“FLEAS!!!! Hotel is infested with fleas!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy.

You added Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy.
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4615 Opa Locka Lane, Destin, FL 32541 (Formerly Suburban Extended Stay)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #33 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Sarasota, Florida
“FLEAS!!!! Hotel is infested with fleas!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed there for 4 nights and I was scratching like a dog. I have bloody bite marks ALL over my feet, thighs, a couple on my back, and just a few on my hands and fingers. I got bitten a lot more than my husband but he had some bites mainly on his legs and was very itchy too. It was horrible. You're paying for a hotel to be comfortable NOT to get eaten alive. I have never been bitten by fleas this bad. The hotel is completely infested. They moved us to another room first, but I got new bites in the second room also. They allow big dogs to stay for extended periods and they only wash the carpets and the sheets, they do NOT spray for fleas at all. I would never stay at an extended stay hotel again.
They REFUSED to give us a refund.

PS. They do not serve food in the winter time, only coffee, if you don't have a car you're in the middle of nowhere. Horrible Horrible Horrible.
We moved to the Country Suites close by and they were amazing comfortable great room service had food and came out CHEAPER. Only problem was I was STILL scratching like a dog because of the damn fleas. I would have preferred to sleep in my CAR!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy., responded to this review, December 3, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The pest issue you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, our company is a pet friendly organization and our furry friends do leave some of these behind from time to time. In order to manage this as best we can, we do have a pet room cleaning policy for all guest that check out with a pet, and a national agreement with a pest control company to address on-the-spot response like the issues you reported to us. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and have corrected the issue. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dol@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Auburn, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I have stayed in numerous hotels across the southeast for work and have dealt with a lot of different hotel staff. I was in Destin this past weekend for a wedding and stayed here. There is a lady named Sandy that works the front desk at this hotel that I could tell genuinely cared about how our stay was and called me by name each time I walked through the lobby. This may not have been the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in, but it by far had the best staff around. Thanks Sandy

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy., responded to this review, November 13, 2012

Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This hotel was more then what I expected for a average hotel. Location was great an easy to find. Rooms were clean, the bed was comfortable and we did not see bugs. The customer service was excellent you can really tell the employee enjoyed there jobs. Sandy was excellent with her geniune smile to greet you at the door as well as the her voice on the phone. Next time we visit Destine we are staying at the Extended Stay America on US 98-Emerald Coast Parkway.......Now they do have some things that need to be replaced such as the carpet, bedding and that smell in hall early in the morning...What is that?
We just placed a towel under our door and it helped to get rid of the smell. Other than that we'll stay again.

Room Tip: Comfort and Great Service and no bugs... and we were on the grond floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy., responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that the bedspreads and hallway carpets are worn. In response to your feedback, We are in the process of replacing all bedspreads and replacing all corridor carpets. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dol@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Great price for the area. I have rd a friend and given her the address and phone number. She will stay next week.
If you are in the Destiny area this is a great place to stay. Nice restaurants nearby.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Look, the staff is A+. Great people, always in good moods, and willing to help with anything.....no doubt about it. (We stayed here 7 days and met a lot of them). However, with the exception of the hotel exterior, which is in good shape, the interior is more than lacking and I would say that's a cooperate problem. The rooms are decently clean (as much as they can be), the beds and tv's are brand new (so, rest assured, no bed bugs), but, everything else just needs to be replaced...and not just in the rooms, all throughout the hotel. Carpet is musty and dingy, bed spreads are old and outdated, as well as the furniture, pillows, towels, and appliance. And Everything should be repainted. Yes, there is sometimes an odd smell in the lobby, but it is truly the sprinklers (we smelled the same thing at a diff. Place that had their sprinklers on). This place has potential...it already has a great staff, it just needs the interior to match.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that the carpet was musty and the bedding was old and outdated. We are in the process of replacing all bedding and replacing all corridor carpet to ensure that this issue does not happen again in the future. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your comments about the staff. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dol@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

This is one of my favorite bargain hotels in Destin, fl.

My wife and I got buddy passes from a friend and decided to pop down to Destin for a night. No reservations in hand, we decided to look for a hotel once we got here. Landing at ECP airport in panama city we drove over to destin calling hotels while we drove. Couldn't find anything less than $149 by phone or less than $118 via Internet. So we call this hotel and got $80 a night. Stayed here several times before and knew what to expect, well I thought I did.

This place is where construction or business folks stay for long periods of time. So the rooms have a fridge, microwave, two burner stovetop and toaster. The rooms are basic and clean, but rather small.

The issue I have is that the carpet is the hallways Has been significantly warned down since I last came. It is clearly frayed and stripped at the edges where two pieces meet, in other spots it's is uneven nd bubbles up. Yes, the hotel is basic, but that makes it look downright cheap and unkept. Which reduces the desire to stay.

Our first room smelled wet, damp and musty. There was a dog barking nearby. We were given a much better room after we asked for it.

Location is good. About two miles from the outlet mall and 1.5 from the beach. I still like it but I'm concerned about the deterioration of maintenance.

Stayed August 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Destin - Hwy 98. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

I was a little concern when my family and I checked in. There was an unpleasant smell right at the entrance. We were informed that the hotel is under renovation and the smell was from the paint. Other than that. I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The location provided easy access to shopping, beaches and resturants. The staff was nice and informative.

• Stayed August 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy., responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Been to Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy.

Address: 4615 Opa Locka Lane, Destin, FL 32541 (Formerly Suburban Extended Stay)
Location: United States > Florida > Florida Panhandle > Destin
Ranked #33 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Destin Hotel Destin
Extended Stay America Destin
Extended Stay Destin
Destin Extended Stay
Extended Stayamerica Hotel Destin

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.