“Business” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Delray Beach
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I haven't been to this hotel in years. I love the new rooms, the decor, the privacy.
If your lucky to get a view of the Beach, makes it all worth while.The private pool area is quiet.Great location, just across from the beach and close to tons of great restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Mathias W, Front Office Manager at Delray Beach Marriott, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear LilianaM0412,

We are constantly working on updating and refreshing the rooms. The latest update was the installation of Keurig Coffee machines and refrigerators in all guest rooms and a new floor in our fitness center. We are already planning more updates to ensure we will always stay ahead of our guest expectations.

I really do believe the rooms with a view are worth the higher rate, you can't beat the amazing scenery of beach and ocean! Thank you so much for providing us with your feedback! We hope to welcome you back soon!

Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Newton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

My boyfriend and I visited the hotel the first week of June (2014) and couldn't have asked for a better location, hotel staff and amenities (great gym!). The hotel is located across the street from a public beach and provides towels and chairs to walk over and use on the beach if you want. Before arriving we had planned on utilizing the beach front location, however, the pool area and waitstaff was so amazing that we spent every day at the pool instead. The daily room clean was always quick and incredibly efficient, and the hotel restaurants and bar(s) were great. They actually have the BEST grilled chicken caesar salad that I have tried in my 28 years on this planet (when I told the waitress she informed me they made their dressing in house which again, was awesome).

The hotel is a bit pricey, we were fortunate enough to utilize a friends and family rate. I would say it is worth every penny if you stay at the full rate. Our flight was later in the afternoon on our check-out day, and the hotel allows guests to check out and still use the pool area and spa showers. They held our bags for us while we were able to get a couple of more hours of sun and thankfully shower before heading to the airport.

Downtown Delray has a TON of restaurants and bars to choose from, we stayed Wednesday-Sunday and every night there was something going on. We took a cab from the airport (West Palm Beach) to the hotel, as well as once during our trip to play a round of golf. We debated renting a car but if you are comfortable to walk a mile into downtown and back, you definitely do not need to rent a car.

My only reason for not giving this hotel a five star rating is the noise between rooms. Although it wasn't too terrible, our room was located right off of the elevator and we did see a pretty intoxicated couple being escorted out by security at one point. Lastly, some of the pool area waitresses were new and could have been a little more attentive (all the bartenders were fabulous). The four stars is a reflection of my personal experience but not the hotel accommodations so don't let that deter you. Enjoy!

PS. I saw another reviewer talk about "Chef Joe" the omelet guy - best omelet EVER.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Amelia C,

Thank you so much for your detailed review! Our chef is constantly working on our menu and recipes to come up with the perfect seasoning for every dish in every outlet.

We are also very fortunate with our prime location across the street from the beach and all the shops and restaurants of Atlantic Avenues on your fingertips. Combined with our discounted off season rates it makes us the perfect spot for your summer get away!

Thank you also for your kind words regarding our staff. I will make sure to pass on your praise to everybody - I know it means a lot to the team!

Pompano Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Just enjoyed a Staycation and spent the weekend at the Delray Beach Marriott. Great location, beautiful hotel, directly across street to beach. Close to great restaurants, shops. Hotel is on the pricey side and with that they even charge you to keep your car. Check in was fast and friendly. Tips: if you are Florida resident, ask for discounts, request higher rooms with beachside view.

Stayed July 2014
Mathias W, Manager at Delray Beach Marriott, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear dkexperience27,

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us in Delray Beach. We are very fortunate to have a wonderful location right across the street from the beach and on Atlantic avenue.

In regards to our rates, we do offer Florida resident discounts which allow more locals to enjoy mini "staycations." We look forward to hosting you and your family again in the near future.

