“"60's Throw-back"” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Scenic Gulf Inn & Suites

You added Scenic Gulf Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Scenic Gulf Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   39 Scenic Gulf Drive, Destin, FL 32550 (Formerly Ramada Limited Destin)   |
Ranked #38 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Saint Louis, Missouri
“"60's Throw-back"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Looks good from the road. We should have known from the elevator that this wasn't going to be the best experience. We pretty much had no other options. A member of our 4 party group became hospitalized and we were forced to stay longer than we'd intended. Only had condo 4 10 days. Oh well, all I can say is that we had a "newly rennovated" 3rd floor room. I was bold enough to ask some other guests and most rolled their eyes. Bathroom had hair stuck to back of door. Broken tiles in shower, stained underneath of toilet seat and hair in refrigerator. New carpet, fairly new paint, old, beatup furniture. Stained sofa, door to balcony had a shade that we had to roll up by hand in order to get light. All I can say, it was a bed and shower. Not a place you'd want to eat in or stay in for any length of time.

Room Tip: Check reviews! Most are honest everytime.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Russellville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

We have stayed at the ramada plaza in fort walton and had a great time ...so much so, that we wanted to go spend the nite in destin...we had stayed at the limited before and enjoyed ouselves completely. that being said. times have changed there!...We booked our nite through a ramada on line site...the manager named"jeff" had our reservation and confirmation # (as did we)...but when we checked our credit card ..it was completly emtied out to the cent...we had a three way call(jeff, myself, and the visa credit card company who explained to "jeff" that i had been charged TWICE/DOUBLE!! and that they need to do a reverse transaction .jeff said he had not taken the reservation , we booked online and we needed to call them. so we did. they told us we needed to call "the ramada limited"( back and fourth for hours!)...so ...we drove to the limilted to speak to him, as i introduced myself he said.."i know who you are mrs. davenport and we dont have anything to talk about!...(!!??????)..i was shocked at his demeanor as a manager of an establishment..he was dry, uncaring(i had two kids sitting in the car), and he actually walk away from me.I myself have been in public relations for about 15 years. i own my own shop. I WOULD NEVER treat one of my cusomers this way.....not only had my card been emptied out by a "ghost reservationist for the ramada limited" but i STILL owed for the room!.....i had NO MONEY because ramada reservations om line had enptied the only card i had with me....long story short. he dosnt need to be in this type of business( he is the type of man who is smug about situations such as mine and if he reads this...he will be smug about this feedback. because he does not care about his establishment...if he did he would want people like us who have been repeat guests to keep paying his salary....thanks jeff for all you do for the ramadas reputation....we have been several times. and we wont be back!.i am sure he did not have anything to do with oue money being "pirated" off our card. but he has a company that books for him and should have had SOME KIND of info on who stole my cash!...if it were me, i would have been the one tracking these peoples $ for them...jus sayin.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

This is the single worst experience i have ever had in all my years of traveling. The room is dirty. Worse than it appearing dirty on check in - they did not clean my room the entire time I was there (4 days: I was told they only clean every other day and somehow I was left off the rotation!?!)The old, old tv didn't have good reception. The curtains didn't cover the windows so could not block morning light. I tried to work at the desk and the chair was broken. I would have used the other chair but it already had a huge rip (or burn) in the center of the seat. This was the first time I ever put towels on the floor in a bathroom because I was scared of what was on the floor. The carpet was patched in places and did not even match the dirty carpet already there. There was some type of constant "banging" going on behind the walls - I assume from the pipes. The staff was rude and uncaring about the issues i had with the room or housekeeping. The manager was the worst - because he knew he could rent the room out again in a heartbeat because it was "in-season". All he wanted to do was fight about it rather than investigate or discount the issues.Stay in the beach. The place will be condemned soon enough.

Council Bluffs, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

The staff was very unfriendly. When we booked our 2 rooms we were quoted a price for both rooms. When we arrived we were charged that price per room! I would never have stayed there knowing that price in advance. The rooms were extremely dirty, especially the carpets. After using towels for showers we laid them down on the carpet from bathroom to the beds so we didn't have to step on the disgusting carpet. We moved the hide-a-bed sofa so it wasn't directly in front of AC and looked like a dirt pile all around the sofa was sitting. Could see daylight all around door to room from the inside. Bathroom very tiny, you had to straddle the toilet just to shut the door behind you. Breakfast was only okay (would have preferred and paid for McD's). Pool was not clean and gate was broken. If you only want to lay your head somewhere just to be close to the beach, then stay here. I would never go back.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I was surprised at how nice this hotel was.everyone was friendly,I even had a thank you note from housekeeping after returning from the beach one day and my room had the best view of the walk to the beach on my private balcony and was cleaned immaculate.they must of recently added a lot to the free breakfast. there was 6 types of cereal,waffles,coffee,oatmeal,2 types of muffins,differant fruits,milk,juice. and just about a 4 minute walk to the beach,which i enjoy'ed because there was a statue of Mary on the beautiful walk that made me feel comforted.the hotel looked freshly painted and just across the street is a winn dixie(which had the best wing bar),dollar general and other stores.i really like the location as people on the beach behind this hotel were so friendly and it wasnt as crowded as behind some other properties. and it was one of the few locations i actually saw lifeguards which i thought was Very important. as i was attending a cheerleading convention and the other people i know stayed at a bayside resort which they had to take a trolley to the beach and wait and wait and everyone was so spread out. i show'd my room to a couple of the parents and everyone agreed my choice in hotel was much preferred over the big spread out very pricey resort ! my family had such a nice stay we are hoping for the same room next month on another trip. i even enjoyed the shower with the Moen showerhead.i didnt swim in the pool or use the jacuzzi but it looked very well kept.and there was a shower outside to help get the sand off before heading to the room. i noticed on the tv there was premium channels but i only flipped tru the tv before heading to sleep. believe me its sometimes hard to please me and the Ramada Limited in Destin will always be my 1st choice.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the walkway to the beach 2nd floor
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

I came to Destin for business and did not have a hotel reservation. When I got to town, I went online and looked for a hotel. Per the picture online, I thought I had stayed here before so I called and booked a room. Upon arrival, it was clearly a mistake. But everywhere else was booked up by the time I arrived.

The room is disgusting. The ceiling has mildew on it and there is a cigarette burn on my bed sheet. The comforter on the bed looks like the original one from 1982.

There are no positive things to say!

I am a clean freak and almost slept in my car instead. It is more like a roadside Motel. Along with the repeating banging noise from pipes all night, the noise from outside was irritating.

The bathroom had old used shampoo still in the shower

• Stayed June 2012
Clearwater, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I just got back from spending Memorial Day Weekend at this hotel. At first, I read the reviews and then I said to myself, "self" it can't be that bad because it's a Ramada Hotel. Boy was I wrong. The room was horrible. The exterior of this property looked like something from the 60's old and shabby. The 200 yard beach access felt like it would never end. The breakfast, wow, what a joke! the staff was not too pleasant. I really can not say anything nice about this hotel. I am in Property Management and I would never stay there again, not even if they gave me a room for free. Do not go here unless you are used to trash!

Room Tip: Run for your life!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Scenic Gulf Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!