“Very nice, clean, affordable, and staff wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 39 Hotels in Destin
South Carolina
“Very nice, clean, affordable, and staff wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was on a business trip and the other hotel was twice the money, so decided to look for another. Checked this out on TripAdvisor and everything was so true. The room was spotless, the exterior was also clean, the pool was maintained daily - I was outside because I smoke. I have no complaints. My room smelled clean also. Everyone at the front desk helpful, but Charlie was willing to put up with all my incessant questions. Outlet mall less than a mile down 98, if that is your thing. Great experience, would definitely go back if in Destin area.

Room Tip: No restaurant, but they do have a cupboard, no room service except weekly, but if you need clean tow...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Kissimmee, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I origionally came here with my husbands job. It is so nice here... the people are charming and so willing to share there knowledge with you.. I may not have a pet but I do appreciate they are a pet friendly hotel. This place is comforting and NEVER once worried about my safety.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hollywood, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My wife and I along with some friends booked this Hotel on Hotwire. They never told us it was a Dog Friendly Hotel. And that means EVERY ROOM! If you have allergies this is not the place for you. I love dogs but you need to let people know this up front. The rooms smelled like dog, the furniture was tattered and when we checked in during the evening the clerk had no idea about the area nor could he have cared less. The rooms to be fair were clean despite the smell. I do not smoke, but found it ironic that the Hotel although smelled like dog, would Cigarette smoke make a big difference, really?

• Stayed October 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Didn't know what to expect staying at a Candlewood Suites for the first time, as I usually stay at Marriott properties. This hotel was clean and I could tell the property is well maintained. The bed and pillows were extremely comfy as another reviewer suggested. Staff was very friendly and offered up suggestions of nearby places to eat (Plenty of options to choose from). Couldn't ask for anything more with my stay here. Would definitely stay again next time I am in the Destin area.

• Stayed September 2012
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Couldn't have been happier with my stay. The room was clean and spacious, the facilities were well maintained and the staff was pleasant and accomodating. The hotel is located on Hwy 98...close to shopping at the outlet mall and Destin Commons. Public beaches are a short drive away. Destin tourist attractions are also a short drive down the road. I would recommend to others and will be staying again on future trips.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Booked this place for a couple of nights after reading the reviews on line.
Needed a place that was dog friendly.
My wife started to prep some food when she noticed tiny ants? Crawling around the kitchen counter. I advised the front desk where I was told these are harmless sugar ants. Apparently common in Florida. Nothing was done about it. We sprayed the counter ourselves, but why wasn't this checked for before the room was put into service ? Other than the ants, the hotel was ok.

• Stayed May 2012
Franklin, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and i stayed here for 8 nights recently. He is on oxygen, and has limited mobility. He was able to access all areas of the hotel, and we had a wonderful handicap-accessible studio suite. Our therapy dog had a wonderful time, and we were very close to the door out to the pet walk area. The mattress and pillows were very comfortable, and the recliner was perfect for my husband to sleep in. The staff was very helpful with all our needs, including getting us a room right across the hall for my daughter and her husband on short notice for one night. The staff greeted us by name each time we saw them, which was very nice. We've already made our reservations to stay there again in January!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Candlewood Suites Destin - Miramar Beach? Share your experiences!