“Pleasantly Surprised!” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   215 US Highway 98 East, Destin, FL 32541   |
Ranked #28 of 39 Hotels in Destin
“Pleasantly Surprised!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

So, after being terrified by a few terrible reviews on this site but left with no other options, I tried this place (walking distance from HarborWalk and Mcguires, which is seriously rare). Young guy at the front desk worked with me (and was hilarious btw), good rate, room smelled great and bed was SO soft I was tempted to try to take off with it, I mean they can just charge me right? But free breakfast in the morning was delicious, good for hangovers, not extravagant, but I'm fine not paying an extra fifty bucks for a "Complimentary" meal. And this Russian chick (who made my wife a little jealous, deservedly so) checked us out, overall a good stay!

• Stayed November 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

After having a bad experience at a hotel in St. Augustine FL we decided to check out the rooms before we decided to stay there. Good thing. The web made it seem decent enough and the gentleman I talked to on the phone to check the rates made it seem REALLY nice. Not so. The place was very dated and when we checked out a room with a king bed, we opened the door and the room really smelled like mold and dirt. It was very small and not really too clean. The outside of the hotel was dirty and there were shady looking characters in the parking lot, in front of the rooms, etc. So.....I gave the clerk back the key card and we left and found another hotel. The web has it having 4.2 stars....no, no, no! I wouldn't even give it a 1.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Marionville, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel was horrible horrible horrible....creepy locals there all night. Ask a local business if our car was safe there and they said the police were just telling them about a break in there. Hair all in the tub and bathroom floor. Dirty furniture. Clean sheets. Never again!

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel was very clean and a convenient location. While a little dated, it was very clean and well organized. The towels were functional definitely not 4 star. The breakfast was typical for hotel style. The location was very good and no parking issues at all. The wifi was very problematic, and was non functional.

• Stayed December 2014
glasgow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2014

Yes the rooms were a bit tired but for what was charged for the room we thought it was ok. There was plenty room for all our luggage and the location is great.. Plenty bars and restaurants nearby. Free wifi and parking. The Red Door Saloon is a friendly bar which is just across the road and McGuires nearby has fantastic steaks.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2014

The rooms are in bad need of a facelift. The location is great within walking distance of restaurants and the Harbor, cheap for area but over priced for old room and facilities. The staff however was very nice and helpful. For emergency which this was OK for a night otherwise stay where your expectations are fulfilled.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2014

I was almost terrified to stay here when I saw the reviews, but it was seriously no where near as bad as most on here are making it out to be. We were only staying here for one night (because it was right across the street from where our deep sea fishing boat was chartered) and then on to our resort the next day. I was driving in from Atlanta and my father was driving from Indiana with his girlfriend. Of course, I arrived first. The reservation was in my dad's girlfriend's name, so she called to see if they'd allow me to check in for her. No problem at all. I will say that the lobby was EXTREMELY dated, but we weren't spending the night in the lobby, so who cares. The outside of the place also makes the hotel look a little suspect, but you can't always judge a book by its cover, right? When I arrived, the room was clean and looked just like the pictures. Because of some of the reviews, I checked the tub and the toilet to make sure they worked properly. There was no mold on the flooors or on the baseboards, no bad odors, the TV worked just fine.. they even have HBO. All in all, it was a decent stay. No problems at all.

PS.. there's a bar across the street called The Red Door Saloon. AWESOME, cheap drinks and the locals were very friendly :)

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Been to Village Inn of Destin? Share your experiences!