“Nice beach resort in an area full of condos” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to $100 in Destin
Ranked #13 of 39 hotels in Destin
Columbus, Ohio
“Nice beach resort in an area full of condos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This Hilton is one of the few resorts in the Destin area that is truly a resort. The rooms very comfortable, clean, and decently appointed. The spa was quite nice (I had one of the best manicures ever) and the pool area is big and full of lounge chairs with nice beach viewing decks for those who want to look at the white sand but not get sandy. The grounds of the hotel are pretty as well with lots of fragrant honeysuckle meandering throughout.

We only ate at the poolside grille for lunch one day but the food was good. We did not try any of the other restaurants. There are good breakfast places very nearby so we opted for the Donut Hole one day and Another Broken Egg the other day. Both were quite good and I'm glad we made that choice.

The service was good with the exception of the valet folks - we had a couple of encounters with them that were slightly off and it wasn't just one person. It was like they weren't terribly excited to help you which made us not terribly excited to tip them. Regardless, a minor issue overall.

Overall, if I return to the Destin area I would definitely stay here again, especially given most of the places available are beach houses or condos or more economic accommodations like a Courtyard or Hampton Inn.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

1,192 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Great weekend, despite the few points missed. Check in was interesting. I asked for a high floor room for some quiet and rest and was put on 3 directly above the pool, ironic? The pool bar is great, but it would be nice if servers would walk around and take drink orders (probably would have had a bigger bar tab). Spent rainy Saturday at the spa, which is nice and was told a much needed upgrade is coming (looking forward to returning to check it out). While relaxing in the spa I read a local magazine article about Seagars. Recently remodeled and just superb. I was so excited about going, but boy did I set my expectations too high. The service was quite possibly the worst service I have ever received. I eat out 3-4 days a week at very upscale restaurants and always get great service. I sat at the bar to listen to the stellar piano player and when I asked the bartender for a suggestion between 2 fish dishes and he responded "either are good". So rudely that several people at the bar commented on it. I then asked for a wine recommendation and he just handed me an iPad and said look thru there. Never have I paid over $200 for a meal and came to the conclusion that it was mediocre and I couldn't enjoy the good food because the service was so bad. Having had enough I went upstairs to the lounge and Mary the bartender was awesome. She totally made up for her coworker and had the entire bar area enjoying themselves. I will return because its a great location and a great property, but I will learn to lower my expectations I guess.

• Stayed May 2013
HSBGeneralManager, Manager of Hotel Operations at Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa! I have to say that I am very surprised at the service that you experienced at Seagar’s! We certainly take great pride in the service that we provide our guests especially at our four diamond rated restaurant Seagar’s. I’m disappointed that we did not live up to our standards during your visit. I have already discussed this feedback with our department heads so that we learn from our mistakes and ensure that we do not repeat the same ones in the future. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall and plan to stay with us in the future. Thanks again for your feedback and we will look forward to your next visit!

Warm Regards,
JACKSON CHERRY I Manager of Hotel Operations
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Beach, Sand, Pool, and Sun. Pool side bar, pool chairs, and tropical breeze. Pull up to an exclusive community with a top rated beach what can go wrong? Yes...top dollar hotel overpriced food and drink but would you rather spend it while wearing Mickey ears? Not me

• Stayed April 2013
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We really enjoyed our visit to this hotel. Our ocean view room was beautiful. Nothing like opening the curtains first thing in the morning and seeing the ocean. Everything was nice from check in, breakfast and the hot tub. We enjoyed taking the shuttle over to Baytown Wharf for dinner. It was a cooler rainy weekend so it was not as busy as usual. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbia, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We visited the Hilton at the end of April and seemed to be a quiet time all in all. The staff couldn't have been more helpful, friendly and efficient at check in, with even giving us an upgrade! We are Hilton Gold members - so it was nice to receive those perks!

Room was nice and spacious; surprised to have a nice sized refrigerator and microwave; two separate sink areas in the bath is always a bonus. Balcony and view were beyong amazing.

The beach area is beautiful -- there is nothing else to say about that! Yes, the chair and umbrella rentals are expensive, but it's good to stop and pick up some chairs and pass them along to someone else as you're leaving. It all works out.

The pools were very nice -- no problems with chairs, but again, it was a quiet time of year I believe.

Food: the only time we ate at the hotel was the breakfast. The regular continental breakfast is truly enough for a normal day and we did upgrade to the full blown buffet one day which was very good also. So much food! We liked visiting other areas for meals, to see what out there and see some local places, so I don't have much to say about any of the restaurants at the hotel.

Bike rentals: There are bike rentals right at the property through an outside company. Take a few hours and ride around the entire complex -- which is much bigger than you realize! Very nice.

All in all - we enjoyed this hotel for a long weekend getaway. We arrived on Saturday and it was pretty full, but then emptied out after that!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Destin, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was a great hotel choice for a party! It's directly on the beach, has a theater room, plus transportation to Baytowne Wharf. The kids were able to swim at the hotel, go out to eat and see a show in Baytowne and come back for a movie in the theater room. Of course, there was the sleep over too!

I'm glad we chose this venue! Everyone had a great time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Monroe,LA, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We recently stayed for 9 days and when we requested a room with a better view on a higher floor they could not accommodate our request even though 400 guests had checked out and we were already staying as a guest. We were in 1 room overlooking the pool with noisy machinery marring the view, then another room right behind the elevator with constant noise. I am not sure where the problem was, the staff or the computer system.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HSBGeneralManager, General Manager at Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Madura R,

I am sorry to hear that we were not able to accommodate your room request while staying with us at the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa.

Please know that we make every attempt to accommodate all of our guest’s room requests. Unfortunately, at times and due to numerous factors involved we are not able to meet all of those requests.

If we have the opportunity to host you again in the near future please feel free to contact me personally and I will be more than happy to make every effort possible to make your stay a more memorable experience.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope we have the opportunity to host you again on your next travels.

GARY BRIELMAYER I General Manager

HILTON SANDESTIN BEACH GOLF RESORT & SPA

Been to Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!