“Beachsie 2 #4293 was motel quality for a lot of money” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Beachside Towers at Sandestin

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Destin
Beachside Towers at Sandestin
You added Beachside Towers at Sandestin to your Saves list
9300 Emerald Coast Pkwy W, Destin, FL 32541   |
Ranked #27 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Petoskey, Michigan
“Beachsie 2 #4293 was motel quality for a lot of money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2015

The view is 5 star. The room, however, was a 3 in serious need of an update. The kitchen had nothing. No salt and pepper or coffee filters. Bring drinking water for coffee as the water smells. The bathroom is tiny. There was construction that was a minor nuisance.
I would really research the accommodations if I were to return.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2015

Great views, clean unit and convenient location if you need a basic place to stay and cleanliness is always my top priority. Sandestin is a great place to visit! Things to know in advance- master bedroom mattress desperately needs replacing, bunks in second bedroom have no ladder so access is limited and could be dangerous for young children. Bathroom access directly from this bedroom is also blocked off which makes it necessary to go out into hallway to enter/exit bath. Take with you- extra toilet paper, dish soap, shampoo, blow dryer and clothes hangers. They do have two beach chairs in the closet, which was nice.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2015

I've stayed at Sandestin at least two times or more per summer. Usually I stay at the cheapest property on the resort, Le Ciel, which is on the bayside. However, because of a reservations mistake previously they provided me a future stay voucher. For Valentines we took advantage of that voucher. WOW! The voucher upgraded us to the Westwind beach Towers, not the normally Le Ciel bayfront property.

Location: The Sandestin resort straddles the main thoroughfare and Westwind is a gulf front tower building. Within walking distance of the resort is a PF Changs, Applebees in one direction and a Carrabas a little further in the other direction. A Publix supermarket and a brand new movie theater are within walking distance of the resort.

Registration: To get to any units on the resort you have to register at a central desk just inside the north entrance. This is a huge improvement from before!

Property: The Westwind is a one of the newer beachfront condos. More than 10 stories tall. It has a very large pool area with three types of pools, included a heated pool. A little bridge over the dunes takes you directly to the beach.

Room: The room absolutely blew us away and frankly raised our expectations of what we will be willing to pay for on a future visit. It was actually a well laid out two bedroom suite (with full kitchen, seating area, giant comfortable beds, balcony with beachfront view. It was bright and light in color all over and made you feel like you were at a high-end hotel. Each bedroom has it own bathroom and an additional half-bath for visiting guest.

I believe the units are owned by homeowners, so I can't guarantee all in the building will look the same, but I think ours was #4783.

My wife, who was a little hesitant to take the long drive to Sandestin, was very, very, very pleased at the unit we got. So the weekend was great. We've decided to spend a little more next trip to get this type of unit, in a one bedroom studio configuration. Never thought beachfront was worth it, but I've changed my mind. See the photographs below that I managed to grab.

Westwind yes, grab one! It was great. I know when she says, "I hate to leave this place", it will make your wife or girlfriend happy, too!

Other items: Internet was free and fast. Outlet mall is down the street and yes it makes my wife happy too!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Franklin, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2014

Stayed here back in August at the Beachside II number 4283 managed by destin memories and it was fantasitic. The view was absolutely spectacular each morning and evening. The resort is truly everything you could possibly want and never have to leave. Our unit was updated and the furnishings were very nice. Our favorite part was the balcony, we spent hours upon hours on the balcony. The restaurants in Sandestin were all top notch and I would highly recommend. Overall our stay was great and we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Book after mid august when the season changes to get a cheaper rate
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014

First, if you are thinking of booking a trip to Sandestin... DO IT NOW! You will not be disappointed. Next, let me tell you why. We have been to Sandestin Golf and Beach Club five times now and each time it has been amazing. We have a 5 year old daughter and both my husband and I are Type A people so relaxing doesn't come easy for us. The beaches are pristine and the views are second to none. We have stayed in the Westwinds and Beach Tower buildings and both are beautiful. Baytowne Wharf is perfect for anyone who wants to shop, dine and just enjoy some live music. We loved Acme Oyster House, Hammerheads (which has views of the bay in the outside seating area) and Hartley's. My daughter loves the carousel and ropes course. She hasn't done the zipline yet but I think next trip she will be brave enough. My husband and I are both big golfers and there are 4 courses to choose from at Sandestin. Burnt Pine is tough but beautiful! If you would rather stay in a house near the courses you can do that as well. We took extended family and stayed in a house near The Raven course. It was perfect. This place feels like a second home now and I look forward to going back year after year.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the 4th floor or higher for the best views of the beach in Westwinds or Beach Tower...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Arcade, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2014

we arrived after dark on 9/29/14. we had to check in in the front desk way across the street...finding it was a mess. then finding our tower and room was even harder. while unpacking the emergency alarm sounded and we were told to evacuate the building. we dropped everything and ran downb 16 flights of stairs. went to eat and came back and people said the alarms had been going off all day. when i called the front office they didn't know anything about it! needless to say - they went off again at 4:30 am, 5:00 and 5:30 am. and they are LOUD. we ignored them. the room was nice but bathroom needs updating bad. had to walk to the Hilton Sandestin next door to eat-couldn't find anywhere to eat in our tower. and the "fitness center" was 3 machines in a common room with where people come to lounge and watch tv. construction crews were working on the outside balconies the whole time and debris was falling - no yellow tape was where it should have been...and it was loud. other than those cons-it was pretty nice. Don't stay here if you want to get in and out of your hotel quick--to go eat or anything. have to go through a couple gates. Or spend extra $ and stay at Hilton Sandestin next door. it's much nicer and newer.

Room Tip: if your going to stay here and spend the $ -be sure it is Gulf view
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2014

Just got back from 1 week at unit 4067. The condo was nice, amenities were nice through Sandestin, OceanReef is a GREAT management group!

The condo itself was very average. The unit is actually on the 6th floor and partially overlooks beach and pool. Views are good! There is one covered patio that is somewhat crowded, but a second uncovered patio (off the master bedroom) that is quite large. The second bedroom has views of the AC unit and parking lot, not the beach! The kitchen is adequate for what is needed, we used it mostly for breakfast and lunch. Have a complaint of the TV, only due to it being college football season, I know you don't rent a condo to watch TV, but it's nice to have a larger one with good cable service to watch games and kids shows. Also have a complaint of the small amount of mold in the master shower area...I'm sure in Florida it's difficult to maintain, but when I rent a condo, I don't want to see mold.

The elevators worked the entire time we were there, and the walk to the beach was quite easy. The pool was great for us, though being in off season, not too busy. The pool is a little more on the small size for a resort pool.

Overall a good experience, my wife said she would stay here again, but I may look at other condos and locations for future visits to Destin/Sandestin.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Beachside Towers at Sandestin? Share your experiences!