“Fun Resort! Average Rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Beachwalk Villas at Sandestin

Beachwalk Villas at Sandestin
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Destin
Beachwalk Villas at Sandestin
You added Beachwalk Villas at Sandestin to your Saves list
9300 Emerald Coast Pkwy. W., Destin, FL 32550   |
Ranked #35 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Springfield, MO
“Fun Resort! Average Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

stayed at the resort actually at the la ciel it was bay-side so I would go again just stay beach side the travel across the street was not bad for the beach but it would have been nice to be closer the whole resort was great so much fun will be going back for sure!

Room Tip: choose beachside the bay side views were nice but had to go across the street for the beach the reso...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Our recent trip to Destin/Sandestin was nice but our stay at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort had a few issues. First the pros: nice resort with wonderful activities for couples, excellent location near shopping, restaurants, Panama City, etc---beautifully maintained resort, extremely professional staff everywhere on the property. Now for the cons; ResortQuest by Wyndham Vacations owned the unit that my fiance and I stayed in. When we arrived after hours we had an issue entering because the keys that were left for us did not work. We spent hours toying with the key and lock before it would open. We tried calling ResortQuest for assistance but the after hours phone was down. When we finally got in it was an hour or so before day break; needless to say we spent most of the next day sleeping due to the trauma we experienced the night before. ResortQuest never offered an apology or compensation due to this issue. They told us we had to come and get a key from the office. They later came to the villa to check the lock, take pictures, etc...The next day we came back to the villa to find the owners (who were very nice) inside of the villa because ResortQuest told them we checked out. Once again, no apology or compensation for this error. To top all of this off, the villa was very unattractive inside as it has extremely dated furniture. It was neat and appeared to have been cleaned but there was a musty, mildew smell that was overwhelming. When we used the washer and dryer and the shower it appeared to be even more distinct. We believe there was probably a leak constantly dripping over existing mold to cause this odor. If you rent a villa anywhere on this property you should definitely rent only from Sandestin Resort since they are there to assist you on the property at all times. However, I strongly suggest that you choose another area of the resort that is newer and definitely owned and/or rented by the actual resort.

Bryan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Family of 4 with 2 friends, boys ages 15 and 11. Tried to book a tower on the beach, but months before it was all booked. They suggested the villa and told me its a short walk to the beach.
The villa was a beautiful 3 bedroom, 3 bath, great for 4 boys on the bottom and adults upstairs.
Full kitchen which helped a lot with food cost and used the washer and dryer everyday. Sat right on the lake and balconies were very relaxing with the fountain outside.
Now, there was a small 'resort' book with information, but nothing specific, like will they do any housekeeping service, where to put the trash (which you only know due to seeing others dump trash on front sidewalk) . No decent map of the facilities and I felt like I had to search for where things were. Some reviews mentioned Starbucks, only one I saw was in town, many miles away.
False advertising... 19 pools, nope you really only have access to 4, but could only find 2. Pools were very small and nothing more than your neighborhood pool. This size of a resort I expected to have a cool, fun area with music, drinks and a place for adults and children. No hot tubs. They promised me the Beachwalk villas were a short walk to the beach.....umm no, we were wrapped all the way around complex at back of a cul de sac. In the car it was a 10 minute drive. Tram service, yes, saw a tram station at the beach access at the 10 min car ride away. No information on any flyer etc about the tram service. Had teenagers and would have liked them to have the ability to go to a pool with a lifeguard or walk to the beach to hang out and that was not possible. No beach activities were seen and no beach lifeguards, even a watch towers would have been nice.
Housekeeping: started us off with 2 trash bags and a lot of recycle bags for a full kitchen, they don't have liquid dishwashing soap to wash something off in the sink, but 2 packets of dishwasher detergent. Gave the entire villa 2 wash cloths and 2 rolls of TP/bathroom, there is no daily service so you will have to call. Expected more with all the hype about this resort.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We have stayed here twice now. Very convenient location. Just a very short drive to the beautiful beach or could walk. There is an awesome pool also.
This condo is a roomy 2 bedroom with 2-1/2 bath. Last year we rented a 3 bedroom with a loft. We love this place.

• Stayed June 2013
marianacollins
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I was displaced from my home and have stayed at Sandestin Resort before for vacations. This time it was different because I have a small dog and was not sure where I could go... The front desk personnel were very helpful and put us in Beachwalk villa....It was perfect for my family and especially great for my pet. It was spacious, clean and had everything we needed. The manager was wonderful and called to make sure our stay was going well.. I would definitely recommend the Beachwalk villa to anyone and WILL be coming back to vacation during my next stay in Destin.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

I loved staying here in sandestin in the beach walk villas, first of all I loved being so close to everything along with being able to walk to starbucks every morring. it was great with the kids too because they loved going to the pond to" cacth" guppies from our villa (including a few turtles they caought too.)we also enjoyed going to baytown which isn't far away (which they have a shuttle to take you to and from your villa) the kids loved the baytown adventure zone with a bungy jump and zip line its a little pricy but worth it! the beach also isnt far away also (and also with a shuttle) we loved going to the white sanded beaches every day,the kids loved having beach toys that they could use from the villa (they have a shed outside with all sorts of fun stuff for them like nets,sand buckets floaties and more) resteraunts there are terrific and pretty much all of them have good kid menues that the kids loved.we would say our favorites were beef O' brady, graffities,finzs,andanother broken egg cafe.we loved it there and the kids did too but some points in time we wantd to get away, so we put the kids in the kids camp which is great, and we went to dinner and one of their wedsday blues conerts which are free and with the blues brothers , another thing we did but with the kids was go and rent a pontoon boat which was fun we went to crab island (no crabs) which is a huge sand bar in the ocean.we also enjoyed jolee island which is in sandestin and has fun pirate adventures there and is free.with across from there is a nature walk with a hidden playground the kids loved. we have gone to sandestin for many years and still haven't seen everything we loved it every time and i tend to complain about the bad things but i never had any! oh yea and they had a neghborhood swimming pool which was the only heated pool and was great too.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
pensacola
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

After reading the poor review I was a bit nervous about staying at Beachwalk Villas. I mentioned to the manager that I'd seen a bad review and I expected to have a nice unit. We requested 2 bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths. I could tell by the poor condition of the front walk and front door that I wasn't going to be happy. There were only 2 baths, the living area was tiny, the upstairs did not have it's own air conditioner and was 15 degrees warmer than the downstairs, it had a strange smell, the patio off the master bedroom was full of tall weeds, and we all had something biting on our ankles the minute we stepped in. I went back to the manager and he upgraded us to a different area with 3 bedrooms and 3 baths that was beautiful. He did this for no extra charge but only after I refused to pay an upgrade charge. I can't believe Sandestin Resorts continue to put people in the first unit.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Been to Beachwalk Villas at Sandestin? Share your experiences!