“Wonderful dining experience” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 256 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Mississippi
“Wonderful dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2009

My husband and I recently had dinner at Fat Clemenza's based on reading other reviews. We were so pleased that we did. We ordered the blackboard specials and the food was excellent. Along with the food, the service we received from our waiter and the personal attention from Dominic will make this a regular stop when we're in Destin. Thank you for a very enjoyable evening....we'll see you in July!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Anniston, AL
“Unbelievable pizza in a strip center”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

My wife and I dined at Fat Clemenza’s in Destin, Florida in May 2009. We made a reservation and were promptly seated when we arrived. The restaurant is in a strip shopping center and appears to be converted office or retail space. The owners have made a noble effort in giving the place charm, but it still has the feel of a State Farm office decorated for an Italian themed party.
The other reviews and our experience suggest that the place is locally owned and family operated. Our waiter was a young man who spoke with an Italian accent. When we ordered, he expressed his displeasure that my wife and I intended to share a pizza and that neither of us cared for an alcoholic beverage. I ordered a garden salad as well.
He did bring us our drinks and the ubiquitous bread and olive oil. The bread appeared to have been made with pizza dough and was delicious.
Our pizza was out in less than 15 minutes. So fast, in fact, that it beat my salad to the table. When I cancelled the salad, our waiter again manifested disapproval.
The pizza was simply delicious. The crust was thin and light. The various ingredients were so well matched that it was difficult to indentify any particular one. This dish is so different from Pizza Hut or Domino’s that it deserves a different name. It was the best pizza that I have ever eaten.
In spite of his editorializing with regard to our order, our waiter was otherwise attentive and courteous. He cheerfully boxed the pizza we did not eat as well as the tiramisu my wife took home. She ate it for breakfast the next day and speculated that it would have been “marvelous” rather than just “good” if she had consumed it when served.
Fat Clemenza’s is a must visit in Destin.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stevens Point
“Magnifico!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2009

We were in Destin for the 1st 2 weeks in April and stopped because our daughter thought it sounded interesting and we were in the mood for pizza. The pizza was excellent . We decided to come back to try the Italian food and they did not disappoint. We visited 3 times in our short stay and will put this on our favorite list. Service, Food were excellent. You do not expect this kind of quality in a restauarnt located in a strip mall. The owner and his staff make you feel like family. Best Italian on the Gulf coast.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charlotte, NC
“Great food good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2009

don't let the fact that its in a strip mall put you off, its excellent.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pensacola, FL
“Best place ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2009

This place is amazing. I took my parents who are from LA and love great food. We were so impressed. The calamari and garlic rolls were delicious and the pizza was divine. The atmosphere was wonderful and the service was top notch. The manager was also very nice and made you feel at home. If you enjoy good Italian food, great service and a superb atmosphere- Fat Clemenza's is the place to go!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere