass- cross the bridge and you are on sugar white sand. Harborwalk is close by across the street.

The number one reason we booked was that we could bring our lab (pet). Everyone used leashes and we only heard a few barks throughout our week. Our lab enjoyed the other dogs and we met some nice pet-owners, too!

If I had to give any negatives, my personal number one complaint would be that the Motel 6 has a lot of smokers since that is allowed in some rooms. And being a motel, you do hear cars checking their locks when they honk, sometimes in the middle of the night, and voices outside as people check in and out late or early. There is heavy traffic out front during peak hours and sometimes in the evenings.

On Thursday evenings during the summer there are fireworks set off near Harborwalk.

If you stay here, don't be afraid to use the back entrance and find the traffic lights, esp if you are heading east. The back street is empty most of the time with no traffic delays.

If we travel to the area again with our dog, we will definitely stay here (and probably if we don't have our dog, for the price and service).

Room Tip: Let the staff know what is most important to you, firm mattress, smoke-free, quiet. They will do ev...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

You get what you pay for!! Or should i say- you won't get anything you don't pay for! No hair dryer, no alarm clock, no iron or ironing board, no complimentary toiletries, no breakfast. Old uncomfortable beds, flat pillows, towels & washcloths are small, thin, stained, & not soft. And our room was the upgraded, more expensive one, with the kitchenette. Our room (#154) was in the back of the building which was a little unsafe feeling. Thin walls, could hear people outside and on the floor above us at all hours of the night. There is an outdoor swimming pool that I haven't had the opportunity to check out yet & a laundry area. Room is very dirty- carpet looks dirty, hairs on bedspread & floors, shower curtain dirty, table & night stand dirty- just dirty everywhere you look. AND, don't let me forget the SMELL in our room!! It smells horrible, like someone fried fish in there about 2 days ago! We had to go out and buy air freshener and a candle to burn to try & help the smell! On the positive side- I haven't seen any bugs yet so far (only on day 2 of our stay), pet friendly, location isn't bad, only about a 2 mile drive to public beach access, it's on the main "strip," and of course- it's cheap! I booked this hotel for a cheap place for my family to stay during vacation, since all of the condo's were so expensive during this "peak" time of the year & had to find somewhere pet friendly since my daughter can't go anywhere without her dog & kitty. But I can tell you that I will NEVER stay here again!! Will spend a little extra to stay somewhere better next time.

• Stayed June 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

This is a super spot for budget minded travelers in the Destin area. It's very close to the Harbor and 2 minutes away from East Pass. It's also close to shopping, and all that Destin has to offer. Great staff, superb management. Most reasonable rates in the area. Nice pool, great location.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
St-Louis, null, Senegal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

Everyone who worked there was Super Helpful and Friendly!! After I booked I called ahead to make sure certain details were taken care of and they were :):) a Special Hats Off to Lacy our room keeper and head of house keeping for a Reason!! She was so Good I left a Nice Gratuity! I was a little shy for the fact it was a "Motel" and I use to stay @ more up scale places but it was Beyond a Good Experience so Beyond....... it will be My Favorite Beach Destination from Now on!! and for the Price you can't beat it :) it's Close to everything!! and if you get one of there rooms with a kitchen you can save on eating in and bring your bikes and get exercise while saving gas too! Keep in Mind it is a Old and Quaint Motel near Water so things will be musty n things break as all things do!! However in a Polite Way you can convey any problems you have and they will be happy to be as Helpful as they can :) So Looking forward to Going Back this Year and @ they'er Fare Price "I can" 2x a Year !! Whoop Whoop!! *Nena / The Goddess of stl

Room Tip: I loved the Kitchen and Space for Morning Yoga and Breakfast by the pool ....Aaah! before Nice Bike...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Destin? Share your experiences!