“great fun place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 39 hotels in Destin
Sandusky, Ohio
“great fun place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The place is awesome and the pools are very nice the service is great and they got us a better room than we paid for.It had a beach right in front of the hotel.The decks in the rooms have great
views.We definitely will be back because of everything.

Room Tip: look for the best rates for the rooms but all rooms are good.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

1,004 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Springfield, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Great view of sunset in evening. Could walk right out and be on the white sandy beach in minutes. Large rooms, never felt cramped. Centrally located for close travel to numerous attractions, restaurants and beaches. Staff very pleasant, and the Sunrise promotion deal was great. Excellent breakfast buffet with variety of fresh fruit, breakfast pastries, etc.......Although the resort had nothing to do with it, the weather did not cooperate with us. But still very nice resort to stay at. Golf courses looked beautiful

Room Tip: Beachview rooms are excellent facing the west...Best view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Gloucester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful stay right on the beach. Fantastic view from 12th floor!

Well equipped rooms with large screen TV, coffee maker and microwave.

Usual Hilton standards with an excellent al la carte restaurant.

Plenty of attractions close by with a shuttle service to Baytowne Wharfe with a plethora of eateries.

• Stayed February 2013
Granger, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nothing like walking out the door of your hotel and being able to step out on to the beautiful white sands of the Gulf beaches! If you have never been here the beaches are clean and the sand is pure white and soft and cool...even in the summer! We stayed a week, the staff was pleasant, the breakfast was good and our housekeeping service was great every day. I only have one complaint and one suggestion.....the suggestion is the need for better food selections for later in the evening. We needed dinner one night at 900 pm and there was only a few options available in the bar. My only complaint was that the mattress was awful....so soft and very uncomfortable. Might be time to be replaced.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great Stay, exellent service, great food, beautiful white sand beach, nice indoor and outdoor pools. Room is clean and very specious.
Stay in paradise at Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa. Discover the emerald green waters and sugar-white sand of the gulf as you enjoy the amenities of this award-winning Destin hotel. Located in the center of the Florida Panhandle, hotel in Destin, FL features a wealth of resort activities such as golf, tennis, sailing, and watersports. Guests at this Destin resort hotel can stay active or choose a relaxing vacation on the beach.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HSBGeneralManager, General Manager at Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Tanya C,

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa. Please be sure to stay in touch with as we have numerous offers and packages available throughout the season. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the near future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed for two nights during the off season in February. The room was very nice with a balcony and great view of the ocean. The pool, pool bars, and lunch spots were all closed, as it was not high season. However, we had breakfast every morning at the hotel, which was lovely and reasonably priced for a resort buffet. We also had dinner in the hotel's steakhouse which was great. They have an activities desk where a staff member helps you plan any activities that you desire. Overall, the staff was very friendly. The hotel is located in a great spot, near much of the dining and shopping. My only complaint is that the resort seemed a bit outdated, but it appeared as though they were performing some maintenance and renovations while we were there. We would definitely return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Germany87,

Thank you for writing such a kind review regarding your past stay with us here at the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa. We understand your time is valuable and appreciate you taking the time to do so.
We have just recently completed a $5 million dollar renovation over the winter and plan on additional improvements over the next winter.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I traveled to the Hilton Sandestin for his birthday along with our kids & cousins. This was our first time there and we were super excited. However I didn't get that "welcoming" feeling from the agent that checked us in, which happened to be a supervisor. As we checked in, there was no conversation as to why we were in town. I did mention that it was my husbands birthday, but there wasn't any enthusiasm from her. I was kind of hoping she would have made it special for him by send him a little birthday card to the room. But i guess not all hotels like to make it more of a personal experience for the guest. Traveling to a resort like this, I would expect her to be overly friendly and welcoming. I did come in contact with one when I needed my keys reactivated. She was an older, yet mature women. Very sweet and kind! As a Gold member, the supervisor didn't go above and beyond to make me feel as if I was a loyal Hilton Honors member. Being that I'm a supervisor at another property, I didn't feel as if she was very friendly. She didn't even engaged in conversation during check in. I believe all agents should carry themselves in a welcoming matter no matter what. You never know who you may be checking in; GM or Personal Shopper, etc. Anyway, my family and I enjoyed our stay. No problems with the rooms. My kids loved the indoor poor. And breakfast was awesome. We will return on day, and hope to be greeted better that the first time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ms Traveling Chick,

First and foremost I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa for such a special occasion. In addition, I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.
I am sorry we did not meet your expectations when we greeted you. I will be sure to share your observations with our Front Office team in order to improve on “Anticipating Our Guest Needs” in the future.
I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your stay and the wonderful amenities and services we have to offer here at the Hilton Sandestin.
Once again, thank you for your valuable input and we hope to have the opportunity to host you and your family in the near future.

GARY BRIELMAYER I General Manager

Been to Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!