“The beach makes it great!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Sun-sational Spring!
Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Coppell, Texas
“The beach makes it great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

First visit to this part of Florida. The beach in front of the hotel is stunning with white sand and clear water. I saw several dolphins playing today in the water. Our room on the 4th floor was spacious with a nice empty refrigerator, microwave and coffee machine. There is a separate vanity area outside of the bathroom that is well lit making it easy for multiple people to get ready. The bathtub was nice for soaking after a long day. We enjoyed the view and the sound of the waves from the ocean front balcony. The gym has plenty of room and nice equipment. I wish they had robes and food service poolside. They have a nice bar by the pool but you have to sit in their area to be served. There is a nice takeout option poolside as well with made to order sandwiches & ice cream. Loved the sushi bar in the lobby bar too. Nice fire pit outside at night. Lovely get away!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Pell City, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stay here every year on business. Besides being a pastor I have a day job that pays the bills. This is a great resort. The beds are comfortable, however the pillows go flat immediately. The rooms are spacious. Some of them have bunk beds for the kids and are conveniently located where the bathroom separates them from the grown-up beds.

This hotel is located in a complex of hotels and condos. The security is very high so no one can just wander in to check it out. Note to bikers: they do not permit motorcycles at all, even if you have a room reservation. I also ride & so I take a bit of offense to this. But the complex wants the area quite and family friendly so they don't permit loud cars or bikes into the area. Visitors coming to see you will really be scrutinized before and if they are allowed in.

Overall this is a great place to come as a couple or family. The beach is great and not crowded due to controlling entrance to the facility. The hotel has recently had a multimillion dollar upgrade and it looks fantastic. The indoor pool is really nice for families. There is a great outdoor pool area complete with its own restaurant. It's a great place to take the family for safe fun.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I had my wedding here and I've stayed a few times since then! Beautiful location and they really take great care of their guests! My family enjoys the location and the rooms are great size. We had a suite for the wedding and it was beautiful!! The wedding coordinator was fabulous.

Stayed May 2014
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My wife and I were married on Saturday. We left the ceremony and headed west toward the blue water on the panhandle of Florida. We didn't make reservations since we really were not sure where we would end up. We wanted to find a resort experience where we didn't have to worry about trying to find a place to eat or haul beach chairs. We found it at the Hilton Sandestin.

Without reservations we inquired about a room. The front desk staff went out of their way to help us. They explained the different rooms that were available and when they found out it was our honeymoon they made sure we had the room we wanted. The two ladies behind the desk were so nice, they made us feel like they were old friends. I wish i would have gotten their names so i could recognize them for their service but we were so excited about the beach we forgot to ask. I believe her name was Nikki.

While they got our room ready the valet parked our car and we hit the beach. It was already after two and the beach was packed but the hotel had chairs ready for us so we were on the beach in minutes. The attendant congratulated us on our wedding and made sure we had a prime view of the ocean. The water was blue the sand was sugar and my wife was happy.

The bellman called and said our room was ready. Justin helped unpack our bags and i went up to the room to meet him while she stayed on the beach. The room was perfect. It had a great view the bed was big, fresh and comfortable. It had a nice bathroom that was very clean. The design was beachy yet refined. We found out later that the showers water pressure was a welcome relief after being on the beach all day.

Justin arrived with the bags and I asked about what the resort had to eat. He suggested the steak house Seagars. I made reservations for that evening at 7:30 and ran back downstairs to meet the wife in one of the hotel 2 outdoor pools.

We had wonderful 4 course dinner that night at Seagars. Paul was our server and the service was perfect. We were seated a a nice booth overlooking the dining room and enjoyed a table side Cesar salad, Chateaubriand and chocolate souffle . This 4 diamond restaurant is not cheap but it is well worth the expense.

When we checked out the next morning we were given the same attention as when we checked in. Even got a nice send off from the same ladies at the front desk. I cannot say enough about how nice the employees were at this hotel. Everyone we came in contact with went out of their way to make our stay perfect. If you want the resort experience then this is the place.

Room Tip: Check out the Spa Tower
Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Honestly, I was very disappointed with this hotel. For the price, I expected much more than what I received. The room was nice, but standard. The prices in the bar were outrageous. $16 for a martini and $6 for a beer! Also, you have to pay for a beach chair even if you're a guest- and it was something crazy like $40 for the day. The walls are so thin, you hear everything! Also, at 7:30 am the grounds keepers were using very loud equipment. We won't be back.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Kensington, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at the Sandestin because it was hosting a wedding we were attending. Our problems started at booking. We booked one night with our credit cards rewards and the following nights online. No matter who we talked to over the phone no one could combine the two reservations and we were told we would likely have to stay in two different rooms. Thankfully when we arrived the front desk was able to resolve the issue. But are troubles did not stop there. Our tub was clogged and it took an entire day for the issue to be resolved.
While the room was spacious and clean over all we felt it was a poor value. The Beach House Bar, an establishment of the hotel, was right outside our window and was extremely loud. Our "partial ocean view" required us to lean over the edge of the balcony to actually see any part of the ocean. WIFI was an extra $10!! and The so-so breakfast buffet was not included. WHY?! these are things even super 8 included standard. It made no sense to be charged for either of those with the rates of this hotel. We felt completely gouged.

Room Tip: don't be fooled by promised of "partial ocean views"
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
HSBGeneralManager, General Manager at Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear raomingadelia,

I appreciate your comments and I am sorry you encountered difficulties while trying to book your reservations. Without knowing any further details I cannot explain why you had trouble combining your stay. When you book two separate reservations they are considered separate, especially if you are booking them through two separate channels. However, I am pleased to hear we were able to assist you once you arrived to the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa.

I will check into your clogged tub with our Director of Engineering to see why the issue took all day to address. Please accept my apologies as this would have frustrated me as well.

Regarding your comment on The Beach House Bar. Contrary to your belief we are not affiliated with the establishment in any manner. However, I would be more than happy to contact them regarding the level of their entertainment in the evening.

GARY BRIELMAYER I General Manager
Indianapolis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Terrific and helpful staff, room was upgraded for our anniversary. Horrible storm caused minor damage that was cleaned up very efficiently by the maintenance staff. Overall a very positive experience, we did not want to leave.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HSBGeneralManager, Director of Food & Beverage at Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Christopher G,

We take pride in making our Guests vacation/stay with us exceptional no matter what the weather may bring us. We also appreciate living in one of the most beautiful places in the world!
Although, always beautiful, we hope you and your Bride are able to come back to our property when the weather is sunny and warm and enjoy our beaches, as they are known for their extraordinary beauty. The Emerald Coast is truly breath taking!

Angelina Covington - Director of Food & Beverage

Been to Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!