“Don't waste your time” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Florida
“Don't waste your time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

The owners rally need to upgrade this hotel. It smelled horrible when I walked in the room. Its very dirty so, dont waste your time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Pensacola, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

On Hotel Impossible he will tell you that YOU MUST have a web site where people can get your rates AND make reservations! He will also tell you to take all of the germ and bacteria laden, old fashion, large, ugly, bed spreads, and throw them in the trash! I was considering making a 7 night reservation at your hotel. But research has proven that a person makes a decision whether to reserve or not in less than 30 seconds! You lose because NO ONE can make a reservation on your web site and you do not even give rates on your site. Also, you have a 'tab' that says "contact us" and there is no email address. You need some serious help. CALL THE GUY AT "HOTEL IMPOSSIBLE" PLEASE, YOU HAVE A NICE LOOKING PROPERTY AND A GREAT LOCATION. I REALLY WANTED TO COME THERE, BUT YOU MADE IT IMPOSSIBLE. I CAN BOOK AN AROUND THE WORLD CRUISE ON LINE IN 30 SECONDS BUT NOT YOUR HOTEL ROOM - JOIN THE REAL WORLD!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Casselberry, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

Rooms were clean, service was excellent, staff was very nice and all spoke english. Very pleasant place, not to many frills, but all in all the only bad thing. Most would disagree with me was the coffee is too weak for my personal taste. Had a great time. Looks to me like they are under new management and things look a lot different than the reviews I see here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

This is by no means a fancy hotel. It is basic and dated. The beds are older along with the decor. But it is clean and the staff has always been so friendly. The pool stays open all night unless people are not behaving. I absolutely love this place. It is cheap and across the road from many great drinking and eating establishments. Mainly the boardwalk. We have stayed here at least twice a year for the past 6 years. Every time we have had a great time. The location brings us back. Walk across the street, have drinks, walk home. If you are not planning on spending much time in the hotel and just want a clean safe place to stay, this is your place. The only negative is you can't Walk to a good beach from there. But the good public beach is less than 5 minutes away.

• Stayed October 2011
Mossy Head, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

If you are on a budget and want something cheap close to the harbor walk village, I'd say stay here. Our experience was ok. The hotel wasn't very clean. The room had a weird smell to it, only two of the outlets worked in our room, after getting out of the shower and walking around the room your feet will be black and the complementary breakfast items are just coffee, juice and little debbie treats.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

Let me start off by saying that my husband and I love our vacations and put a lot of effort in taking them and have stayed in many vacation rentals and motels and none of them have been perfect and we have accepted the good with the bad and have never complained until now that is. The only thing good about this motel was that it was next door to a great waffle house THAT'S IT! This vacation had a dual purpose we took my husbands adult sisters to Florida for 6 nights for a Christmas present because they had never been, so we reserved 2 rooms for 6 nights. What attracted me to the motel when choosing one was location and price. Though the price was a few dollars cheaper than the other motels,I felt it still would be nice because of its location....WRONG..as soon as we opened the doors to our rooms we were blasted in the face with a stomach turning odor of sour water and mildew. The insides of the drawers smelled so bad you couldn't put your clothes in them,no clock, no coffee pot, no
iron , no blow dryer, blankets weren't provided you had to go to the office to one. In my sisters in law room when they turned on the heat the room was filled with the smell of burning urine someone had urinated in the heater. Our phone had a tremendous amount of static on it, the towels and washcloths were covered with stains and felt like sandpaper. The carpets in both rooms were so nasty they would stick to your feet when you walked on them. You could take a shower and walk across the room and then have to go and wash your feet. The electricity kicked breakers twice during the night. My husband went and bought a can of Lysol immediately and we sprayed everything down especially the beds. The toilet took seven times to flush before it finally succeeded one time. All of the windows were clouded up and you couldn't see out them clearly. We paid a lot extra money to take our pet because they said they would have to fumigate after we left because of our pet. We were worried having our pet there, they should have paid us to keep her from getting something,she was far cleaner than that place. I took her out to the back to do her business and found a homemade marijuana pipe in the parking lot that I am thoroughly convinced came from one of the employees or from one of the many many strange looking people having meetings in the parking lot at all hours of the night. It was party central all night and it took forever to lock our door leading us to believe anybody could get in it. The continental breakfast was stale little Debbie cakes and stale coffee in a commercial size thermos. There was one ice machine in the lobby which was not always open,contrary to what we were told when we registered. I went to the office once to ask the man at the counter about vending machines and he acted like I wasn't there while he yelled at a man on the phone about the amount that was charged on his credit card . The motel had a realtors sign in front,so it was being sold. This is the first time I have ever written a hotel review and swear by everything in it that it is true. Choose another hotel!

Stayed April 2012
Lawrenceville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012 via mobile

I was just there for a family vacation, the rooms were clean, BUT the bathrooms were molded and smelled awful, while there, we had to ask them to come and fix our toilet twice, cause it kept backing up..... When we go back, we will not be staying here again, once was enough. Also, for the free breakfast it was little Debbie cakes, juice, and coffee. I meet with others vacationing there and they also said they would not be back!

Stayed April 2012

Been to Village Inn of Destin? Share your experiences!