“Great Place to Relax” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Triangle, Virginia
“Great Place to Relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2005

My husband and I stayed here when my husband was at Eglin AFB for a conference. I left the kids with relatives and went along. The hotel was wonderful!!!! I had such a great time relaxing in the pool and on the beach. Since this was the first time away from the kids in a few years I spent the 4 days we were there just relaxing and couldn't have asked for better atmosphere. Our room had a view of the beach and the pool. The room was extremely clean and neat. The housekeeping staff were wonderful with extra towels and anything else I asked for. The bell staff were extremely helpful. Since we were there before the official start of the summer season the hotel shuttle to the Silver Sands Outlet Mall wasn't getting much use (I was the only interested person) they drove me over personally in the hotel van. Once there they asked me what time I wanted to be picked up and they arrived right on time. This was wonderful since I was without a car since my husband was at the conference. The beach is beautiful and the 3 pools were very clean. Be sure you have plenty of money if you want to drink adult beverages. A strawberry daquari costs $7 a pop but since I was on vacation I didn't mind. I would definately stay there again. There does seem to be quite a few conventions there but there wasn't excess noise and no loud parties. The new outside bar and restaurant was great. You can sit right next to the beach. The barmaid said it had only been open a few weeks when we were there. The hotel is in a gated community which made me feel safe since I was by myself all day. Great walking trails and golf too. The only thing I disliked was coming home.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2005

We enjoyed every second of our brief stay. The rooms are comfy and have a gorgeous view of the blue waters. The beach is right out the back door and there are 2 large outdoor pools. Dinner at Seagars was delicious. We were only able to stay a short time, but will definitely be back.

fla
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2005

I stayed at the Sandestin Beach resort this past weekend, at the Bayside Inn. It is a magnificient resort. We stayed at the Bayside Inn. I was traveling with my father and we had a resortview room. There is a small kitchen area - with a coffee maker and stove top. It wasnt new, but clean and comfortable. I will definitely come back here. There is so much to do - for all ages. There is a shuttle that will take you all over the property - which stops at all the hotels, as well as the beach, and all the shopping areas. Whenever your ready to be picked up - you just pick up the phone by the tram stop and tell them where you are and where you want to go, and they arrive within minutes. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. We ate at Finz by the beach which was delicious and then went to the village and what a scene that was. Lots of restaurants and bars, and the cutest shops. And its right on the water and its beautiful!! We ate at the broken egg for breakfast the next morning and that was also delicious and healthy. The only mistake I made was booking my trip on Hotwire. I found out I paid more than if I booked it directly online with the hotel. When I got to the hotel - they had no record of my reservation and I had to fight with hotwire on my cell phone for 2 hours until they finally refaxed the reservation information to the hotel. What a mistake that was. I also found out if you book directly with the hotel, they offer a 10% discount on their website. Ill never do that again. Plus hotwire was rude and not helpful in any way.

NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2005

We have stayed at many resort properties. After reading this board, I was sure I had made the wrong choice. Glad I decided to believe the postive postings.

This hotel is very nice. Three pools - one indoor, two outside. RIght on the Gulf of Mexico with spectacular sugary white sand. Front desk, valet, bell desk couldn't have been more attentive. Our room was VERY large. We stayed in the family tower and had a large room with an alcove with bunk beds, a full bath, and then an additional sink, a minibar, with another sink, microwave and coffe maker. 2 more double beds and a sleeper sofa that also slept 2. A very nice balcony with two chairs. Awesome view of the gulf. Our room was in very good condition and appeared to have been newly renovated. The baths were granite and marble.

THe pool bar was great, yes perhaps the prices were more expensive than if I schlepped a cooler of beer - but this is a resort! There was live entertainemnt outside by the pool and then again in the evening at the bar.

Yes, there were a few conventions occuring and TWO weddings and Tulane University Fraternity dinner - it made for a nice blend of people, not too crowded.

We had a very good time, and would love to return here and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Additionally, the HOtel is part of the Sandestin Resort and offers a complimentary shuttle all over the property - to the golf courses, tennis and Baytown, which is also nice for a little shopping and dinner. Our family of 4 (kids 12 & 10) loved this place!

• Stayed April 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2005

we have visited sandestin a few times and every time is great!!!!! during breakfast at the buffet they have a great chef that cooks wonderful waffles!!! OH MY GOSH they are amazing!!! I never liked waffles till i tried them there. man i must have gained 2000 pounds ok enough about that, lets get to the good stuff. The rooms are awesome, half of the rooms have bunk-beds for kids to enjoy, along with a king bed for the parents and a pull-out-sofa. The pools are great! there is an indoor pool for those cold rainy days and an outdoor one for those sun-shine days. the waiters will come around while you are tanning and take your order. you dont have to lift a finger till the bill comes around haha! the beach, now is the best thing there, BEAUTIFUL, powdery, white sand, and crystal clear blue water. Lots of room to soak up the sun! There is also an arcade for those un-sun-lovers but its pretty fun to go to at night when there isn't any sun to be in. the restaurants are FAB-U-LOUS!! Seagars even has famous people to come there sometimes. It has a collection of signatures from the famous that have visited. Great steaks, and gourmet food fit for the king of the world. Seagars is pricey but is well worth it. It has received top awards. Everyone is nice with good manners. Oh and they have wonderful virgin strawberry daquires! You oughta try one!!!

• Stayed May 2004, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2005

the place is wonderful!!! and we will return alot of things to do,shopping and alot of it,as well as golf,the weather was great for our short stay 78 for all days mar24-26. we plan to go back in june for a longer stay. All the places we ate at was good try fudpuckers it is fun and the food is really good. have fun ,oh yes the beach is really white and pretty ,but hard to run in if your a runer.

• Stayed March 2005
michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2005

We have been coming to Destin for 22 years...my Grandmother lives in Sandestin. Unfortunately we always have to stay in some area of the Sandestin resort complex - we hate it. Homes or rooms are ALWAYS dirty and smelly, especially if you go off season when no one has checked them for weeks or months. The Hilton smells the worst. Our advice is to stay ANYWHERE other than Sandestin if you can.

Been to Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!