We stayed in this hotel for one night in late June 2012 on our way to New Orleans. The hotel is in a good location close to shopping outlets and restaurants. Check in was quick and our room was quite nice although the decoration was a bit tired. The room and bathroom had everything we required. We drove a short distance to the Henderson state park beach shortly after arriving and were pleasantly surprised how nice and well kept the beach was in the middle of a built up area. Because we were at the beach for a couple of hours we gave the hotel pool a miss but it appeared quite nice. After shopping for a few hours (a number of shops are within walking distance if you didn't have a car), we went for an evening meal. We choose TGI Fridays which is less than 100 meters from the hotel, which allowed me to have a couple of drinks without driving. The meal exceeded our expectations and the service was also very good. The breakfast was the usual fare for country inns and set us up well for the journey ahead. The breakfast area was kept well stocked and clean. If we returned to destin, and we would definitely like to, we would certainly consider this hotel. Whilst it is not the best hotel you will stay in, the location is excellent and the price for this area is hard to beat. At least this was our experience as it was around 40 percentage cheaper than other comparable hotels near the coast. I would however stay in a more luxurious hotel if we were staying 3-4 nights or longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full complimentary hot deluxe breakfast with rotating menu, heated pool, fitness center, 5 minute drive to the closest public beach access. It is easy to pass the day on the outdoor patio at the White Sands Inn & Suites of Destin. The heated pool and hot tub are surrounded by greenery and comfortable seating. Complimentary cookies and coffee available 24/7. The hotel also makes a great base camp for visiting local attractions, including award-winning golf courses and white-sand beaches. Its rooms and suites are clean. There is free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel. Walking distance to a variety of restaurants and shopping, adjacent to Shops at Paradise Keys shopping center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your White Sands Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites Destin
- Country Inn & Suites Destin Hotel Destin
- Country Inn Destin
- Destin Country Inn