Before you read my review, I have a guide to which rooms you want:
Get a jr. Suite which is in the emerald tower. The other tower is nasty. DO NOT get a room on these floors: 2,3,5,9,14,15 because these floors have concrete blocks for railing which obstructs your views and means the balcony is dirtier. Also do not get a room with the number being 0-16 because they have a beach view which sounds good but it is not a good view, has smaller balconies, and a not as well layed out room. Also dont get a room with numbers 25-27 because they have a parking lot view.
The property is very well decorated, so why did I give it such a low rating. Here is my system:
Design and clenliness may recieve up to one star, and I gave them the star.
Location may recieve up to one star, and they got it. It is in an absoulutley wounderful location.
Value of on-property amenities up to one star. They failed here, there are pleanty of resteraunts etc. but, say you want a pot of coffee in the morning. It will cost you $30! When we decided to get some ice cream, it really wasnt very good.
Service up to two stars. The on-site service is pretty good, with the exception of the front desk. When I was sitting in the lobby to avoid a twelve dollar wifi charge (not uncomon) I watched so many people walk up to that desk excited, and leave very mad. Here's our example. We were going on a trip and we decided to contact the hotel to guarantee us a pool view room without a wind block. We had been using points to cover the trip tokeep costs down, when they told us that we had to pay $15 more a night to get a certain view. We gladly paid it knowing our past experiences here. When we got there, the people at the front desk indicated we had a pool view, and it isnt easy to tell what rooms are what because they don't just do evens on one side and odds on the other. They made us sign for the room until they told us our room number. 1411. Problem one, 14 has wind blocks and problem two, we requested a lower floor, but at least we had a pool view right? Wrong! We get up there only to find out that it was the wrong view. So ok, we can call the front desk to fix this. After explaining to them that this is why we are gold Marriott and silver Hilton, they finally aggreed to move us the next day. Lovely, we get to cut our relax time down only to add more stress time. But whatever. They said that they would call us as soon as it was ready. Ok thats fine. The maid ends up telling us that our room has been ready. So we go down to the front desk only to get no sir we can't verify that. So while we are stuck downstairs, mom is upstairs, all by herself, moving bags to this room with no keys to either one. Thank you to the maids for letting her in. So we decide to get some starbucks coffee. It was a joke! One inexperienced lady making the coffee and running the shop all by herself with a huge line. So forget that. Finally we get our room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa offers guests beachfront paradise with six restaurants, three bars, three pools, two whirlpools, four championship golf courses and Serenity by the Sea Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Hotel Destin
- Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort And Spa
- Hilton Hotel Destin
- Hilton Destin
- Hilton Sandestin Beach Resort
- Sandestin Resort Hilton
- Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa
- Destin Hilton