We purchased a family suite for 5 nights staying here with children ages 7 adn 9. The hotel and property were ok but not what I expect from a Hilton or a resort. The property is so large you are a captive audience with limited options for food. the breakfast buffet is very expensive and no different than what you could get from a road side hotel that includes breakfast - except here they make your waffle for you.
The biggest complaint I have is that the staff were sort of friendly but didn't exactly try to help - we visited the activities desk a number of times asking for info about renting bikes, other restaurants, kayaks etc and each time I had to probe and probe to get the info I needed. I only got what I needed because i had done some research already and was able to ask a lot of very specific questions. Once I even had to ask them directly to give me a phone number for the kayak rental that is actually on the property - most hotels would offer to call and make arrangements for you.
Then there were just lots of little things that made this hotel a mediocre experience - housekeeping didn't remove dirty glasses or leave clean glasses - i had to call one evening to get them to do that. The bed was horribly uncomfortable with our heads actually slightly below our feet. the TV in the kids area was poor quality with fuzzy reception and the remote did not work. I had pre-ordered on line extra towels and foam pillows but neither were in the room or ever brought to us. The kids program is extremely expensive so we did not take advantage of it.
We won't return to this area, not just because of the hotel but the overall setting was not very friendly. The Sandestin property is huge and once we did our own investigating we found several things to keep us all having fun but the property staff did not help us find any of it. The little fake town they call Baytowne Wharf was entertaining for the kids but all of the restaurants were expensive and the seafood was poor - in Florida we were hoping to have good seafood. The biggest issue was that on more than one occasion we had staff in the stores treat us rudely or act put out when we asked a question. it all added up to a feeling that everyone was going through the motions but not really into the customer service one expects from a resort or any other business. In the end we enjoyed ourselves but only because we were together and made our own fun. We've been here once, but we won't be back and I would encourage families who get precous little time together to look elsewhere.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Hotel
- Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort And Spa
- Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Hotel Destin
- Hilton Hotel Destin
- Hilton Destin
- Hilton Sandestin Beach Resort
- Sandestin Resort Hilton
- Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa
- Destin Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa offers guests beachfront paradise with six restaurants, three bars, three pools, two whirlpools, four championship golf courses and Serenity by the Sea Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Priceline, Tingo, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.