“I had to call the office quite a bit.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Scenic Gulf Inn & Suites

You added Scenic Gulf Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Scenic Gulf Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   39 Scenic Gulf Drive, Destin, FL 32550 (Formerly Ramada Limited Destin)   |
Ranked #38 of 39 Hotels in Destin
San Diego, California, United States
“I had to call the office quite a bit.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

The good thing was that after I would call the office about an issue, they would fix it. The problem was I had to call the office about the sheet being dirty, the breakfast being taken up earlier than they had told me, the Internet not working, and the hot water not being available. The rooms were grimy and there was mold in the picture above the bed. Bottom line, this was not a great experience.

Room Tip: If you need a cheap room, you'll get it. But be prepared to get what you paid for. There will be...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

The 500 yd boardwalk hike through a little trash to white sands beach is a good workout.

New renovation couldn't hide old scars...we could still see water stains and mold on ceiling.

Toilet wouldn't flush, but staff sent maintenance to fix within 15 minutes.

"New" air conditioner was not cooling properly. Staff instructed us to turn A/C unit off and let it defrost while we went out to eat for supper. I took off front face plate of A/C unit to find a giant block of ice, so it was not going to defrost without help. I took room's hair dryer and started defrosting ice block. Old electrical system couldn't handle my maintenance work while my daughter blow dried her hair; breaker blew and had to call friendly staff again to turn power back on. After returning 2 hours after supper, we turned A/C back on, and it still didn't cool and began to freeze up immediately considering humidity in room was incredibly high. A phone call to front desk was fruitless as hotel was full and no other rooms available; we were instructed to talk to manager in morning. So we had to sit or lay still to keep from breaking a sweat in our room all night long. Morning manager said he was only authorized to give us a $50 discount on $200 room...pretty sad for Ramada limited reputation.

• Stayed July 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

The only thing I would ask is why Ramada doesn't spend some money on this property ?? I'm shocked on how Ramada would put its name and reputation on a property that is as run down as this one is ... Nice big rooms ... Not a bad location ... A ways from the beach but that can not be helped ... It just needs to be updated ... New carpet would help ... Fix the broken blinds ... Fix the lights ... Oh and replace the broken blow dryer. Overall it did the trick ... Gave me a place to sleep !! Not bad just could use a little help !!

• Stayed July 2012
Lexington, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Terrible the staff was not friendly or helpful I would rather pay top dollar and get good service than stay here

• Stayed June 2012
Montgomery, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

My husband and I cut our trip short . We had booked for 4 nights here, but managed to stay three. The beach was great. The room was not. The fridge was useless and as warm as the microwave. The rooms are dingy and dirty. My husband stepped on a cockroach by the bed. The place was really run down and neglected. The toliet was the smallest I have ever seen. It was similiar to a small child's potty. The flush was slow and we had to use a bucket sometimes. Most of the managers on duty were unresponsive or aloof. We had to make the housekeeper change the sheets after finding specks of blood on the top sheet. I assume when we arrived, the sheets had never been changed from prior guests. The place was loud and not a place to go if you are looking for a good nights sleep. This by far was the worst hotel stay I've ever encountered. It's true you do get what you pay for. So, read the sign, It truly is limited.

Room Tip: None of the rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed here in May 2012 arrived around 8pm staff was friendly and helpful. Room was ready and very comfortable. For the money our room was awesome no smell the bedding was clean and in great shape plus it was BIG. The balcony was great for bloody marys in the morning. The walk to the beach was a bit of a walk but not too bad. will stay here again the pool was clean and not crowded. Can't say much for the breakfast not into the carbs. but it was great and I loved that it was minutes away from everything.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Pass Christian, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

This hotel is less than expected. We arrived in Destin to check in and the room was not ready, which is typical. We soon discovered that they only had one (01) person in housekeeping cleaning rooms. The manager explained that some staff members had quit recently. Upon entering the room, I noticed a very musty smell in the room and it did not appear to be very clean. The "staff" forgot to give us wash cloths to bathe with, however after finding housekeeping she was more than happy to give us everything we needed. The pool looked like it had not been cleaned in some time, was honestly afraid to let my kids swim in it. Overall if you can find a better deal somewhere else I would choose that option over this hotel. I expected it to be a good hotel because of the Ramada name and we got a great price but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Scenic Gulf Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!