“Below average” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
“Below average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

We had fish tacos, they were just OK, nothing to write home about. It took over an hour to get our food, and they weren't busy. I would have expected the food to be really good in the Baytowne Wharf, but was disappointed.

North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“HORRIBLE Food and OVER PRICED”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This was our first and LAST visit to this place. We made the mistake of assuming that because this place was on the resort it would be good, boy where we wrong. First off the only thing I will say that is good here are the drink prices, past that it went downhill. The food is so over priced it is unreal! We got the shrimp and oyster and the shrimp and fish fillet. All that plus on drink was $60. The meal was something like what you would find at Long John Silvers or Captian D's. I told the waitress I had a sever allergy and they totally ignored it when I brought it to the managers attention she smarted me off and just said well mistakes happen. This mistake could have killed me. Please dont waste you money at this place on their food it is not worth it.

PS. Do not let the pictures fool you about the food or the view. Most of the items on the menu do are not under $15. I have spoken to many people when at the resort and they have heard nothing but BAD things about this place. Please be sure to do your homework before eatting at any of the places on the resort. Your best bet is to venture out you will save yourself the irritation and money.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Freeport, Florida
“Over-priced for mediocre food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

If you like beach rustic at ridiculous prices, this is the place for you. Food was a disappointment for the price--$10 for a wedge salad that was short on all the key ingredients. Gumbo was tasty, but not much seafood. Wine was way over-priced. There are much better places to eat, drink and catch a nice sunset in Destin. Be prepared to get overheated if they sit you outside in the afternoon/early evening.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
culinarylova, Manager at Hammerheads Bar & Grill, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
I have read your review and I am saddened that you did not enjoy your time with us. I would like a chance to make it up to you, if you will let us. My name is Violet Huggans and I am a manager at Hammerheads..please let us try again and change your mind. I would love to have you come in and ensure that you are satisfied. If you are interested and in the area please contact me at violet@tumulo,com. Thank you again
Austin, Texas
“Go for drinks and sunset only”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I have eaten here twice and been disappointed both times with the food. VERY overpriced!!! BUT, it is a great place to listen to live music, watch the sunset and enjoy a cocktail.

Visited August 2012
I read your review and I am saddened that you did not enjoy your experience. I would like a chance to set it right if you are in the area again. My name is Violet Huggans and I am a manager at Hammerheads, If you are interested please contact me at violet
@tumulo.com. Thank you so much for your time
Milton, FL
“Food was great but service was terrible”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We had a group of 5 adults and 3 children and ate at 4 pm to be able to get back for football! It was miserable hot in the area they sat us. As the sun went down we were more and more in the sun. We were sat on the side for some reason where we couldn't see the football games on the TV even though we asked to be seated elsewhere. That was when we should have left. There was a drunk at the bar who argued loudly about her bil for more than 30 minutes. Our waiter couldn't seem to get it together. We had to get up and go into the bar to get our own ice for the melted down drinks. I had the shrimp tacos and they were great. The calimnari was pretty good. Everyone seemed to eat all their food so that was the upside. The kitchen was run well the front of the house needs work. Only outdoor seating no air conditioning which is a big deal inj 98 degree heat with 95% humidity.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
I have read your review and I am so sorry that this was not an enjoyable experience for you, if you would let us I would like the chance to make it up to you. I would love nothing more to create a new memory for you and your family. If you are interested please contact me at Violet
@tumulo.com. Thank you again.