I was at the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort And Spa from 24-Apr-2006 to 26-Apr-2006. This was in connection with a business conference at this hotel.
I stayed at the Hiltons Honor floor (14th), which was apparently the older part of the resort. I paid in advance online using the Hilton webpage. When I got there, I found that the place was undergoing renovation. I agree that the place desperately needs it.
I found the room to be large with a fridge, and microwave. The view was great, since I had the beachfront view, but , the carpet was musty, the decor was old fashioned and the wicker furniture was dirty.
I found someone else’s clothes in one of the drawers. I fully expected someone to at least come in and take them away after I reported it. No one ever did and when I complained at the front desk , the clerk shrugged and said, “ Sometimes, people leave things and the cleaning staff leave it there in case they come back.” Oh, well...
As a Hilton Honors member, I also had complimentary Continental breakfast buffet coupons. Note that if you do get the full breakfast buffet , you are charged the difference. I never got to use the coupons. I asked the host at the Sandcastles Restaurant if I could just take a boxed breakfast ( bagel or muffin) as I was running late for a meeting. I was told that the Café did not have boxes. This is the first ever restaurant to my knowledge without takeout boxes.
Roomservice was the worst for the price they charged. The food was cold, quality was poor and presentation was nil for a $45 meal for 1 person.
Overall, the spa and Seagar's Prime Steaks & Seafood was excellent. Everything else was of dismal quality. They also charge $8 for parking/day and more for valet parking.
The bottom line is, it’s a good place to visit for the spa or dine only in Seagar’s if you are willing to spend a lot but otherwise, do not stay at the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa offers guests beachfront paradise with six restaurants, three bars, three pools, two whirlpools, four championship golf courses and Serenity by the Sea Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Hotel Destin
- Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort And Spa
- Hilton Hotel Destin
- Hilton Destin
- Hilton Sandestin Beach Resort
- Sandestin Resort Hilton
- Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa
- Destin Hilton