“outstanding through and through.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Delray Beach
Red Bank, New Jersey, United States
“outstanding through and through.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We checked in friday, 12-December with a single night stay as we attended to business. A oceanfront view was given to us.. the view was like from a postcard!

I confess, personal business required us to return to the hotel from Delray early in the evening..

There was a company function on the front balcony-complete with DJ. We had been promised the music would stop by 9pm. True to their word, by 9:01pm, there was silence.

Breakfast the next morning was superb. The waitstaff was friendly and attentive.

This is a review by a guy was cranky from lack of sleep.. there is positively nothing I am able to criticize. Keep up the great work!

Room Tip: Delray beach is a party town. Go there expecting to interact with friendly crowds. Do not stay in...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Mathias W, Manager at Delray Beach Marriott, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Hi Ken A,

It sounds like you had a great time while you were here visiting Delray Beach! Thank you for the great review. It was truly rewarding reading that you were happy and content with the music ending right on time. We are a very busy property, always hosting some sort of event. I'm glad that you had such a nice stay and were able to get a good nights rest. Please come back to stay with us again!

Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Findlay, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

As a frequent business traveler both in the US and abroad, I appreciate when service is above and beyond expectations. Over the years I have stayed at the Delray Beach Marriott numerous times hosting customer events and attending our corporate sales meetings as well as pleasure trips. Over the past 16 years I have been truly impressed with the consistency of excellence and the customer focused culture across the organization. Several people that stand out include Jim Graham, Patricia Ozburn, Rob and Joseph.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Hi MaryAnn8383,

Thank you for such a kind hearted review. Sixteen years... you're practically family! We hope that you will continue to come to Delray Beach and stay here with us at The Marriott Delray Beach. I will be sure to pass on the praises of the people that were able to assist you on your visit. Hope to see you soon!

Cape Coral, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was a very pleasant experience in a very beautiful beach in a crate downtown walking area right near the hotel the service was excellent and then the breakfast was also very well planned. Hotel if you like small boutique style

• Stayed December 2014
Hi Chris W,

Thank you for the review. We are very happy to hear that you had such a nice visit. Please come back to have many more breakfasts with us.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I used to come here a lot- 3-4 times a year, for 10+ years- Its a shame cause it really has the best location- And for sure they really have stopped trying hard - Side: note: we are really easy guests to accommodate- just need some professional staff, clean towels , clean environment, the basics -

On our last visit in May 2014- we checked out and went to another hotel- Main reason was the staff- front desk / Pool attendants - Rude and obnoxious- They seemed more concerned with towel cards then the comfort of me and my wife- I never felt welcomed or appreciated as a guest- I mentioned it to the manager on staff- I got this strange look- they way my dog looks at me when he has to go out side-

The outside dining area was filthy - many people not staying at the hotel were able to come into the pool area??? yep- I really like Delray- but this hotel is off the list for now

Sad

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Mathias W, Front Office Manager at Delray Beach Marriott, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear SteadyNYC,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. You are absolutely right, you just can't beat our location. Right across the street from the ocean and all the shops and restaurants of Atlantic Avenue just a short stroll from the hotel.

I'm shocked to hear about your experience at the hotel. We always strive to exceed our guests expectations and our service scores have continued to rise throughout the year and are now the highest they have ever been. We do allow visitors to come to the Cascades pool par, however we do enforce a very strict hotel guests only policy at the pool. That's why we came up with the towel card system. While I understand that it can be frustrating, it has been implemented to ensure that only hotel guests will be able to enjoy our pool. During very busy times we also have security watching over the pool.

I sincerely hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel so we can give you a better impression of our hotel.

Best Regards
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We love escaping from winter for a week of ten days every year. This hotel is perfect for us. It is across the street from a gorgeous beach, has its own beautiful pool, fitness center and spa and is within walking distance of the vibrant restaurants and shops on Atlantic Avenue. Although not inexpensive, after a few days here we leave refreshed and devitalized .... and return again and again.

• Stayed January 2014
Mathias W, Manager at Delray Beach Marriott, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hi 768Roslyn,

You could not have described our amenities and location any better! Thank you for such a nice review. We are very happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay. Please come back very soon to stay with us again.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was my first time staying in del rey beach and my boyfriend booked a room at the Marriott. I was in awe. The hotel and the staff were amazing. I couldn't wait for us to start our few days of bliss.

Our first night there, i woke up with what looked like a bug bite. Didn't think much of it since it's warmer here and bugs thrive in this kind of weather. The next morning, I woke up with even more bites. My boyfriend removed the bedding and found what looked like sand. I shrugged it off and we went on to breakfast in town. My bites were continuing to bother me when I asked one of the locals if there were mosquitoes around and i showed her my bites. She said maybe they were "noseeums". What? Anyway....

We arrived back at the hotel and my boyfriend went to the room only to find that our room had been taken over by hotel staff. they had found "something" and we were banished from our room for the next few hours. When we asked what had they found, they were unable to tell us and told us they were going to treat the room.

My boyfriend grew more and more agitated as the day progressed because information came slowly if at all. When he asked for a status, a staff member replied "we didn't have to tell you we found something". Yes, I do believe you do.

They took our clothing and treated the room. What kind of treatment, at the time we didn't know.We had to go to the local target to buy clothing and undergarments since everything was removed. Still, we had no idea what the critters were. We were told we would receive our clothing before our check out of noon the following day.

My body reacted so poorly to all this. Welts everywhere, our sweet little vacation, had turned into a nightmare.

We were able to gain access into our previous room and it was a hot box. At the moment, I knew, they were treating the room for bedbugs. As soon as we received our items back, we immediately checked out. We had to repack our "treated" bags and clothing in one of the conference rooms. I was humiliated.

I was so paranoid about every little piece of clothing, bag, jacket that didn't make it into the room (because when they treated the room, they didn't tell us they were treating for bedbugs)- we stopped off 95 and found the nearest laundry. We threw all our items in a dryer and let it roll for an hour.

We finally received a call from hotel staff that in fact, it was bedbugs.

I would have been fine with all this if they were upfront about the ordeal instead of not being completely transparent. If they had told us that they were treating the room for bed bugs, I would have put every stitch of our things in that room and lived the rest of our time there in a robe!

They covered 2 nights and $58 dollars (for a dress that i needed so I can leave the hotel to buy more clothes). The reality is they should've covered out entire stay and then some. I still have to travel back home and re-treat our things. The idea of bringing this hell into our apartment is too much to think about. Hopefully, the itchiness and the welts will subside before the holidays.

Would I return to Delrey Beach. Yes.
Would I return to this Marriott, or any Marriott for that matter.... I don't think so.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Girls weekend away. Perfect location. Really one of the nicer Marriott's I've been too. The pool staff were friendly and helpful. Concierge was great and the food and rinks were fabulous. Would definitely go back!

Room Tip: Breakfast buffet well worth it. Fitness facilities were good too.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Hi CT_Traveler1515,

Thank you for the review! It sounds like you had a nice girl’s weekend. I will be sure to let the concierge know that they were able to accommodate you all. We hope that you and your girlfriends will come back very soon to have another fun weekend with us.

Thank you!

Been to Delray Beach Marriott? Share your experiences!