Best regards,

Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

From making the reservation on the phone, to the valet and bellman greeting me as I drove up to the curb, to the front desk personnel having everything ready on my arrival, to the wait staff at breakfast the next morning...everything was perfect. There for a family wedding, we still had time for beach and pool visits, with delightful poolside service of delicious lunches and beverages. The concierge made excellent suggestions for other evening meals at local restaurants and those that weren't within walking distance, the hotel called for the cute little Periwinkle open-air cabs that were FREE (tips only) to take us there. The wedding itself in the Atrium was spectacular and the reception in the ballroom was fabulous, with friendly, efficient staff, delicious food and presentation, and was absolutely flawless! Every single aspect of my 4 days and 4 nights was wonderful, and not one member of this well-trained hotel staff was anything short of perfect in their job. I even had a momentary crisis when my laptop power cord died, but the concierge gave clear directions to the closest Apple Store in the nearby Town Center Mall. I was there and back in less than 45 minutes...crisis averted. If you're vacationing anywhere near Delray Beach, I would give this marvelous resort a perfect 10!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room, if possible...the view above the pool and out to the ocean is awesome!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Mathias W, Manager at Delray Beach Marriott, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Dear Kathi P,

We always love hearing about the wonderful experiences our guests have during their stay with us. Our staff is committed to providing excellent guest service and exceeding your expectations.

Thank you so much for all your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back should your future travel plans bring you to the area.

Regards,

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We went there to relax for a couple of days. It was amazing. Chef Joe prepared a delicious omelet for me and the server Ann was very nice and helpful. But the night time front desk agent and the one who assist you at the pool, not so much

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Amparejo,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay at the Delray Beach Marriott. I am very happy to hear about your wonderful experience at Seacrest Grill for breakfast. Our staff is dedicated to being your gracious host.

I sincerely apologize about any frustrations you encountered at the front desk and at the pool. I will follow up with our front office manager in regards to your short comings.

We hope to see you back in the near future!!

Regards,

Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

My 19 year old daughter and I went to Del Ray for Mothers Day. We had a great experience at the Marriott. Our room was wonderful with a balcony facing the beach. The staff was great and the morning breakfast buffet was excellant! Our best experience was the Spa. We spent 5 hours with a wonderful hair guru named Michael. We both came away relaxed and looking great. We will be back!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Mathias W, Front Office Manager at Delray Beach Marriott, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Bongo P,

It's always great to welcome our guest to celebrate holidays with us. Thank you for choosing the Delray Beach Marriott for your Mothers Day. I'm very happy to hear that you had such a wonderful time and that you enjoyed the room and our amenities.

I appreciate your kind comments about our staff! Michael is relatively new to the team but we could not imagine the Spa without him anymore. Everybody is raving about his talent and it is such a pleasure to work with him. I will make sure to pass on your thanks to him.

We hope to welcome you back for many more holidays to come!

Tampa, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stayed here with my 3 teenage kids for one night while visiting colleges in the area. Hotel is older but charming with a Tuscan feel. It does not feel like a large overwhelming hotel, which is nice. The pool area was very pretty and not too crowded (but it was mid-week). They are very strict with the towels which is a pain, however they give you a really nice towel that fits around the chair and a towel and they are really nice, clean fluffy towels.

The beach is a public beach across the street with lifeguards.

The hotel is on Atlantic Ave which is a real nice street with upscale shops and restaurants.

Only complaint is that the staff was not overly friendly. We are Platinum Premier members and they did not make us feel special, nor did they tell me about the concierge lounge in great detail. Also, the bathroom is very small which is a pet peeve of mine. Probably because it's an older hotel.

Room had a mini fridge and Keurig machine which is a real nice plus, and the balcony was pretty with nice wicker chairs. We had a view of the ocean.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear familyoffiveTampa_FL,

We really appreciate your feedback! Thank you so much for your kind comments about the hotel and its location! We just completed updating our rooms with the Keurig coffee machines and we are nearly done installing the mini fridges.

I'm so sorry our team did not life up to your expectations. We do strive to give exceptional service to all our guest and I hope we will be able to give you a better impression at your next visit!

Best Regards

Been to Delray Beach Marriott? Share your experiences!