We stayed at a 6 bedroom home (called "Sun Drenched") in August. The house was very nicely furnished and gave us plenty of room. The key to judging whether or not to stay in a home at the Villages of Crystal Beach depends on 4 things:
1) Each home is owned by a different and independent owner. So if you read a review talking about the issues with the furnishings or cleanliness of a property, recognize that that was an issue specific to that home. The owner of the home we stayed in had very current and high quality furnishings, kept the house in great condition and was very responsive (the AC went out one day and he had someone there fixing it within about 2 hours). The homes are all new, so your chances of finding homes in bad shape are fairly low.
2) The community is not specifically a resort community. It's more like a neighborhood, although many of your "neighbors" are either people renting a home for a week, or people on vacation in their 2nd home. We loved the neighborhood - all the homes are fairly new and very attractive. The landscaping, etc., is well kept.
3) You're within walking distance of the beach - but just barely. I wouldn't imply it's just across the street, but it's close enough you can get there without a car. However, if you have young children, lots of gear or just aren't a big "walker," you might think it's too far. However, the community does offer a very speedy and reliable shuttle service. You just call and they're at your door in minutes. They'll also pick you up at the beach. The service is free (the drivers work for tips). We didn't have any issues with the location of the community, in relation to its distance to the beach. We walked some days and took the shuttle quite a bit.
4) The community's pool and pool area is top-notch. Especially if you want a pool that's good for smaller children. So few Destin area pools have zero entry pools. The pool at the Villages of Crystal Beach is gorgeous AND has a very nice, zero-entry section for kids. Around the pool there are also multiple public areas to BBQ, dine, or host your own little gatherings. There's even a covered bar (not staffed - but nice to use for gatherings of friends and family).
So, overall, if you see a good looking property at the Villages of Crystal Beach, and you're looking for a quiet but convenient "pool community" within a short shuttle ride of the beach, you'll probably love it here
- Also Known As:
- Villages Of Crystal Beach Hotel Destin
- Villages Of Crystal Beach Hotel