“Basic, Comfortable, Clean, Safe, Friendly, Value Priced” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Deltona
Ridgecrest, CA
“Basic, Comfortable, Clean, Safe, Friendly, Value Priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My wife and I, a couple in our late 70's, stayed in Room #108, a king,non-smoking, drive-up room, on Tuesday, 2 October, 2012 prior to our next day tour of the Daytona Speedway, a very worthwhile and interesting tour and an easy drive from the motel.

The motel, a very large complex, is just off the !-4 and fronting a freeway on-ramp and, although older, is a very presentable and well maintained. It houses a 3' to 5' deep small swimming pool; an exercise room; a restaurant, bar / lounge with pool tables; a park like grounds with picnic tables and hammocks, and ample, well-lighted parking for large trucks, RVs, etc. There is also a retaining pond which fills at certain times of the year and which contains fish. Guests at times fish although they are not supposed to and children should be watched as they play on the grounds near the pond as it is not fenced.

We booked through Expedia for a total price of $66.49 after taxes.
Our check-in and departure went smoothly and our Discover card was accepted.

Our room, although fronting the highway, was quiet,fresh,clean and comfortable and free of odors and bugs. The furniture was simple but clean, in good condition, and stain free. The lighting was adequate and all lights and wall plugs worked. The appliances, including a single cup coffee maker ( provided with two each regular & decaf coffee packets) and the TV worked.

The bed linen was clean and stain free and the bed and 4 pillows were comfortable.

The bathroom was cramped, but clean, and water pressure and temperature were satisfactory. The towels were large and soft. Soap and shampoo amenities were provided.

The restaurant and bar open at 5:30pm and morning breakfast, consisting of waffles, cereal, bagels, donuts, juice, coffee, etc. is served at 6:30am. McDonalds & I-Hop are just down the street and around the corner and many major chain restaurants are in Orange City just 2 miles away.

The facility appears to be well managed and upon speaking with various reception desk personnel and kitchen and maintenance personnel they all appeared to enjoy their jobs and take pride in their work. Louise, in charge of the breakfast room,was in good spirits and never missed a beat, even at 6:30am.

We very much enjoyed our stay and will return again if we are in this area.

Our next stop is St. Augustine, FL.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Harry_Hogan, General Manager at Travelodge Deltona, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thanks for the kind comments; I'll be sure to pass them along to the staff, who work very hard to keep our guests as happy as possible!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Savannah, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was shocked to watch the housekeepers clean 2 of our three rooms using the same dirty rags and when I asked them why they do that her response was that is what " Martha makes them". I hope Martha isnt the hotel manager because thats disgusting to say the least. We arnt talking about a dusting rag, Im referring to the rags they use to clean with in the bathrooms. I saw this with my own eyes.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and go to the Hampton Inn just down the street.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
We are very sorry that we did not live up to your expectations on this visit. We will certainly have a discussion with the housekeeping staff about your concerns. Hopefully you'll give us another chance in the future...
U.K
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This motel is an older property but we found it to be clean,the beds were very comfortable.
We had dinner at the grill,the food and service were really good.
Breakfast was the usual cereal,pastries,toast,waffles etc,no trouble getting a table and very clean and well organised.
Checking in and out was efficient...........no complaints whatsoever and the price was great!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to comment. I'll be sure to let the staff know they made on guest very happy.
We hope your travels will include the Deltona Inn again!
Williston, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This hotel is an older property, but it has been well maintained. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the room rate is the best in the area. The hotel is located just off I-4, which makes it very convenient. The check-in/check-out process was a breeze, and the front desk staff was very friendly. The breakfast buffet was OK, although the selection was somewhat limited in comparison to some of the business oriented chain hotels. One request would be some additional available electric outlets in the room, since I travel with a laptop, cell phone, etc. which need recharging each night - I was able to charge everything, but it took some effort.

The room rate can't be beat in this area as far as I can see. There are several big hotel chains within a few miles, but their rates are quite a bit higher in my experience.

In my opinion, the combination of the value, location and condition of the property make this an excellent choice for the money. When I am back in this area again, I will be staying here without a doubt.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HarryH48, Manager at Travelodge Deltona, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thanks for your kind words about the inn and our fine staff!
They work very hard to make our guests feel welcome and I'll be sure to pass your comments along.
Hope to see you again soon...
St Louis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Come on people, lets review things right here! I stayed at the Deltona Inn because of the reviews here. I guess I either didn't read them well enough or we have had a "failure to communicate". This is an OLD property. nothing wrong with old but just be totally aware of what you are getting. I do believe that the friendliness of the overall staff, from the front desk lady, bartender, cleaning staff and breakfast lady, is so overwhelmingly good for this type of hotel, that it sways everyone's reviews. The hotel is an all outside access, if you are on the second floor you will have difficulty getting all your stuff to your room so keep that in mind. The room is musty at first because they do not AC all the rooms all the time. The beds are old, the decor is old, the bath facets look like original 1950s. They do their best to keep it clean but..... mold in our room near the AC unit, the stair wells were nasty. There are people who are weekly or long term residence to this hotel, the pool area looks acceptable and often fill with many children. The "lake" they reference on the web site is really a swampy pond. We did enjoy the ducks that ran around the area and there is quite a bit of a back yard area for the dog (yes this hotel allows dogs). Do watch the fire ants (but as is always the case with Florida) as there is a huge amount of them in the dog walking area. So bottom line, if you have a dog, and you can get this property cheap enough, it might be a steal (if you don't mind old, musty but nice people). However, there is a Hampton across the street that looks good, a Holiday Inn express up one exit that looks excellent (no dogs) and if you are doing anything in DeLand the Clarion (with a dog) is probably your best option. All of my friends staying there reported an excellent experience. Avoid the Howard Johnson in the area at all cost as it looks a bit like a gangland hotel and really unsafe.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor or very near a stairwell. Ask for back side of the hotel for a very quiet area a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Cooperstown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed there in September 2012. The front desk lady was very nice.
I had a room with king size bed and non smoking which is very good to sleep.
I stayed there for two nights peacefully and quietly.
The bathroom was clean.
I parked my car in front of my room which is very comfortable to carry my bags.
Thank you very much for your service.
I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: room on the first floor is easier to carry bags I would recommend the room in the back side.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
HarryH48, General Manager at Travelodge Deltona, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thanks for the kind words about our inn!
The staff works very hard to keep all of our guests happy and it seem to work for you.
I'll be sure to pass along your thoughts, and again thanks for taking the time to drop us a note!
Best regards,
Cape Coral, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

We chose this hotel because it was close to Sanford Airport. Upon first arrival I was told that the King size room we had reserved wasn't available because a week ago their generator blew and took out half the hotel. This hadn't been fixed nor was I notified of this ahead of time, all that was left was a double room. After much back and forth we wound up getting a handicapped king size room which was just fine. The staff was friendly, the bed comfortable and the room clean, really all I ask for for a 1 night stay. The pool area looked well kept but the rest of the grounds were in bad shape. The hotel is older as it is but they are obviously not running their sprinkler system because the grass looked non existent, weeds were everywhere and there was not a lick of landscaping anywhere. Again, the place was ok but I probably won't stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room to the back of the hotel, a lot less street noise.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Travelodge Deltona? Share your experiences!