“CASUAL but tasty” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Atlanta, Georgia
“CASUAL but tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I was a little surprised by how casual this place is - very basic decor (dollar bills and brassieres stapled to the walls?), loud radio music, plastic silverware, etc. Very biker bar feel. With that said, the food more than made up for its atmosphere.

If you are an oyster person, make time for this place! I ordered a dozen raw on the half shell and for about $8 I got 12 HUGE lovely oysters. They were to die for. I should have ordered more!

The gator bites were also great, but a little pricey ($15-ish).

We went to this place for lunch; I think I might have enjoyed the atmosphere better if we'd gone for dinner or a late night snack - I think its ambiance is better appreciated after dark and with drinks.

I will definitely return to this place, at night/after dark, and order about 3 dozen oysters!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Nashville
“Great Casual Atmosphere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Super casual harbor side restaurant with good cold beer selection. Often they have live music. They are noted for their oysters - my wife is an oyster connoisseur and says they are good but not great. The crab cake I had was good as well. Overall more of a fun, relaxing place to go rather than a food destination. We had a good time and we'll probably go back next time we're in Destin.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
“We love this little place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

I tell everyone you have to go to the boathouse. This is the best place for fresh oysters and cold beer. We go here everytime we are in Destin.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“FUN FUN FUN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Great views, vibe, prices, and music!! We were able to see dolphins in the harbor from the restaurant. Drank for a few hours and had lunch and our tab was only like 35 bucks! When we were getting ready to leave a really cool band started so we ended up shuting down the bar!!!

• Visited June 2013
Paris
“Cool Little Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This place must be catching on. I ate here about four or five years earlier and since then they have added on. This cool little place is a small little secret among several big name restaurants around the harbor in Destin. I have talked to several locals that listed this place as their first choice. It sits right out on the water with a large shed roof they have added on as an outside sitting area. It has a small sitting area around the building to the other side with a seating area with three or four other tables. The inside of this place is only about 25 X 30 or so. Not a big place but a fun and neat place. The service is great and the food was really good both times I have been here. I would get there a little early if I had kids with me. I have seen families with children both times I ate here but as it gets later they have bands or people playing so it can get a little loud. Dewey Destin and Aj's are both in this same area so most vacationers look right past this little place. They have a nice large TV outside in the shed area with games on. This is a great little dive joint.