“Very nice hotel, will stay here again” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Delray Beach
Romeoville, Illinois
“Very nice hotel, will stay here again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I stayed here for three days this past week on business. The Hotel is very nice and maintained. The room was clean and the maid service was good. Great location. The breakfast buffet was one of the best I have experienced. The room price was high, but apparently that is due to the fact it was Spring Break.

I'll be making more trips to the area again for business very soon, so I'll be looking to stay here again.

Room Tip: A room with any kind of view of the ocean is best especially for the sunrise.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Mathias W, Front Office Manager at Delray Beach Marriott, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear CaptMorgan2010,

Thank you so much for the great review. I'm happy to hear that you had such a wonderful time with us. Please feel free to reach out to me directly for your next visit, I would like to personaly assist you with your reservation.

Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Went down to our condo in Delray and walked in on a flood in our unit. Had to find a place to stay right away while they dried out the condo. The staff at the Marriott was just wonderful! Got us a great room with an ocean view. The Spa was one of the best ever. Beautiful atmosphere, and the people working there couldn't be nicer.
We'd go back for sure and recommend it to all.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ronald S.,

It was a true pleasure to meet & host you here at the Delray Beach Marriott. Thank you for your kind words about the hotel and our team! I hope we get the chance to host you soon again!

Your Marriott Family
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Thank you very much for a WONDERFUL stay in our favorite beach town. Rooms were spacious and clean. Great view of the ocean. LOCATION was AMAZING right on A1A. Bring your bike and ride along the most pristine rodes with impecable views and yes; BIKE LANES!!! Near all the great restaurants and right accross the beach :) Staff went out of their way to make this the most enjoyable stay. Will be back for sure!!!

Room Tip: Get the Ocean view suite. Totaly woth it
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear MJ K,

The Delray Beach Marriott Team would like to thank you for the great review. We make a point in sharing all guest feedback with our team. It really means a lot to them that you take the time to comment on the great experience you had! What a great tip with the bikes, you can literally drive for hours along the beach and enjoy the sights! We hope to welcome you back soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Great location, great staff, great breakfast. But rooms need up dating and maid service not consistent every day something was not done did complain and got a free breakfast. Have stayed here a couple of years ago was
better then. They need to address the housekeeping. But don't be put off great hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Mathias W, Front Office Manager at Delray Beach Marriott, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear AlexjoshLovely,

I would like to thank you to provide us with your feedback. Our great location, the amenities but especially our genuinely caring staff make the Delray Beach Marriott such a popular vacation destination. I apologize for the inconsistent maid service you experienced. I will certainly bring it to my executive housekeepers attention.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you plan to return to the area. I would like to personally assist you with all your needs and ensure that your next visit will be flawless.

Best regards
Short hills, nj
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

The hotel is very well located directly across the street from the beach. For a fee, one can rent chairs and umbrellas at the beach for the day, making it convenient and easy to move between the beach and pool area. The food at the poolside restaurant is mediocre at best but the atmosphere is lovely. Despite these positives, they are outweighed in my view by the very very poor service my family received here. We booked a suite with two double beds expecting that one of my teenage sons would sleep on the pullout sofa and one on the second double bed. Instead of the room I booked, we received a room with one king bed. We spent three to four hours of our short vacation speaking with staff member after staff member and manager after manager about this problem. We were advised no rooms were available to move us to and my children ended up sleeping on rollaway beds in a conference room. The next night, when our preferred room was available, we were moved. We received no upgrade, no complimentary services for the aggravation and barely an apology.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Mathias W, Front Office Manager at Delray Beach Marriott, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Gail K,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We appreciate you commenting so positive about our location and the hotel atmosphere. I would like to apologize for the challenges you experienced in receiving the correct room type. I can completely understand your frustration, and I'm sorry that nobody followed up with you.
Please reach out to me directly should you plan to return to the area, I would like to personaly assist you with your reservation. I will also ensure that any future stay will be flawless.

Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Just returned from 5 days at the Delray Marriott and had a wonderful experience. Hotel was clean, service was pleasant, pool area was beautiful. Special recognition to the Concierge on duty in the evening. I left my I Pad at the airport and he was able to arrange for a taxi to pick it up at the airport and deliver to the hotel. He went above and beyond! Plan to return again soon.

Room Tip: Rooms in the South tower had a great ocean view!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear peggy b,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourself so much. Thank you also for providing me with your feedback regarding the great service provided by our concierge. We will certainly honor him!

Ship Bottom, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Excellent staff, nice pool, good breakfasts. Great location to the beach and downtown Delray Beach. First visit. Rooms good, on the small side. Small but adequate gym area. Nice seating around pool. [Needs to be cleaned around the tile]. Nice seating area in Foyer.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear MarkO95,

Great to hear that you had such a wonderful time with us. Thank you for the praise of our team and property! Thank you also for the feedback regarding the tile on the pool, I spoke with my engineering team to address the issue right away. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Been to Delray Beach Marriott? Share your experiences!