“Loved the condos, the location, the amenities, but not the noise.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Maravilla

Maravilla
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Destin
Maravilla
2606 SCENIC HIGHWAY 98, Destin, FL 32541   |
Ranked #26 of 39 hotels in Destin
Kentucky
“Loved the condos, the location, the amenities, but not the noise.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed here for a week (Sat to Sat) at the end of July. It was fantastic! It is easy to find right off the main road, but you wouldn't know that a four lane road was right behind the complex. Grocery stores, shopping, and restaurants are very conveniently located.

We stayed in #4204, a pet-friendly unit. The place was super clean, no animal smell whatsoever. The beds were extremely comfortable, even the bunks for the kids. There are two bathrooms with a commode, sink, and closet. These two bathrooms connect to the shower room, which also holds the washer & dryer. NOTE: The floor in this room gets extremely slippery with steam, water, and sunscreen. I suggest taking a non-slip bath mat. I found out the hard way. I avoided a trip to the emergency room, but I'm still suffering. Having RA doesn't help either. :-(

The kitchen had everything you need for cooking meals for the family. The fridge is huge and the ice maker is such a wonderful addition! I have to thank the owner for this thoughtful amenity. We mostly ate meals we cooked ourselves, and there were many utensils and pots and pans. NOTE: The only drawbacks were the lack of enough bowls for cereal & snacks and no sharp knives.

The starter kits of paper towels, dishwasher tablets, dish liquid, and TP were plenty, but we took extra just in case. Also, there were many towels and washclothes for the family. Just bring your beach towels! Our unit came with beach service, but I noticed an additional beach chair in the master closet.

The sofa was comfy, with that worn in comfort. But, it is almost to the point of being worn out. So it's just on that tricky cusp of comfy and worn out. We did not use the sofa bed. We did, however, love the bunk beds and the king size bed. I enjoyed the king size so much that I would purchase whatever brand it was, but I forgot to look. And this is coming from someone who sleeps on a sleep number bed. Yeah, the bed was that comfy. I don't know if the sheets, blankets, and pillows were of excellent quality or just well washed to reach that fantastic soft stage. They were great! Additional pillows, sheets, blankets available in the master closet.

The location of our condo & its building was so convenient. Very close to the back pool (and the exercise room and tennis courts), which is less crowded than the beach-front pool. NOTE: When arriving and/or leaving, the facility has these awesome double decker dollies/maintenance carts, which helps out A LOT, especially with groceries.

We did experience 1 and 1/2 days of rain, but there was plenty of room to spread out in the condo if you decided to stay in. Free wifi!!! The TV in the living room has many channels courtesy of a cable box. The TV in the master bedroom does not have a cable box, so it has fewer channels. We planned ahead and brought an HDMI cable to watch Netflix on the TV. NOTE: if it rains and you want to hit the outlet malls, GO EARLY OR LATE! This is what everyone else vacationing does during the rain, and it gets to be a madhouse with 30 -40 minutes of wait time just to get IN the parking lot, not including parking.

I took pics of the condo, but it is represented truly and accurately by the supplied pictures.

My only true complaint was the inconsiderate actions of the occupants above us. These people were so loud, they had to be stomping on the floor intentionally because we heard it, the people in 4203 AND 4206 (friends who were traveling with us) heard it from sun up to midnight or later every night. Were they exercising? Were they racing up and down the corridor with the utility carts? Were kids chasing each other? Was a family of elephants vacationing? I don't know. But it was horrible. Even the morning we were leaving, they were stomping at 5:00am! I loved this condo, but perhaps next time, I'll choose a top floor unit.

NOTE: You have to try Jordano's pizza! They deliver to your door. If there's not a menu in your kitchen drawer, look them up online. It is a bit expensive, but delicioso! Well worth the $$!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

The Maravilla is an average condo resort as far as ammenities go. However, the location is really good as it is close to many restaurants and shopping. It is located across the street from the beach but the walk is not too bad depending on which unit you rent. The Maravilla has a nice community feel and it is pet friendly for those that travel with their little dogs. Overall it is a decent place to spend some quality time enjoying the beautiful beaches of Destin, FL.

