“Worth the Wait” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
South Florida, Florida
“Worth the Wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

We tried to eat here a few months ago during "season" and didn't want to wait. So, we gave it another try recently and it would still be worth the wait. The bar only seats 8, too small and there are only 2 chairs to sit and wait inside; you have to wait outside - which could be too hot and humid during the summer. They open at 5pm and we got there at 6 - it was packed and we had to wait a bit (maybe 20 minutes), but we're glad we did. The restaurant isn't very big and of course, somewhat loud. The decor is that of an Italian village courtyard, surrounded by exterior building facades - very nice. It took a bit for the waiter to come over, somewhat disappointing but in the end the portions were generous and the entrees were excellent. If you don't see what you want on the menu, ask, as there are standard dishes you'd expect to see in an Italian restaurant - they just don't list them. There is a wait for this place, regardless the time you get there - which speaks volumes; but it's worth it!

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Delray Beach, Florida
“Amazing Quality & Value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

This was our second visit and it was just as delicious as the first time. The small waiting area leaves something to be desired but the crowded area speaks volumes of the restaurant's quality of food...people will wait because it is worth it! And the price is just unbelievable for the quality. My husband and I always have leftover lunch the next day! The quaint atmosphere lends itself to the quality service and food that is prepared with great attention. This is a must-try in a city where so many overpriced restaurants dominate the scene. Cucina Mio's is true gem.

• Visited February 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boca Raton, Florida
“Amazing Value in Boca/Delray”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

My wife and I are regulars...can't be this quality food for the price you are paying...service is also exquisite...winner!

• Visited March 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boca Raton, Florida
“Amazing Food, Large Portions & Friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

I was brought here by friends who are "regulars" at Cucina Mio. It used to be Cucina Rosano but now it is run by just the wife. I didnt want to go because of a past experience with the husband who is not very nice. But, I read a review in the Sun sentinel where the reviewer called it the"Cheers of Delray" The review was so nice that I decided to let my friends "drag me there" Everyone was greeted warmly by the manager who was walking around constantly checking on tables and chatting with guests. There was a wait when we arrived even though my friends did call ahead. The bartender was jovial and you could tell all the diners at the bar were regulars too (The cheers of Delray - I see why) He was warm and his drinks were generous. When i joked with him about this he smiled and said, I do because the owner allows me too. Good for her! Too many times you go someplace and they pour with a measure. When I have a drink, I would like a drink. Now let's talk about THE FOOD!! Best Italian Food in the area, hands down. We started with a Nuts about you salas with raisins and gorgonzola and different nuts. The vinaigrette dressing was amazing. The Veal Chop was so tender I could cut it with a knife. We also had the pasta with the mushrooms in a cream sauce which was so good it was sinful. Our server Jordan was a nice as can be. It was a great experience. I will be back and I will recommend it!

Visited December 2010