“Had a great time!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #46 of 127 Activities in Destin
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Olin Marler Charter Fishing and Dolphin Cruises is Destin's first established cruise service. We offer the best in Deep Sea Fishing and Dolphin Sightseeing cruises.
Radcliff, Kentucky
8 attraction reviews
“Had a great time!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We just returned from a Dec. trip to Destin and discovered that much of Destin shuts down during the off-season, so we were thrilled to find this dolphin tour was still running twice daily. We really enjoyed the two-hour tour...they gave us popcorn to feed the seagulls, provided informative narrative about Destin's history, points of interest (they even point out John Grisholm's home as well as the home of Tim McGraw and Faith Hill!), and all the employees were very friendly (the ticket gal, the crew, the Captain.) And, I guess I should mention we saw TONS of dolphins...several different pods...we were able to get pics with 8 dolphins in them at a time! They were very friendly, curious, and playful! What an experience!

Visited December 2012

Tucson, Arizona
10 attraction reviews
“company doesn't want your money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We signed up the day before. Ready for noon dolphin adventure. They cancelled n put us on the 3pm tour. We arrived. They cancelled w/ no consideration. Company doesn't want your $ nor care if they waste your vacation day. One would think they'd want to make $ in the non-prime season. Won't be back ever.

Visited December 2012
olinmarler, Manager at Olin Marler Fishing and Dolphin Cruises, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Caroline,

I'm sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience with us. Please do not think that we do not want your money or your business. In fact, Olin Marler Charters wouldn't have been around for 40+ years if it wasn't for having great customers and service. Operating in the winter is a very difficult time for us because we are only able to run trips if we have enough participation. Otherwise, we would not be able to operate if we ran our trips with just a few people. I apologize if you were not better informed of everything. Our staff should have gave you a call if there wasn't enough people on the 3pm cruise so you didn't have to drive down to the docks. I hope one day you will give us another chance when we are in season and never have to worry about participation issues. I hope the rest of your trip went well.
Ajax, Canada
34 attraction reviews
“Lovely Afternoon”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

While visiting my parents my mother and I did the Dolphin Cruise.
The weather was lovely and the staff were very friendly and knowledgable of the history of the area. The boat was very clean.
We fed the "Terns" cheeto's!!!, once in the bay finally saw the dolphins. We were luckly enough to see a baby dolphin that was no more than 2 days old. It was wonderful to see how they interact when they are that young.
It was a nice afternoon and the sights were lovely.

Visited November 2011
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
“Absolutely the best experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I was in a group charter fishing trip with Olin Marler about 3 weeks ago and 1 deckhand pretty much ruined my first fishing experience. I paid the 20% tip but I felt like I really should not have given any tip for the horrible experience. I came home and launched a complaint via email. To my surprise, I received a reply with a sincere apology and asked for another opportunity to make things right. I later learned that the deckhand no longer works for charter company. Well this past weekend, I booked a private charter for 10 people. We were taking our VIP clients out on their first charter fishing trip. I asked specifically for Danny to be our deckhand which was the other deckhand on my first trip and he was very professional and helpful. Danny brought his son Seth who works at a different boat. All 10 of us were blown away by their level of service. We were a little worried that we were doing more boating than fishing. But on our last stop, we hit the jackpot. I believe we caught around 15 or 16 fish. All of which were groupers and amber jacks. One of our members ended up catching a 55lbs grouper which was the 2nd largest this season according to the harbor. People on the dock were certainly drawn to our catch of the day. Danny and Seth were outstanding throughout the entire trip. Pretty much all 10 of us were beginners. But they made sure we were baited and assisted us every way possible. Olin Marler has certainly become my number 1 choice for charter boat fishing. I plan on taking my clients out every year and I will certainly ask for Danny and Seth to be our deckhands. They were so great that I tipped them 30%. We were on the Gulf Breeze and it is a very spacious boat for 10 people to go charter boat fishing. I hghly recommend this charter boat company.

Visited October 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
35 attraction reviews
“Sunset Cruise and dolphins”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Our family of 3 enjoyed the sunset cruise through the bay, marina and Gulf of Mexico. We had a blast! We saw many dolphins swimming, playing and jumping and the view of the sunset was incredible. The boat was clean and there was plenty of room to safely walk around and look at all views. Soft drinks and snacks were available for purchase ($1 each -- very affordable) and a photographer took family photos for families before the cruise ($10). The captain gave a brief and informative history of Destin and the boat "mates" were both courteous and friendly.

Visited September 2012