“A great value for your money!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #5 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Wichita, Kansas
“A great value for your money!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We just recently returned from a four night visit to Miramar beach and stayed at the Embassy Suites. We had 2 adults (my husband and myself) and our three teenagers in the suite. The beds were great and it was a very comfortable room. We got a great AAA rate of $161 a night. One pro of the rooms are that there are three sinks (one in the bathroom, one in the bedroom and one in the kitchen area). This is a great thing when you have five people all getting ready at the same time! The hotel provides a wonderful complementary breakfast with made to order omlets and eggs. In the buffet line, they have bacon, sauage, hash browns, biscuits and pancakes. They also have fruit, cereal, muffins and oatmeal. They also had a happy hour with drinks, snack, etc. We did not get to try this as there were way too many spring breakers taking advantage of this perk. The beach is right across the street with very easy access. I think this hotel is a great alternative to condo living! It is really a great deal with the complementary breakfast, happy hour, parking and internet access. My only cons were there were parts of the rooms that could use updating and the big college spring break crowd. The hotel did their best to keep them civil but they were loud and very excited about the free drinks during happy hour. This is not a 5 star hotel but it is great for families wanting a nice vacation without having to pay for a ton of extras. It is in a great location and the people working at the hotel are wonderful.

Room Tip: I would not want a room on the first floor as it would be noisier with breakfast and happy hour righ...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
EmbassySuitesDestin, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Destin - Miramar Beach, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you so much for responding to our survey regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate the time that you have taken to describe our hotel from a guest's eyes. We look forward to your next visit. Have a great week.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Crosslake
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We had 2 different stays here within a 10 day period. The first one was without any flaws. The second not quite as good, especially when we crawled into bed and the sheets hadn't been changed. Gross! I called, they replaced them and credited our bill by $50. The hotel is needing a little TLC, but still a nice place, beautiful plants, very nice bedding and rooms.

Room Tip: Ocean side rooms are very nice especially on the top floor!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the comments regarding your recent stay with us. How embarassing for us that your room was not complete at check in. We have immediately addressed this situation to assure no one has to experience this in the future. Again, Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.
Mobile, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was here on a business trip with my company. The hotel rooms were big and spacious. But we had many problems. We arrived a little earlier than anticipated. Check in time was at 3. We were told by the front desk that they would call when our rooms were available. She forgot. So when we went back to the desk, she acknowledged she forgot. 2 of the 4 rooms were available. We went to those two rooms. By 330, we realized no one had called to let us know the other 2 rooms were available. I guess she forgot again. When we tried to call the front desk from the room, no one answered. They ended up taking $20 off both rooms, but they still taxed those $20s. I didn't understand that. I found it interesting that there were no liners for the trash cans in the room. Additionally, I know the Embassy Suites is a business hotel or that's what I thought it was. The rooms were approximately $250, but to use a small conference room with no snacks was an additional $125 which we did not do. I think that was too much for a conference room where we were already staying in the hotel and paying that much for the rooms. That's just my opinion.

All in all,though Jim during the complimentary drink time of 5:30-730p made everything better. He was great!!!! He made me an Amaretto Sour that was the best drink I've ever had in my life!!!! He catered to all of our needs while in the bar!!!! I can't say enough about Jim! Give him a raise! As he made the entire trip better.

In addition, the omelets made to order each morning that was considered to be free was EXCELLENT! I would recommend the hotel ONLY for Jim and the omelettes at the breakfast each morning. Nothing else. You can stay somethwere else and get a big spacious room, but you can't get those omelettes and Jim everywhere.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for the comments, I will be glad to pass on your information to the appropriate departments. As far as our hotel, we are across the street from the beach, so we are a very friendly family hotel and also love our frequent business travelers. We do hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future.
Plano, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I am a frequent hilton traveler and was terribly disappointed at this hotel. We paid $215 a night for one of the dingiest, cheapest hotel. They scrimped on the shampoos and lotions, had very old, thin towels and it was simply not that clean. we asked for a late checkout and was denied although this is supposed to be automatic for Hilton preferred. Prepare to pay for your beach chairs as the hotel does not provide them. Better off staying at a condo or a resort with amenities for this price.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I was surprised at your comments regarding our hotel. I wish that you had asked for assistance from the front desk, we would have provided you with anything that you needed for your room. We do provide the tolietries in the room, but the front desk has additional supplies availabe upon request. I have passed on your comments to our Housekeeping Manager so that she can address the linen remarks. We would love to have you come back and visit, especially after the major upgrade that we are planning. If I can assist you further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Have a great week.
Palatine, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here mainly to explore a little more of the gulf coast that my husband had not seen. Since it was the winter things were fairly quiet. We did not use the pool but the children enjoyed the fountains and playing with the water noodle floats in the sparse gift shop. There is also a sad Alvins Island next door that truly loks like hasnt changed in 20 years. The room we had was clean and comfortable, but i never like the couches at Embassy Suites. The free breakfast was pretty good for the price and wasnt too crowded. I can imagine this place is a mad house during the summer. It appears to be one of the few non condo options in the area, so if you prefer a hotel ambiance, this a great option. The indoor atrium is enjoyable year round so it feels like summer evenin January. There was a bit of noise from our neighbors, but nothing major. If i found us in this area again i would definitely stay here.

Room Tip: The Roomson the back of thehotel seemto look out over a power station.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
EmbassySuitesDestin, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Destin - Miramar Beach, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We always appreciate hearing about suggestions guests may have that would make their stay better. I can assure you that our staff is dedicated to providing guests with more; delicious complimentary breakfast, Evening Reception, and comfortable environments with friendly service. We look forward to your next visit. Have a great day.
Broadview Heights, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

we are snowbirds, staying across from the embassy suites every winter. found "jimbo" tending bar one year and he keeps us coming back. always pleasant and friendly, even when the lines for happy hour are so unbelievable. fun place to meet and socialize. the food off the menu is consistently good, too.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We sure have missed you all! We are in the Spring Break mode here ! Fun in the Sun for everyone. I will make sure to let Jimbo know your comments. We look forward to seeing you all again next year. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to call. Have a lovely Spring and Summer.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Compared to our usual mid to low range hotels this place was the Ritz. Imagine: a full, hot breakfast that included bacon, fried potatoes, a man making omelets to order. the breakfast alone added value.
The room was gorgeous. The bedroom had a door separating it from the siting area. I found no major problems with cleanliness.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
EmbassySuitesDestin, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Destin - Miramar Beach, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay with us. We get such a joy when our guests love our hotel as much as we do. We look forward to your next visit and if you should need anything, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Have a great week.

Been to Embassy Suites Destin - Miramar Beach? Share your experiences!