“Just disgusted with this hotel.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Scenic Gulf Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Scenic Gulf Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Scenic Gulf Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   39 Scenic Gulf Drive, Destin, FL 32550 (Formerly Ramada Limited Destin)   |
Ranked #38 of 39 hotels in Destin
Florida
“Just disgusted with this hotel.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

We had a bad experience. Checked in at 3pm, got settled in, came and went a couple times. It wasn't until we were about to leave for our anniversary dinner that we realized our door didn't lock. Anyone could open it from the outside without the room key and it had been like this all day! We called the front desk, explained that we had dinner reservations and 15 minutes later the clerk came to check it out. He laughed and acted like he was excited to use a new toy when he hooked a machine up to our door. This really irritated us because we were already running late got our ANNIVERSARY DINNER and he didn't seem to care the least bit. He couldn't get the door to work so I has to follow him to the front desk while my husband packed everything we had up. I got a key to a different room, 40 minutes late for our dinner reservation. We hauled all of our luggage to a different floor just to find out this door would not open. It had the deadbolt on from the inside. Yes, the inside. I was beyond irritated at this point. I went BACK to the front desk and explained to the carefree clerk that we couldn't get into the second room and now we were an hour late for our dinner reservation. He said that he didn't have anymore king size rooms so we checked out and went to dinner without knowing where we were going to stay on our anniversary. Thanks for ruining our night Ramada.
Side notes- The hotel is directly across from Silver Sands so they get a plus for that. But that is the ONLY positive I will give them. There is a balcony but it overlooks other hotels. You cannot see any water although they are close to the beach.

• Stayed October 2012
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Scenic Gulf Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for your review. We do appreciate your review. I am so very sorry to hear about your stay. We would love the opportunity to host you again and "make good" on your anniversary trip. Please allow us another chance to make your stay fantastic.

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
WEST PLAINS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Have to admit, was a good price, but was not the greatest stay. Quickly found out the toilet would not fill back with water after it flushed. Had to use the ice bucket to fill the tank with water EVERY time we used it so that it would flush. I took 2 cold showers. We called the front desk twice on the shower issue and they're reply was "yeah, must be the water heater...the hotel is pretty full..." We weren't very pleased.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Senoia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This place could be so much more as it is in a great location. We needed one night before checking into our condo and this was close. The room was spacious but needed a complete overhaul. It appeared unclean but not dirty. I did not see any bugs. The "continental breakfast" was very minimal. I have to say that I slept well and the mattress wasn't bad, actually comfortable enough. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

A quick get away, after doing hard, work. Traveling with 4 lb. dog, needed some one that allowed dogs. Big rooms, had a balcony, clean on inspection. Staff very helpful.
Wanted to be near beach, but on a budget. Great compromise.

Room Tip: If you stay on first floor your view will be a fence. Anything above that views do nice cottages, s...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

If you are a "back to nature kind of person" than sleeping with roaches at this hotel is for you. The manager is down right rude and would not give us out money back. I feel as though I got hepatitis there. I metaphorically got raped. Ruuuuun!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Kennesaw, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We went to this hotel because of the reviews we read on Expedia. Apparently people reviewing there got a very different room than we did.

Basically what others have said is very accurate. The rooms are super old (which is not so much of a problem for the price), but even more dirty than old.

We killed a huge roach the moment we stepped into the bathroom. Then once there, we saw mice feces. The towels look more like kitchen cloths: they have stains in all colors and sizes.

This is simply unsanitary. I wish I would have come here when I booked it. I have no idea what is going on in Expedia, but those reviews are VERY misleading.

Room Tip: Do not stay there.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
TALLAHASSEE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here a few nights ago. I wish we would have read the reviews before staying. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. the bed was hard, the hot water didn't work, breakfast was put away way to early, staff walked in my room with out knocking, wireless internet barley worked and when it did it was slow, refrigerator didn't get cold, and all the clocks were off time. You get what you pay for but this hotel is not even worth it!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Scenic Gulf Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!