“simply the best!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beachwalk Villas at Sandestin

Beachwalk Villas at Sandestin
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Destin
Beachwalk Villas at Sandestin
You added Beachwalk Villas at Sandestin to your Saves list
9300 Emerald Coast Pkwy. W., Destin, FL 32550   |
Ranked #35 of 39 Hotels in Destin
marianacollins
“simply the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I was displaced from my home and have stayed at Sandestin Resort before for vacations. This time it was different because I have a small dog and was not sure where I could go... The front desk personnel were very helpful and put us in Beachwalk villa....It was perfect for my family and especially great for my pet. It was spacious, clean and had everything we needed. The manager was wonderful and called to make sure our stay was going well.. I would definitely recommend the Beachwalk villa to anyone and WILL be coming back to vacation during my next stay in Destin.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

I loved staying here in sandestin in the beach walk villas, first of all I loved being so close to everything along with being able to walk to starbucks every morring. it was great with the kids too because they loved going to the pond to" cacth" guppies from our villa (including a few turtles they caought too.)we also enjoyed going to baytown which isn't far away (which they have a shuttle to take you to and from your villa) the kids loved the baytown adventure zone with a bungy jump and zip line its a little pricy but worth it! the beach also isnt far away also (and also with a shuttle) we loved going to the white sanded beaches every day,the kids loved having beach toys that they could use from the villa (they have a shed outside with all sorts of fun stuff for them like nets,sand buckets floaties and more) resteraunts there are terrific and pretty much all of them have good kid menues that the kids loved.we would say our favorites were beef O' brady, graffities,finzs,andanother broken egg cafe.we loved it there and the kids did too but some points in time we wantd to get away, so we put the kids in the kids camp which is great, and we went to dinner and one of their wedsday blues conerts which are free and with the blues brothers , another thing we did but with the kids was go and rent a pontoon boat which was fun we went to crab island (no crabs) which is a huge sand bar in the ocean.we also enjoyed jolee island which is in sandestin and has fun pirate adventures there and is free.with across from there is a nature walk with a hidden playground the kids loved. we have gone to sandestin for many years and still haven't seen everything we loved it every time and i tend to complain about the bad things but i never had any! oh yea and they had a neghborhood swimming pool which was the only heated pool and was great too.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
pensacola
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

After reading the poor review I was a bit nervous about staying at Beachwalk Villas. I mentioned to the manager that I'd seen a bad review and I expected to have a nice unit. We requested 2 bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths. I could tell by the poor condition of the front walk and front door that I wasn't going to be happy. There were only 2 baths, the living area was tiny, the upstairs did not have it's own air conditioner and was 15 degrees warmer than the downstairs, it had a strange smell, the patio off the master bedroom was full of tall weeds, and we all had something biting on our ankles the minute we stepped in. I went back to the manager and he upgraded us to a different area with 3 bedrooms and 3 baths that was beautiful. He did this for no extra charge but only after I refused to pay an upgrade charge. I can't believe Sandestin Resorts continue to put people in the first unit.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
cehracat
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

The beachwalk villa we stayed at is independently owned and was $200.00 a night. Great value for two bedrooms, two bathrooms and nice kitchen. Because each unit is owned by different people they vary tremendously (I hear) but ours was wonderful! Great sheets, great towels, and clean, really tasteful decor and nice appliances. Right by the beach and one of the best beaches and ocean I have ever experienced. Baytowne was so fun and had tons of things for our kids to do. They loved feeding the ducks in the back yard. There was also tons of dining options within the resort. We will definitely go back and think our villa was a really great value.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Atlanta GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2006

Our family (2 adults and 3 children, 8 yrs and younger) went to San Destin for Memorial Day weekend. We rented a 3 bedroom townhome in Beachwalk. The location was wonderful, the price seemed reasonable based on other homes we have rented. We weren't expecting the Four Seasons, but we weren't expecting the No-Tell Motel either.

Check-in was posted at 4 PM. After driving from Atlanta with 3 kids for 7 hours, we were not allowed to check-in to our unit until almost 6 PM. Not only was the staff unapologetic, the front desk clerk was extremely defensive.

When we arrived at the unit, housekeeping was still there, the exterior was littered with cigarette butts, and the sidewalk was studded with trash bags left by housekeeping from multiple units. The interior was disappointingly in disrepair. Nothing major, but annoying and unexpected. Door hooks hanging by one screw, toilet paper holder off, sliding screen off the track, etc. In addition, it was not particularly clean. The beds were the worst part of the stay: Uncomfortable with too short flat sheets in lieu of fitted bottom sheets that kept coming untucked and sliding.

We understand that each of these units is independently owned; however, we expected a higher standard, especially since we were paying almost $400/night.

The beach was/is beautiful and the shuttle service is nice. Neither of those compensates for our fellow beach-goers. It looked and felt a lot like Spring Break---a lot of beer and public displays of affection that were beyond what I want to explain to my kids.

We did receive a 10% discount, but next time we will be renting from someone else, somewhere else.

Been to Beachwalk Villas at Sandestin? Share your experiences!