Room Tip: Building two directly faces the beach.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Donnelsville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Was nervous staying across the street from the beach, but traffic always stopped and the walk was not bad. Pool was good, a bit crowded at times. Very nice, quiet family place.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We have stayed at Maravilla the last 2 years for vacation in Destin (May 2010 & July 2011). It was me, my husband & 5 yr old son. We stayed in different condos both times, both in Building 2. Building 2 is the one directly facing the ocean and right by the beachfront pool (there are 4 buildings altogether)....oceanfront was important to me because one of my very favorite things is sitting on my balcony overlooking the ocean every morning, drinking coffee & people watching.....it's so beautiful & relaxing! We rented directly from the owners both times by going onto www.vrbo.com (which is vacation rentals by owner). It is a great family place that is gated, we felt safe & didn't have to worry about our vehicle. The condos were fully furnished, which is a big plus. Maravilla is within walking distance to Pompano Joe's, which we loved eating at. it is also within a couple miles of the Silver Sands Outlet Stores & plenty of other shopping places. It is directly on the ocean, you just have to cross a little 2-lane road to get to the beach.....but this is the same in almost every other condo building besides Maravilla too. I promise it is not a far walk, especially if you stay in Building 2! Each condo also comes with complimentary beach set up, which is an umbrella & 2 chairs, every day. I would recommend you get there as early as possible because they fill up fast, so if you get there later in the day, you may be under an umbrella behind someone else directly on the water during peak summer season. We love Maravilla & will stay there again for our next trip to Destin!

Room Tip: BUILDING 2 IS OCEANFRONT!! All condos have 4 digit #'s, so choose one that starts with 2 if you...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

This place is great! I loved that it was pet friendly and close to the beach! We stayed in room 3404 and rented at www.beachcondosindestin.com and the owners were wonderful to work with. The room was clean and just what we needed. We also had beach chairs set up for our stay that was included in the price and that was awesome as well! I really enjoyed Destin and Maravilla. Maravilla is close to stores and resturaunts like Pompano Joes. Loved it!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Marietta, Georgia via Boston USA!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

My husband booked Maravilla 4204 at the last minute for a (too short) 3 night stay for my birthday. I think my husband overpaid for the nightly rate. It would have been a bargain if we could have stayed a full week. The cleaning fee was obviously well spent because the place was pristine and spotlessly clean.

The location is fantastic, close to some nice dining and shopping but best of all, just steps away from an absolutely magical stretch of beach, just mesmerizing!

The unit is nicely appointed with comfy furnishings and a full service kitchen. Which was great because we got to take away some of Sarah K's amazing food and have a romantic dinner our first night. There was plenty of towels, paper towels and toilet paper for our stay and there was hand soap in the bathrooms. The high speed internet was a great bonus. We hooked up our laptop to the TV and were able to watch our Netflix movies on the large, flat screen in the late evening. The bed was a brick, so we had some aches and pains and the hot tub was out of commission. Had my husband known that before booking, we'd have gone elsewhere.

The unit is pet friendly but we didn't bring our dog. You wouldn't know there ever was a pet in that unit, it's very clean.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, LA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

I rented this unit with Rene at www.beachcondosindestin.com. They were fantastic easy to deal with and sent accurate information for entering the property and finding the keys to the condo. They were awesome. I chose this resort and condo because it was pet friendly. It did rain the entire weekend but we were able to enjoy the outlet mall, Destin Common shopping area and the wonderful restaurants.

Here is my take:
Check in/check out a breeze
Location-Not on the beach, but directly across the 2 lane highway, condo was walking distance to the beach. Our condo did not have a gulf view but I was aware of that before I booked.
Resort Grounds -Very quite and clean two pools and the hot-tub was awesome

Here is where it goes a little bad for me:
Since my first stay in Destin my family and I have booked condos, getting me to stay in hotels now is a fight. I knew when I saw the key bolt on the door we were in trouble it was old and rusty (I know not a big deal). The condo itself was exactly as the pictures showed, the condo could use a very detailed cleaning and updates done immediately, walls were filthy need painting badly. Air vents are rusty and dusty, shower head in bathroom old, with the area above the shower peeling. The condo has the cottage cheese ceilings which of course I thought could be asbestos, but I am sure that is not the case (at least I hope not). The soap and dishwashing liquid was so old that it was actually separating. I am so glad I brought my own with me. I was really afraid to use certain items because they just looked real old and unsanitary. Sofa dusty, pillows in closet I did not use. The stove had aluminum foil on the burners???? Since it rained we were in the room more than we desired the channels to view on the TV were limited very limited …

Now I understand that what I listed may not matter to most, but I pay good money for condos because I want to be comfortable and enjoy a clean environment. I don’t think I got my money’s worth this time. Will I use Maravilla again? Yes, just not this particular Unit.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Maravilla? Share your experiences!