“Great place to stay. Very comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy.

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy.
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4615 Opa Locka Lane, Destin, FL 32541 (Formerly Suburban Extended Stay)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #29 of 39 hotels in Destin
OCALA
“Great place to stay. Very comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Hotel is a great place to stay. Going into the fourth week of returning to this Hotel.
Personnel are always pleasent, efficient, and experienced in every aspect.
Sandy has taken care of ALL of my requests, on every occasion. She makes my stay at
Extended Stay great.

Room Tip: All Rooms are very confortable... You have the availability of Couches, rather than sitting on the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy., responded to this review, January 29, 2013
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

89 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Lady Lake, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I recommend this hotel for your extended stay. Faye, the Manager, is very helpful and willing to go the extra mile to ensure your needs are met, in a most helpful manner. She is responsive to individual needs and genuinely cares for her guests. Sandy, one of the Guest Services Representatives is positive and enthusiastic. She warmly greets guests on a daily basis and asks if everything is okay to ensure all needs are met. The maintenance man is actively involved and responsive to take care of problems. I had a problem with the heating unit in my room and he changed the unit that day. Consider this your 'home away from home'.

Room Tip: Higher floors closest to a corner provide less foot traffic, if you, like me, have a pet. This loca...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy., responded to this review, January 23, 2013

Destin, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I arrived from Tulsa Oklahoma and from the first minute I arrived the staff have been extremely helpful. Everything I have needed was taken care of in a very professional & friendly way. Being new to the area I had many questions and they could not have been more helpful.
The room was very clean and had everything I needed to be self sufficient. I have stayed at more upscale hotels before but the service here has exceeded all of them. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, and I'm looking forward to my next two months here.
Steve N.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy., responded to this review, January 21, 2013
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I recommend this hotel because it is clean and comfortable, but mostly for the excellent service I receive every time I stay here. I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past few months and have always received the best customer service from Sandy. She is very friendly and obviously truly enjoys her job. Every time I arrive to check in, she welcomes all of us by our first names. Whether you need the number for a good place for pizza or information on area attractions, Sandy is extremely helpful.

• Stayed December 2012
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy., responded to this review, December 20, 2012

Destin, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

My experence at the Extended Stay America in Destin Florida would have been rather "normal", other than the fact that a certain staff member by the name Arlean if im not mistaken had not been so Rude and Lazy, to my self and other guest as i noticed. I had asked for a clean set of towels and then forgot something and had to ask for her to go back to the stock room for one more item. When i did this i was given a rude responce and told with an attitude that i should have told her the first time so she didnt have to walk to the back a second time,where i could clearly see her laptop sitting and plugged in. It seemed she was clearly upset because she was asked to do her job and had to get off her personal computer. Secondly I walked in from a lunch and as i waited to be seen she was bad mouthing another guest "whome wasnt present" to another guest and laughing at his situation with him and his family. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL EMPLOYEE. Due to her actions i would Never stay at that facility again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy., responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Our hotel prides itself on exceptional customer service. We know that you have many lodging choices in our area, so we see it as our duty to go the extra mile however we can. Not only is this my personal belief, but it is a guiding principle at our hotel. I have, therefore, reviewed with each staff member the importance of being professional and courteous to every one of our guests, no matter the circumstances.

Sarasota, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed there for 4 nights and I was scratching like a dog. I have bloody bite marks ALL over my feet, thighs, a couple on my back, and just a few on my hands and fingers. I got bitten a lot more than my husband but he had some bites mainly on his legs and was very itchy too. It was horrible. You're paying for a hotel to be comfortable NOT to get eaten alive. I have never been bitten by fleas this bad. The hotel is completely infested. They moved us to another room first, but I got new bites in the second room also. They allow big dogs to stay for extended periods and they only wash the carpets and the sheets, they do NOT spray for fleas at all. I would never stay at an extended stay hotel again.
They REFUSED to give us a refund.

PS. They do not serve food in the winter time, only coffee, if you don't have a car you're in the middle of nowhere. Horrible Horrible Horrible.
We moved to the Country Suites close by and they were amazing comfortable great room service had food and came out CHEAPER. Only problem was I was STILL scratching like a dog because of the damn fleas. I would have preferred to sleep in my CAR!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The pest issue you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, our company is a pet friendly organization and our furry friends do leave some of these behind from time to time. In order to manage this as best we can, we do have a pet room cleaning policy for all guest that check out with a pet, and a national agreement with a pest control company to address on-the-spot response like the issues you reported to us. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and have corrected the issue. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dol@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Auburn, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I have stayed in numerous hotels across the southeast for work and have dealt with a lot of different hotel staff. I was in Destin this past weekend for a wedding and stayed here. There is a lady named Sandy that works the front desk at this hotel that I could tell genuinely cared about how our stay was and called me by name each time I walked through the lobby. This may not have been the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in, but it by far had the best staff around. Thanks Sandy

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy., responded to this review, November 13, 2012

Been to Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy.

Address: 4615 Opa Locka Lane, Destin, FL 32541 (Formerly Suburban Extended Stay)
Location: United States > Florida > Florida Panhandle > Destin
Ranked #29 of 39 hotels in Destin
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Destin Hotel Destin
Extended Stay America Destin
Extended Stay Destin
Destin Extended Stay
Extended Stayamerica Hotel Destin

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.