“Unit 105” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cabana Club

Cabana Club
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Destin
Cabana Club
Save Saved
You added Cabana Club to your Saves list
3450 Old Highway 98, Destin, FL 32541   |
Ranked #18 of 39 Hotels in Destin
“Unit 105”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Recently stayed 10 days in this unit. Looks like owners have been updating it little by little. Tile throughout, except bedroom. Very nice. Redone shower which was very nice, it was glass enclosed and felt much roomier (the older showers are a hassle...no room to turn around or even shower for 2 ;-). They could replace the shower head...it wasn't very strong pressure. But, not a big deal. Nice large flat screen t.v. with dvd/vcr player. Sofas need updating but they were comfortable. I actually slept on the sofa a few nights, because the bed was super firm and I'm used to a softer bed. I woke up aching everytime I slept in there. It looks like they've purchased new bedroom furniture which was very pretty. Their pictures showed different furniture. It was a nice upgrade.

We didn't have any issues with our a/c. But, did notice some units were being worked on. It is an older building. I would stay here again, but I'd need to bring a topper for the mattress. Noted unit next door had a faulty patio door because the people staying there slammed the door over and over to try to get it to lock ( it was annoying) It was unit 104. We've run into this a couple of times (been staying here for over 20 years). We just use the broom stick to put in the door to keep anyone from opening it.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
brandon, ms
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We've just returned from a week's stay here. Beach was gorgeous as always. We've been coming to Destin for years, stayed at many different places. We've stayed at Sea Oats properties twice a year for years, always a perfect stay.I love the old fashioned feel their properties have for me. This was our first stay at Cabana Club. Our unit, 205, has been updated recently, very nice kitchen and bathroom with whirlpool tub. But what's with the a/c? Thermostat is set for 69 degrees or higher. No ceiling fans. The management staff, never what you'd call friendly, were more than happy to argue with us. Hateful staff members can ruin a vacation. The owner finally agreed to bring us a fan, and brought us two, one for the bedroom and one for the living room, which made the temperature in the unit bearable but this isn't a campground here folks. We noticed twice a local air conditioner service was at several condos during the week. Obviously the a/cs here are in need of updating also.Unit 205 is a nice condo, but best for the cold-natured. And friendly service is so important. I'm looking at staying at the Destin Beach Club for our next trip to Destin in September.

Room Tip: Too warm and stuffy in this condo. You can't adjust the air conditioner.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife and I went for a getaway trip for ourselves. This is the first time we have stayed in the Cabana Club. The view was great and the weather was awesome the 3 days we were there.(low 80's and clear) The beach was not crowed at all. Ther were only @ 10 other families/groups on the beach. The condo was very nice and clean, it appeared to have been updated with new appliances and countertops in the kitchen. There was tile in the kitchen,bathrooms, and down the hall. The bathroms had been remodeled also with a very nice shower and whirlpool tub. The only drawback was the slow drain in the shower. If not for this i would have given it a 5. We will definately come back again but look at another room.(Maybe 101 if we are lucky)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Just came back from 8 wonderful days in Destin and a very comfortable condo at Cabana Club. Looks like condo is in the process of updating their bathroom area (which definately needs it)...hopefully they finish it. (Some of these bathrooms are extremely dated with horrible rust/brown tiles). The kitchen has been updated which was very nice. The furniture was very nice as well. I much perfer feeling like I'm at someone's home rather than a condo filled with cheap "beach" furniture...you know...the wicker stuff. Ugh. This was very nicely decorated. Loved the big flat screen tv in the LR and the BR! Bed was comfortable. Appreciate the extra padding. Wish more places would add this. I do wish Sea Oats Management would update their towels. They are getting pretty rough. Drying off is very scratchy, which when you have a little sunburn can be a little uncomfortable. I may start bringing my own towels. Loved the lounger on the patio.

P.S. We stayed in 201 in May and it was wonderful as always. Completely upgraded condo. Always my first choice, but usually not lucky enough to book. It goes fast!!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Very nice updated remodeled condo. I have stayed over 40 times at Cabana Club and you really have to book ahead if you want any of the remodeled condos. Some are still very dated. This is one of the nicer ones. Nice furniture. Flat screen t.v. (however, is located at the top of the wall, which was uncomfortable to watch after a bit because of neck cramps lol). Comfy bed - t.v. in bedroom with a tricky remote..sometimes it wouldn't turn the t.v. on and when it did...it would turn it back off. But, I managed. Balcony overlooking the beach - high deck chairs on patio - no table so it was disappointing you couldn't eat on the balcony which is a favorite thing to do. No pool. But, as this is managed by Sea Oats Management, you are able to use their pool. FYI, bring your own can opener. Both in the condo were worthless. Truly it is a very nice place to stay, you don't get the typical "beach decor". It makes it truly feels like a home away from home.

The fact that there are only 4 floors and its a small condo complex makes the beach out front less crowded which is a big plus for me as I hate being packed in like sardines like they are down at the public beach in front of The Crab Trap. There is never more than 10/15 families out front so there is plenty of room for everyone. During this trip there were about 5 families total.

FYI - due to it being the only place I really stay in Destin - I will try to review each different condo I stay in - so there may be multiple reviews from me over time such as 201 next month. I only give it a 4 star rating because it does not have its own pool.

Room Tip: If 201 is booked...I always ask for this one next and only because 201 has that amazing shower.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
grady,al
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

We stayed here for four nights in October 2011. Had four adult women on the trip. Booked this condo because of the great bathrooms on the website, and they were wonderful. The master bath had two shower heads, but if you used them both, there was not enough water pressure. When using just one of them the pressure was fine. Condo was clean, kitchen was stocked with anything you could need. Loved the large bathrooms. Balcony had nice furniture, and view was amazing. Saw dolphins almost every day. Had washer and dryer, great for beach towels. On the sleeping arrangements, we had to get creative. Booked as sleeping for 5 on website. King bed, Queen sleeper sofa, Twin futon. In reality, it did have king sized bed. But sleeper sofa was a double, and no twin futon was found. Called the office and they said the futon was in the closet. We found a fold out mat, twin sized. They verified it was the futon. Everything was great except for the bed accommodations. We had a great time, and the Crab Trap is within walking distance. Had elevator and luggage carts. Ice machine at the hotel, pool at the hotel. This is next door. Loved the area, have stayed in this area before, and well pleased overall. Would stay here again. Wish the beach service came with the room, $25 daily, even when you do not go out until 1 p.m. We had hoped for a break on the service that day for late start, but did not receive one. Family time was great, and hope to return soon. May try the hotel next time, looked at a room before we left. They are nothing fancy, but clean and on the beach. Overall loved our stay.

Room Tip: We were on a corner, and had lots of light.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Guin,Al
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

Just returned home from Destin. We stayed in the Cabana Club , and loved it!

It was bigger than the condos that we are used to staying in, over in Gulf Shores and Orange beach. The price for it was less too.

Quiet, private beach, and very easy to get the beach--and within just a few minutes of restrunts.

Will be back again next year!

Been to Cabana Club? Share your experiences!