“Dated But Convenient” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 39 hotels in Destin
Janesville
“Dated But Convenient”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We made this hotel our first stop of four. The Destin Inn is an old fashioned motel. We had a room on the second floor and stayed only two nights. Not the most attractive hotel, but its location made it very easy to access the boardwalk east of the bridge. The room was clean enough but again don't expect pillow tops and mints on your pillow. I have a relatively high tolerance of the old as long as it is clean. This sufficed for our purpose. Some may find it to be a rat hole, but since I am not the queen of England, it was good enough for us.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
DestinInnOffice, Manager at Destin Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this nice review. We are glad that the Destin Inn & Suites met your expectations. The hotel staff takes pride in making our guest happy, so we are glad that you enjoyed yourselves. Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you again.

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This was our first trip to Destin. Found this hotel on trip advisor and Expedia. The room was very clean and had just been remodeled. Located close to everything on the main strip. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for choosing Destin Inn & Suites. We appreciate the kind words you shared about our hotel and staff. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed here couple weeks ago and our stay was perfect. I've read different reviews online and i didn't know what to expect. We booked 3 rooms and none of them had any problems. Rooms were clean, no dust, furniture was brand new, nice wood floors, flat screen TV which we enjoyed a lot on a rainy evenings. The front desk manager Kamila was outstanding with helping me out with my late arrival , the over all staff was kind and treated me very well. It was great to have a nice breakfast as well in the mornings. Another good thing is its location is not to far from beach which gives it another plus. I would recommend Destin Inn & Suites to anybody traveling to Destin and will definitely book this hotel for future visits.

Room Tip: Wonderful place! We want to thank all the stuff for the great service!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
DestinInnOffice, General Manager at Destin Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review. We are glad that the Destin Inn & Suites met your expectations. The hotel staff takes pride in making our guest happy, so we are glad that we made you feel like home for a time you were enjoying your vacation. I am personally very glad I were helpful to you. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again next time you in town.
Cantonment, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

my husband and i decided to stay the night in destin so we stop and rented a room 200.00. did some running around got back to the room took off our shoes the floor was so sticky we had to put our shoes back on and eventually threw our towels down so we could walk around.went to get a shower and there was hair and over the shower wall got showers and was going to watch a movie on hbo picked up remote it had crude all over so i had to clean it ok back to the movie turn to hbo the channels not working hmm the only channel that didnt work well i go to call the front desk from the room phone yuck greasy dusty was scared to touch it anyways call the front busy busy busy ok ill call on my cell magic they answer they say hbo is out in office as well and they will call cable co. and call me back never got that call.so my husband decides to go to office to get another room none availabe well how about some extra towels dont have any next morning still no hbo hmm i wonder if they even have it.tried to call today to speak with the manager keep getting hung up on.what a dump!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
First I would like to apologize for any inconvenience we may have coast you. Our cable is working great all the time and provided to us by COX (maybe they had some difficulties on the line at that time and they were trying to solve the problem that's why cable wasn't working properly) but HBO is channel 12 that's why every room has a TV guide in it so you don't have to waste your important time to call our front desk during busy time for some little questions because they may take a while to answer the phone because its allot of people going back and forth thru the lobby and they receiving allot of phone calls in the same time as well. Again I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and the room overall,I hope we will have an opportunity to see you as our guest again and i personally make sure we will provide you with our best.
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We were looking for an affordable hotel to sleep in during a family trip to Destin. The in-laws had a nice condo at Tops'l but there wasn't enough room for everyone, so we opted for somewhere cheap to lay our heads. Destin Inn and Suites fit the bill. We arrived to check-in late on a stormy Saturday night. Even though it was pouring there were several people by the pool making lots of noise. We got an end room on the 2nd floor and made our way inside. The pictures of the rooms on the Internet looked nice, but I've learned that a good photographer could make The Bates Motel look like a Ritz-Carlton. The hotel advertised 'newly renovated' on their website, which seemed to apply to the flat screen TV and new bedspreads. The room was very small and the beds were very squeaky. The sheets had that feeling like they were always wet if you know what I mean. The shower was pretty yucky and the shower curtain was yellow at the waterline. The hotel advertised a free 'hot breakfast' and it was both and consisted of doughy biscuits, sausage gravy, some sort of egg product and some type of sausage patty. There was also one of those fun 'third degree burns' do it yourself waffle pans. Bottom line: if you're looking for somewhere cheap to sleep there are worse places in Destin. I just always had the feeling I was going to see the hotel featured in one of those 'Cops' reality shows one day.

