“if you don't care for highrises but want quality, stay here” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Silver Dunes Condominium

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Destin
Silver Dunes Condominium
You added Silver Dunes Condominium to your Saves list
1030 Highway 98 East, Destin, FL 32541   |
Ranked #9 of 58 Specialty Lodging in Destin
indianapolis
“if you don't care for highrises but want quality, stay here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I selected this condo for a spring break trip with my 16 year old daughter and her friend, primarily because of the TA reviews and my desire not to stay in a high rise. Traveled from Indianapolis area which is 12.5 hours away unless there is a traffic issue.This property had all the features I wanted. Condo B1402 was extremely nicely decorated, clean, with view of both pool and ocean so I could keep an eye on my teens...gated and secure complex. I liked that there was daily towel exchange and maintenance support if needed, but if not needed, no bother. Location is excellent for dining and shopping east or west, with big box stores nearby for low priced essentials. Absolutely no noise even though it was spring break. If I had small kids and wanted to come to Destin, I would definitely come here because of the location: safety, amenities (washer/dryer in unit) and grassy area for play between pool and ocean.High rises are on both sides but are easily ignored. In this particular unit, wi-fi internet access was spotty but not an issue considering it was a vacation!

Room Tip: away from elevator (towards ocean).
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Collierville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012 via mobile

I have been going to Silver Dunes for most of my life and can say with perfect confidence that you will absolutely love this place. Every condo is very meticulously cared for and cleaned. The front desk is first class in the willingness to help make your stay fantastic. The housekeeping staff is top notch. If you have a young child, they have cribs or other immenities that make it more convenient. Last but not least, George the beach attendant is the most knowledgable, hard working, and meticulous person you could ever want on the beach. He has spoiled me because anytime that I have gone to another beach the experience can never live up to how good of a job George does. He has the umbrellas ready as early as you could possibly want on the beach. He turns the umbrellas for you as the sun moves across the sky. (advice: don't move it yourself, he has a particular way of doing it and prefers to do it himself). He also has volleyballs and other activities that you might want to play on the beach. He is fairly priced. At the end of the day he hoists a cocktail flag to signify "it's 5 o'clock somewhere" and he begins taking down the umbrellas and chairs. Ask him anything about the weather. With over 25 years on the same beach, he has seen and knows it all. In terms of attractions around the resort, The Track and Big Kahuna are within walking distance. Both are a lot of fun. Also within walking distance is Chick-fil-a, the Back Porch, Waffle House, and many souvenir stores. Walmart and Food City for groceries are 5 min drives depending on traffic. There is a tennis court, pool, basketball hoop, outdoor grills and laundry room on site available for any guests use. This is all for now.

• Stayed March 2012
Riverside, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012 via mobile

I've been to the silver dunes 4 times and have stayed in 4 different condos and I was satisfied each time. The rooms are clean and spacious. It's nice staying in a place that only has 4 floors unlike all the other high rise buildings which totally take away from any natural feel that the beAch could possibly have. They have a pool (not heated). I would recommend staying here

• Stayed December 2011
Gonzales, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

Every 2nd week of June my family & extended family & friends have a "Family Reunion" in Destin. Our family has been doing this for the past 30-35 years! This year, my immediate family shared a lot of first.....our first time to not share a condo with my parents and the first time I've ever had my own child to take on vacation with us! We had a lot of fun. Our Baby Girl was 4 weeks old when we visited this year!
Silver Dunes is always exceptionally welcoming & accomodating. I guess that's why we've been staying there as long as we have. We feel safe there & it's very family friendly!
Silver Dunes is right in the middle of everything - within walking distance of Big Kahunas (which is a family favorite & tradition), The Track (also, family favorite & tradition) and so many restaraunts.
The outside lawn area is perfect for games with family & friends....even friends you may meet on the trip! There have been a lot of memories made at Silver Dunes & I am looking forward to many more!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011 via mobile

We stay here every year. Very clean, great pool and you get the famous George! He has been here for 25+ years at least. Puts your chair and umbrellas up every morning and can predict the weather better than any weather man on tv. Great location as well.

• Stayed August 2011
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

We always stay here as the condo we stay in is owned by my husband's boss. It's a great location and great beaches. I feel very safe here and George down on the beach takes great care of his guests and knows everything there is to know about Destin.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Silver Dunes Condominium? Share your experiences!