“Stayed Oct. 1-4, 2011” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 39 hotels in Destin
Mayfield, Kentucky
“Stayed Oct. 1-4, 2011”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

My son and I traveled all day Saturday to arrive to a clean room, friendly staff and beautiful weather in Destin. There was nothing we wanted for. The bathrooms were clean, kitchen area very handy to prepare fresh seafood (crab legs and shrimp) on the two eyes and the refrigerator kept leftovers from all the nearby restaurants we visited. We used the internet service at $3 per day only 2 days out of our visit. The pool is located at the front of the building and is a 6 foot pool. But who needs a pool when there is an entire ocean only a short stroll away. Located within a short walk from the Harbor and all the activities that were going on. We had a room in the back of the motel and at first were worried about the location, but had no security or noise issues. We like being able to exit the back parking lot and take the "back way" to a traffic light instead of having to wait for traffic in the front exit. The office/reception staff were AMAZING! I could not have asked for friendlier service and the maid staff; although I did not require service, asked every day if we needed anything and supplied us extra towels as needed. Had a laundry area to wash clothes before you go home which is very convenient. I had no complaints; only suggestions... need to invest in better mattresses.
Thanks for an enjoyable stay and plan to return in the spring time and will def stay here! Best price, best staff, best location.... GREAT VACATION!!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are located in a convenient location to exit away from lots of traffic. Go down a...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

The staff at this hotel is absolutely amazing. Everyone greeted me each time they saw me and went out of their way to help if I asked a question. The location of this hotel is great. It is less than 2 miles from the nearest public beach access and also less than 2 miles from HarborWalk where you can rent waverunners, take a tour on the glass bottom boat, have lunch, hear live music, shop, etc...Wal-Mart and Target are also within a 3 mile radius. The beds are old, and the rooms could use some updating, but I paid less than $40 a night and was pleasantly surprised by the overall condition of the room. The hotel allows pets and I was eaten alive by fleas the first night, but I think they came from the parking lot and were not in the room. There were also other tiny brown bugs on the bathroom floor. I brought it to the attention of the front desk and my room was changed. I didn't have any problems after that and found the staff extremely friendly and accomodating. If I hadn't been bitten by fleas I would have rated my experience at this hotel as excellent. I'm a girly girl, easily grossed out...but if you're not expecting a lot you will probably love this hotel because the price, location and friendliness of the staff can't be beat.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Smyrna, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

its a nice place to stay and the most freindliest people work there!!!
clean comfortable and great pricing. wish all motels were this good.
we have stayed there many many times and keep coming back
its also down the street from the best sea food store n florida
Sextons best prices and perfectly clean every time we visit
wish my house was that clean as sextons is

you cant find any better place to stay in destin then motel 6 !!!

btw this last trip of many I accidently left my glasses and they found them and were so good to mail them quickly I just got them today.

they go out of the way to make their guests comfortable and happy

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Vancleave, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

We arrived at Motel 6 to find out our reservations had been canceled and had to wait until 6p.m. to get our room. The a/c in the room was cool not cold. Our room did not get cold until 3:00 a.m. when the sun came up it was hot again. The beds were falling apart and was very noisy. The motel kept running out of towels and the rooms did not get cleaned.Very little parking, trash receptacles were over flowing outside and the employees were very rude. The last day of our stay we were awakend to the police making a drug bust in the room below us. The outside of the hotel is in need of major repair.

Chatsworth, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

My husband and I stayed one night here after checking out of another hotel that was double the price and nowhere near as friendly and found it to be very nice. We first noticed that the staff was very nice and the room was even better. The room was very clean and up to date. They didn't have a mini frig but it was worth the sacrifice and we had a cooler we had taken on the beach so that wasn't a problem for the price it was well worth it.I'm not affiliated with this chain in any fashion and don't know anyone that works for a motel 6 but they were wonderful compared to where we were. I highly recomend this motel they are a good example that you can pay less and get your moneys worth and then some.

Park Hills, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I have stayed at this motel 3 or 4 times over the years. My most recent stay was at the end of July for a week. On my previous stays, the rooms were always clean and comfortable. My wife and I didn't really have any complaints. However, this time we had a few problems. The staff was friendly and accommodating for the most part, the pool was decent, and the exterior of the motel was clean but far from fancy. Our complaints start with the room. There were several areas of the ceiling that were peeling paint, the bathroom was so small that the door hit the toilet each time that you close the door, the shower curtain had mildew growing on it, and our mattress had mildew on it underneath the sheet. It was pretty disgusting to say the least. We should have requested a different room but didn't. Finally, we couldn't get any extra towels because they workers at the front desk said that they were out. We were also only given only 1 room key because they said that they were out of them as well. Overall, I am pretty put off after my most recent stay. I would stay again, but I would look at the room before I took anything inside.

Room Tip: Inspect your room before you unpack!
Daleville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

The hotel in and of itself is very basic, but great location to dining and night life in Destin. Have stayed there many times over the years and have consistently had great customer service. Myself and two of my friends booked a room this past weekend but had a sudden death in the family and the attendants on duty were extremely accomodating, sympathetic and helpful. With the circumstances and tragedy that took place only hours after check-in, they immediately let us checkout with a full refund. Will definately continue to stay at the Motel 6 for trips to the Destin area!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Motel 6 Destin? Share your experiences!