Destin

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

SureWhyN0...
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Very Clean Condo and Very Nice Location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012 for a stay in December 2011
people found this review helpful

I spent Christmas in Sandpiper Cove 2023, with my parents, sister, and niece. First I would like to say that Blake, the customer service rep., was very friendly when I booked the rental. The packet that was left for me upon arrival (I arrived after hours) was very informative. Along with the keys, there was a map inside and the directions were easy to follow. Checkout was also a breeze. In regards to the condo, I wasn't sure what to expect. The pictures looked nice but you never really know until you're actually there. Boy was I happy when I unlocked the door and stepped into Sandpiper Cove 2023. The first thing that I noticed was that it was very clean. The fridge and freezer were spotless. As with most people, cleanliness is very important to me. So I was so happy and appreciative that the condo was clean for my family and me to spend Christmas in. The condo has a nice layout. The bathroom is situated between the bedroom and living room, with two doors for entering from either room. I really liked this feature because you didn't have to go through the bedroom to get to the bathroom. This was important since my parents slept in the bedroom (queen size bed) and my sister, niece, and I slept on the queen sofa sleeper. My parents said the bed was comfortable. The condo is a good size and was just the right amount of room for the 5 of us. The kitchen is fully stocked with glasses (including wine and mugs for coffee and tea), utensils (cooking and flatware), pots and pans (and lots of them), coffee maker (including filters), toaster, stove, oven, microwave, even strainers for rinsing salad, beans or straining pasta. There is a large flat screen tv, in the armoire, in the living room (see picture below. This is the only picture I posted of inside b/c all my other inside pics. have my family in them and I don't want their pics on here). It has cable and a dvd player. There's a nice recliner and beachy decorations. The dining table comfortably seats 4-5 people. The mirror feature on the wall makes the condo look even more spacious. The condo overlooks the canal. Parking is close. The downstairs neighbor is a very nice lady and provided us with coupons to use in the area. The complex is kept very clean. It is a gated community, with 24/7 security. My sister, niece, and I went in the hot tub on Christmas Eve (our first night there). It was so relaxing. The water temperature was just right (not to hot where you feel like your going to fall out after a few minutes of sitting in it, like some hut tubs). There are also pools (which we didn't get into because it was chilly) and golfing in the complex. There is a private beach entrance for the condo complex which was really nice. I just wish it had been a little warmer so that we could have gotten in the water. But the beach was very clean and quiet. The condo is conveniently located near lots of shops, restaurants, and activities. There is a Target right across the street, and a Walmart about 5 minutes away. We got lucky and scored three free poinsettia plants at Walmart, which we used for our make shift Christmas tree, since we didn't have room in the car to bring one with us. We went dolphin watching on the Southern Star boat, which is conveniently located about 5 minutes down the road in Harbor Walk Village. Harbor Walk Village is a nice place to walk around, with lots of shops, restaurants, and a Starbucks too (the condo didn't have wi-fi that's the only thing, so Starbucks or Barnes and Noble are close by if you need to get connected). We ate at The Crazy Lobster Bar & Grill where I had a delicious Oyster Po Boy and my sister and niece ate gator bites. :) Everything tasted so fresh. The outlets are also about 10-15 minutes down the road from the condo. There are a ton of outlet stores to shop at. And I was so happy to find two Smoothie King's within 5-10 minutes of the condo. All in all, I am very pleased with the choice that I made to stay at Sandpiper Cove 2023. My family enjoyed themselves and so did I. I would definitely recommend this unit and Destin, Fl to others.

5 of 5 stars How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 4 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property
4 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
4 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 4 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: The cleanliness of the condo, price, and location.
Liked least: No wi-fi
Traveling group: Family with Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Interested in this property?
Make Inquiry
Make Inquiry
Talk to the Manager
(888) 841-4679
Manager
Holiday Isle Properties, Inc.
(888) 841-4679
Speaks English
Listed since : May 2010
Response Rate: 90 %
Calendar Updated: 6 days ago
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing