“GREAT” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Maravilla

Maravilla
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Destin
Maravilla
You added Maravilla to your Saves list
2606 SCENIC HIGHWAY 98, Destin, FL 32541   |
Ranked #24 of 39 Hotels in Destin
kentucky
“GREAT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I am a little late with review. We went last April. We loved it. I have to say though it was the condo we stayed in.. We stayed in one facing the beach. I dont think i would of stayed in any other one unless it faced the beach. We took our dog for first time. Was scared about pet hair being in condo because my dog does not shed. But the condo was great and in great condition. We never went to pool.. It is pretty small pool but fine. I also have never stayed across street from beach. Was nervous bec i like to be on beach. But it was fine. There was a cross walk out front and cars would stop to let you walk. Great place

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I hope that if you are looking for a place to stay in Maravilla that you will be fortunate enough to book this unit. It is awesome! There are three levels in this house. Each level has it's own kitchen and bedrooms with bathrooms for each bedroom. There is literally a tv in every single room. There is also a game room with a pool table and a tv. The bedrooms have a mixture of king and queen beds. The third level has a room with 5 bunk beds in case you have children. Everything in this unit is updated and in tip top shape. It's very close to the beach (walking distance) and located off the main strip so everything is close. I highly recommend this place if you are looking to stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
NEW MARKET ALABAMA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

September 2012 will mark my 10th time staying in unit #1112. Renting directly with vrbo.com is a great way to go. This unit does not have direct beach view but makes up for it. Have rented condo from "rentalsindestin" Rebecca Henson many times since 2002 and you can't beat this unit. Three bedrooms, full kitchen, nice living room and 2 full baths. Unit is also pet-friendly which is great for myself and my 2 small dogs. Owner is fantastic to rent from, returning guests seem to get the best rates. I can't stay at a cheap motel with 2 beds for what i can get this unit for. Thanks for sharing your beautiful condo with our family. I am 100% sure to rent the same unit in 2013 again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed here for a week (Sat to Sat) at the end of July. It was fantastic! It is easy to find right off the main road, but you wouldn't know that a four lane road was right behind the complex. Grocery stores, shopping, and restaurants are very conveniently located.

We stayed in #4204, a pet-friendly unit. The place was super clean, no animal smell whatsoever. The beds were extremely comfortable, even the bunks for the kids. There are two bathrooms with a commode, sink, and closet. These two bathrooms connect to the shower room, which also holds the washer & dryer. NOTE: The floor in this room gets extremely slippery with steam, water, and sunscreen. I suggest taking a non-slip bath mat. I found out the hard way. I avoided a trip to the emergency room, but I'm still suffering. Having RA doesn't help either. :-(

The kitchen had everything you need for cooking meals for the family. The fridge is huge and the ice maker is such a wonderful addition! I have to thank the owner for this thoughtful amenity. We mostly ate meals we cooked ourselves, and there were many utensils and pots and pans. NOTE: The only drawbacks were the lack of enough bowls for cereal & snacks and no sharp knives.

The starter kits of paper towels, dishwasher tablets, dish liquid, and TP were plenty, but we took extra just in case. Also, there were many towels and washclothes for the family. Just bring your beach towels! Our unit came with beach service, but I noticed an additional beach chair in the master closet.

The sofa was comfy, with that worn in comfort. But, it is almost to the point of being worn out. So it's just on that tricky cusp of comfy and worn out. We did not use the sofa bed. We did, however, love the bunk beds and the king size bed. I enjoyed the king size so much that I would purchase whatever brand it was, but I forgot to look. And this is coming from someone who sleeps on a sleep number bed. Yeah, the bed was that comfy. I don't know if the sheets, blankets, and pillows were of excellent quality or just well washed to reach that fantastic soft stage. They were great! Additional pillows, sheets, blankets available in the master closet.

The location of our condo & its building was so convenient. Very close to the back pool (and the exercise room and tennis courts), which is less crowded than the beach-front pool. NOTE: When arriving and/or leaving, the facility has these awesome double decker dollies/maintenance carts, which helps out A LOT, especially with groceries.

We did experience 1 and 1/2 days of rain, but there was plenty of room to spread out in the condo if you decided to stay in. Free wifi!!! The TV in the living room has many channels courtesy of a cable box. The TV in the master bedroom does not have a cable box, so it has fewer channels. We planned ahead and brought an HDMI cable to watch Netflix on the TV. NOTE: if it rains and you want to hit the outlet malls, GO EARLY OR LATE! This is what everyone else vacationing does during the rain, and it gets to be a madhouse with 30 -40 minutes of wait time just to get IN the parking lot, not including parking.

I took pics of the condo, but it is represented truly and accurately by the supplied pictures.

My only true complaint was the inconsiderate actions of the occupants above us. These people were so loud, they had to be stomping on the floor intentionally because we heard it, the people in 4203 AND 4206 (friends who were traveling with us) heard it from sun up to midnight or later every night. Were they exercising? Were they racing up and down the corridor with the utility carts? Were kids chasing each other? Was a family of elephants vacationing? I don't know. But it was horrible. Even the morning we were leaving, they were stomping at 5:00am! I loved this condo, but perhaps next time, I'll choose a top floor unit.

NOTE: You have to try Jordano's pizza! They deliver to your door. If there's not a menu in your kitchen drawer, look them up online. It is a bit expensive, but delicioso! Well worth the $$!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

The Maravilla is an average condo resort as far as ammenities go. However, the location is really good as it is close to many restaurants and shopping. It is located across the street from the beach but the walk is not too bad depending on which unit you rent. The Maravilla has a nice community feel and it is pet friendly for those that travel with their little dogs. Overall it is a decent place to spend some quality time enjoying the beautiful beaches of Destin, FL.

Room Tip: Building two directly faces the beach.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Panama City Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Was nervous staying across the street from the beach, but traffic always stopped and the walk was not bad. Pool was good, a bit crowded at times. Very nice, quiet family place.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We have stayed at Maravilla the last 2 years for vacation in Destin (May 2010 & July 2011). It was me, my husband & 5 yr old son. We stayed in different condos both times, both in Building 2. Building 2 is the one directly facing the ocean and right by the beachfront pool (there are 4 buildings altogether)....oceanfront was important to me because one of my very favorite things is sitting on my balcony overlooking the ocean every morning, drinking coffee & people watching.....it's so beautiful & relaxing! We rented directly from the owners both times by going onto www.vrbo.com (which is vacation rentals by owner). It is a great family place that is gated, we felt safe & didn't have to worry about our vehicle. The condos were fully furnished, which is a big plus. Maravilla is within walking distance to Pompano Joe's, which we loved eating at. it is also within a couple miles of the Silver Sands Outlet Stores & plenty of other shopping places. It is directly on the ocean, you just have to cross a little 2-lane road to get to the beach.....but this is the same in almost every other condo building besides Maravilla too. I promise it is not a far walk, especially if you stay in Building 2! Each condo also comes with complimentary beach set up, which is an umbrella & 2 chairs, every day. I would recommend you get there as early as possible because they fill up fast, so if you get there later in the day, you may be under an umbrella behind someone else directly on the water during peak summer season. We love Maravilla & will stay there again for our next trip to Destin!

Room Tip: BUILDING 2 IS OCEANFRONT!! All condos have 4 digit #'s, so choose one that starts with 2 if you...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Maravilla? Share your experiences!