• Stayed July 2013
First I would like to apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. But I can assure you that I am not a best photographer on the planet and all the pictures online have been taking by me with my IPhone 4 at that time. We are newly renovated, everything is brand new in the rooms except the bathrooms but we trying to maintain them as best as we can and we hoping to do some changes to the bathrooms this year. I personally can guarantee you that beds are not squeaky at all and they are really nice and comfy. People always will be around the pool area till 11 pm or outside because its public area and we can closed the pool only when its lightning outside. Hot breakfast is in any star hotel will consider some hot food and we offer sausages and biscuits, scramble or round eggs and sausage gravy plus we have some pastries like muffins and honey buns, we offer two different type of cereal, two types of juice, milk and coffee and our waffle maker provided to us by Carbon's Golden Waffle and our waffle mix provided by them as well and they have been serving United States since 1973 and they the ones who check our waffle machine every 5 weeks to make sure everything is working properly to feed 77 rooms in the hotel. But again I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel for any inconvenience.
-Kamilla
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

First of all I booked online and requested a king size bed , arrived and was told I booked two queens and the front desk was rude and unwilling to correct it even though on my confirmation was a KING bed ! Got to the room and toilet was dirty and covered with pubic hair. Floor is dirty so keep your shoes on ! Not enough parking either, we had to park at the restaurant next door. Good location that's about it. Never again will I stay here.

• Stayed June 2013
At first i would like to apologize for any inconvenience we may have coast you. Whenever you book your reservation online or thru the third party agency's it comes directly to our system and we do not make any changes to it so you may have accidently hit the wrong button when you were picking up the sizes of the beds or you may had a misunderstanding with the agent because like I've said we do not make any changes to the reservations what comes directly to our system.Front desk would have changed your room but we probably didn't have nothing available at that time. I am really sorry about room overall but if it was that that dirty you could of went to front desk and asked different room or refund of the money because I personally wouldn't be able to stay in the room if it would be that dirty. We have a joining parking with the restaurant next door because they are on our property so its no problem at all for our guests to park on the restaurant parking because its only few steps away to any room in the hotel.
But again I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and for future reference I would advise you to call the hotel directly after you made your reservation thru the third party and make sure you got the room you reserved and get the confirmation from the hotel.
-Kamilla
Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We had only planned to stay in Destin for one night as we were travelling around the Panhandle this holiday. So glad to have found Destin Inn, the outside looks like and average motel but once you get into the rooms they are much more upmarket. Kingsize room, beautiful bedding and really comfy mattress, exceptionally large flat screen tv and leather recliner chair and the main point it was spotlessly clean. The bathroom is on the smallside but it serves its purpose and the rest of the room makes up for it. The pool is a good size and very clean, parking right outside your door, although we were on the second floor the stairs were not too bad.
A good location, close to all amenities and the beaches.
One of the best parts of this motel for us was the friendliness of the owner (apologies but I can't remember your name) he helped us when my credit card was refused and graciously allowed me to use his phone to contact the bank and sort the problem out, even when we had to go away and come back to ring the bank later in the afternoon. Not a lot of people go out of their way to be helpful these days but he did and along with help from his son later we managed to get checked in.
Another plus is the good rate for the room and the added bonus is the serve yourself breakfast in the morning. Coffee, tea, juice, make your own waffle (very easy), bacon, eggs, muffins and biscuits plus fruit and a nice area to eat in if you want to.
A lovely place, we would definately choose to stay here if we ever come back to Destin and will recommend you to friends.
Thank you for making our stay in your town a pleasant one.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
DestinInnOffice, Manager at Destin Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review. We are glad that the Destin Inn & Suites met your expectations. The hotel staff takes pride in making our guest happy, so we are glad that we made you feel like home for a time you were enjoying your vacation. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again next time you in town.
- Kamilla

Been to Destin Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!