“Good choice in Destin” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Good choice in Destin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Group of 4 adults and 2 kids. The wait was about 30 minutes when we arrived about 7:15. Very friendly server that was helpful in making selections. Large menu selection. Trout Almandine was good. Crab stuffed shrimp wrapped in bacon - ok but bacon overpowered. Fried shrimp was good. Will do Dewey's again next time in Destin.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

73% Recommend
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Don't judge a book by its cover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Had a friend recommend this place and upon first site we were a little scared. It's a small run down little joint right on the harbor. You wait in line to order and there was a pretty good line when we arrived. Seating is right on the gulf and is first come first serve so be prepared to wait for a seat to open up or expect to eat while sanding. Great view and food was good, very good portions for your money. While there are two Dewey's in Destin, this one is much more unique then the one in the city.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kennesaw, Georgia
“It was okay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Went on a very crowded Wednesday night. Call ahead check in helped shave 40 minutes off wait. Got lucky with indoor seating with view of the water. Appetizer was delicious - crabmeat dip with ritz crackers $9.95 but enough for 4 people. Just ask and they will bring more crackers. Entrees served with mostly frozen fish - no taste. Opt to pay more and get fresh. Our waitress was fairly new but very friendly and efficient. Drinkers beware - we found only a one seater coed bathroom in the main dining area.

Visited August 2013
Atlanta
“Still the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Dewey Destins Harborside continues to turn out the best and freshest seafood in Destin. The service is great and the view from the outdoor deck is wonderful. I recommend the Parmesan Grouper. It literally melts in your mouth. Dewey's is our first and last meal when we are in Destin.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“poor service and decent food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

First of all let me clarify that I'm not a picky person nor do I ever write reviews. I had to write this review because I don't want anyone else to have the experience I had there. We were seated and it took atleast twenty minutes for the waiter to come to our table and take our drink orders. Since it took so long we decided to order our food when we ordered our drinks. When the food arrived I was a little displeased with the results. We asked for the check and we sat there for fifteen minutes waiting on our waiter. So we assumed we needed to pay up front since he did not come back. When we got there the lady said we were supposed to pay at the table. She found our server and I told him we left his tip on the table. I gave him eighty dollars and the tab was $73. He did not have change and said all he had was six dollars. So I told him to just give me the six dollars. When I got outside he had only giving me four dollars back. I guess I was expecting too much out of the place based on what I read before making the decision to eat there. I hope this review helps you make your decision.

• 3 of 5 stars Food