“Reasonable and Clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 39 Hotels in Destin
kimc3
“Reasonable and Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

This hotel is in a good location.within walking distance to restaurants and bars! Clean but nothing fancy. Hotel staff is very friendly and accommodating. Light breakfast with pastries and free coffee but right next to a Waffle House. Would stay again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Admin VIllage I... ., General Manager at Village Inn of Destin, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. As the general manager I value your feedback to see how we are doing. I will share your comments with my entire staff. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am happy that our hotel met your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to seeing you again soon. The Village Inn of Destin.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Horn Lake, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

very nice motel clean rooms nice king size bed did not hear any noise slept really good and parked the car never got back in it to time to leave everything we want to do we could just walk there.Also Laura and Ana were very nice and helpful. I would recommend this hotel and when I return to Destin I will stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Admin VIllage I... ., General Manager at Village Inn of Destin, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Wonderful! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our hotel met all of your expectations. We are glad to be part of your memories of the Emerald Coast! Our entire staff strives for excellence and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!!
Frisco, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Overall average, although there was one incident we had a cockroach flying all over the room. The rooms were clean but honestly need upgrade. And there's rust everywhere, on the showers, on the faucets, on the fridge. Plus it's just beside the road, it's a little bit noisy. If you have low budget for your vacation, this will have to do.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Admin VIllage I... ., General Manager at Village Inn of Destin, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while here at the Village Inn. I regret that you do not feel that we met your expectations. I have taken the information you have shared and reviewed it with our entire staff. We certainly will address just concerns to insure they do not happen in the future. Thank you Becky Patel General Manager
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The outside of the building is not impressive and this sets the tone for the rest.

Though the rooms are a decent size with only one King bed in it, I wouldn't want to have two beds in this room. The carpet needs professional cleaning or replacing.

There was no coffee machine nor iron and ironing board. If you need to iron, I suggest you ask for these items as you check in. You will get a small, table top board.

The bathroom is quite small and desperately in need of renovation. The floor tiles were cracked from the toilet pan and moisture had been seeping through that for some time. The toilet kept running after flushing and required attention. The flush handle just fell off in my hands. It was located so close to the wall that you had to sit on the very tip or sideways (I am a skinny person).

The bath is such that I felt the need to wear protective footwear in this shower over bath. The paint is peeling off the ceiling. The light fixture is dirty/or full of insects/mould.

Next door somewhere is a rather loud motor (industrial site?) that runs all night and day. Having the door shut does not close this sound out.

Breakfast was included though I wouldn't call it breakfast. Coffee; some orange sugary artifically coloured liquid that was supposed to be orange juice and a few choices of small packet buns. Nothing healthy or nutritious in site. That was it! I don't believe they can say they provide breakfast. It was a joke.

Do not stay here for the price they ask being about $80 per night. I would say negotiate it down to it's true value which is $60 incl. tax or less. It is desperately in need of improvement.

Pick up a book of coupons somewhere and stay at the other hotels offering a deal in town as this place charges too much for what it is

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first and ensure there is no industrial motor running next door.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Admin VIllage I... ., Manager at Village Inn of Destin, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I take it very personal when my guests are not happy with their stay. As far as the noise next door the city is building a parking lot and their working hours are out of my control. However, I would have gladly moved you to another building. As for the housekeeping and maintenance issues I have shared your remarks with my housekeeping and maintenance staff so that they can address just issues. I would have liked the opportunity to correct any issue that was reasonable or offered you the opportunity to check out with a refund while you were here. However my records do not indicate any complaints. If you would like to contact me directly to discuss these issues please feel free to contact me. I welcome your feedback . Additionally, we have recently renovated all of our rooms to include new carpet, furniture, paint, and linens. I apologize that our hotel did not met your expectations. Becky Patel - General Manager
eglin afb, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Awesome Hotel. Clean rooms, great rates and the best staff I have ever experienced at a hotel. Alot of great places to eat, drink and places for families to go and spend time together. Would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in or around Destin, Florida!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Admin VIllage I... ., General Manager at Village Inn of Destin, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a great review. We are thrilled that our hotel and staff met your all your expectations! Our entire staff strives for 100% guest satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!
Brandon, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is one of the best little places to stay in destin. It might not be on the beach but the location is great and the staff are very helpful. The rooms have been updated and they welcomed me having my dog there also. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: I like the back side of the hotel better!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Admin VIllage I... ., General Manager at Village Inn of Destin, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at The Village Inn of Destin and taking the time to write us such a nice review! We are delighted that your stay with us met your expectations. Our entire staff strives for customer satisfaction! We look forward to seeing you again very soon!
Seabrook, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was very impressed with the service, the room, and the location of the hotel. Walking distance to great restaurants, the harbor, and all the fishing and boating activities. The staff couldn't do enough for you-courteous and friendly. Lauren and Anna were the best! They were a pleasure to have at the front desk! I plan on bringing my family down to this area and hotel for our next vacation!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Admin VIllage I... ., Manager at Village Inn of Destin, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Wonderful!! Thank you for such a great review from New Hampshire! We are thrilled that The Village Inn met all of your expectations and accommodated your needs. The staff takes pride in making our guests happy, so we are glad that you enjoyed yourselves. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Becky :)

Been to Village Inn of Destin? Share your experiences!