“So sad for this beautiful location” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   39 Scenic Gulf Drive, Destin, FL 32550 (Formerly Scenic Gulf Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #38 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Senoia
“So sad for this beautiful location”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This place could be so much more as it is in a great location. We needed one night before checking into our condo and this was close. The room was spacious but needed a complete overhaul. It appeared unclean but not dirty. I did not see any bugs. The "continental breakfast" was very minimal. I have to say that I slept well and the mattress wasn't bad, actually comfortable enough. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

A quick get away, after doing hard, work. Traveling with 4 lb. dog, needed some one that allowed dogs. Big rooms, had a balcony, clean on inspection. Staff very helpful.
Wanted to be near beach, but on a budget. Great compromise.

Room Tip: If you stay on first floor your view will be a fence. Anything above that views do nice cottages, s...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

If you are a "back to nature kind of person" than sleeping with roaches at this hotel is for you. The manager is down right rude and would not give us out money back. I feel as though I got hepatitis there. I metaphorically got raped. Ruuuuun!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Kennesaw, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We went to this hotel because of the reviews we read on Expedia. Apparently people reviewing there got a very different room than we did.

Basically what others have said is very accurate. The rooms are super old (which is not so much of a problem for the price), but even more dirty than old.

We killed a huge roach the moment we stepped into the bathroom. Then once there, we saw mice feces. The towels look more like kitchen cloths: they have stains in all colors and sizes.

This is simply unsanitary. I wish I would have come here when I booked it. I have no idea what is going on in Expedia, but those reviews are VERY misleading.

Room Tip: Do not stay there.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
TALLAHASSEE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here a few nights ago. I wish we would have read the reviews before staying. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. the bed was hard, the hot water didn't work, breakfast was put away way to early, staff walked in my room with out knocking, wireless internet barley worked and when it did it was slow, refrigerator didn't get cold, and all the clocks were off time. You get what you pay for but this hotel is not even worth it!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

The good thing was that after I would call the office about an issue, they would fix it. The problem was I had to call the office about the sheet being dirty, the breakfast being taken up earlier than they had told me, the Internet not working, and the hot water not being available. The rooms were grimy and there was mold in the picture above the bed. Bottom line, this was not a great experience.

Room Tip: If you need a cheap room, you'll get it. But be prepared to get what you paid for. There will be...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

The 500 yd boardwalk hike through a little trash to white sands beach is a good workout.

New renovation couldn't hide old scars...we could still see water stains and mold on ceiling.

Toilet wouldn't flush, but staff sent maintenance to fix within 15 minutes.

"New" air conditioner was not cooling properly. Staff instructed us to turn A/C unit off and let it defrost while we went out to eat for supper. I took off front face plate of A/C unit to find a giant block of ice, so it was not going to defrost without help. I took room's hair dryer and started defrosting ice block. Old electrical system couldn't handle my maintenance work while my daughter blow dried her hair; breaker blew and had to call friendly staff again to turn power back on. After returning 2 hours after supper, we turned A/C back on, and it still didn't cool and began to freeze up immediately considering humidity in room was incredibly high. A phone call to front desk was fruitless as hotel was full and no other rooms available; we were instructed to talk to manager in morning. So we had to sit or lay still to keep from breaking a sweat in our room all night long. Morning manager said he was only authorized to give us a $50 discount on $200 room...pretty sad for Ramada limited reputation.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!