“Don't' arrive late!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Delray Beach
Santa Rosa, California
“Don't' arrive late!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My wife and I arrived late on New Years Eve and after the desk clerk disappeared for a good ten minutes were told we were getting an upgrade. The next morning we opened the drapes to massive construction and a crane almost touching our balcony.we made the best of it until January 2nd when work and noise began at 8:00am. Upon arriving we put our passports in the safe along with some other valuables. On the morning of the 3rd I emptied the safe but apparently left the passports in the safe. I put them in I never took them out. We headed to Miami to catch a cruise later that day. I asked my wife about a half hour after we left the hotel if she had the passports and she did not. We called the Marriott immediately and they sent housekeeping to check the safe. In my opinion they should have sent security. We returned to the hotel to check for ourselves, the housekeeper was very hostile even though we NEVER accused her of taking them. I can only say they never walked out of the room on their own. After 30 years of Marriotts I do not feel that security at this hotel is sufficient or indeed adequate. Regarding construction, please inform me what I can expect in the future, not give me the pretence of an upgrade to quell my displeasure. The final bill was credited by about $60 and a free breakfast. Kudos to Marriott.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
marlboro,nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Requested early check-in and got it...nice view. Dead bug front and center on lampshade upon arrival and departure days later.

TV had "issues" and asked to be switched AFTER 6:00pm
Man came at 4:00 and 5:00 pm to "fix" it (waking me BOTH times) and asked him to return AFTER 6:00 as I had originally asked Molly at the desk. Returned at 9:30 and nobody had been back . I called the desk and the man came and tightened the wires. Again at10:00 PM - same problem and call manager. He sent up another TV after listening to this mis-communication?

We booked this directly through the hotel - room with balcony- $330.00 per night....full price the construction really was not an issue.... we really were disappointed with what happened this time - but perhaps things will improve with housekeeping and communication. When you go away to the beach - you need to stay at the hotel ON THE BEACH.....

Room Tip: we were in 516.....smaller "Juliette" terrace. No bathtub. Very small room BUT I specifi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Delray beach Mariott is the best hotel on the avenue. Its decor and location are perfect, but what makes this hotel outstanding is the service oriented staff. My requests such as specific room location, late check in, refrigerators, luggage hold,and cot requests at 1:00 am. have always been acted upon. Hotels can be beautifully decorated with tons of amenities, but if the staff isnt accomodating, the hotel isnt appealing. The front desk staff is professional and very friendly. I have spent 70 nights last year at this hotel for a reason. I have enjoyed dinner, drinks at the bar,breakfast at the buffet, concierge lounge amenities and of course, music and dancing in the lobby bar. I have always felt safe at this hotel when traveling solo. I have stayed at the rest of the hotels on the avenue, but always regret it. They cant hold a candle to the Marriott Delray!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Shaun V, Manager at Delray Beach Marriott, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback regarding your stay at the Delray Beach Marriott. I have shared your comments with the team and congratulated them for a job well done. I realize that you have many options for travel accommodations when visiting the Delray Beach area and appreciate you choosing Marriott for your lodging needs.

West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

My 2 daughters(ages 25 and 27) from up north were joining us for Christmas in Florida and I knew they wanted to go to the beach while they were here. We live on a golf course and going to the beach from the house takes about 25 minutes. I thought it would be nice to be somewhere directly across the street from the beach on Christmas day and we also wanted to have a nice Christmas brunch. I called the Delray Beach Marriott and made reservations 3 weeks in advance for the brunch and also booked one room with 2 double beds for Christmas. The hotels lobby was beautifully decorated for the holidays. The brunch was very nice but the best part was the accomodations. When we checked in they said they were very busy and although we had requested a room with 2 double beds it wasn't available and they tried to give us a room with one king size bed. We told them that there were 4 adults and that would be unsuitable. The manager was very nice and upgraded us to a beautiful 2 bedroom suite with an ocean view. Also our room was on the concierge floor so we were able to have complimentary snacks, beverages and a wonderful breakfast the next morning. Merry Christmas to us! We had a wonderful time there and the service and staff were great. The location is ideal as well. Not only is it across the street from the beach but also within walking distance to Delray's many shops and restaurants. We love Marriott and as we are reward members we always try to stay at Marriotts whenever we can.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback regarding your stay at the Delray Beach Marriott. I am happy to read that we were able to upgrade you to a room that met the needs of your family. I realize that you have many options for travel accommodations when visiting the Delray Beach area and appreciate you choosing Marriott for your lodging needs.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Lovely hotel great front desk staff. Excellent location. Construction is a bit of a nuisance but should look great when finished. Patricia who works as concierge should get a new job. You say thank you and get a uhuh in response. She doesn't deign to speak with you unless you're wearing your diamonds. Very disappointing. Tried again and got the same uhuh response. I didn't know uhuh was an accepted response to thank you. Live and learn. The other concierge Vincent was so nice and helpful that the contrast was overwhelming. Patricia don't work with people you come across as a diva with attitude. Even to my eleven year old who was appalled with your lack of manners.

Room Tip: Keep away from construction side
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback regarding your stay at the Delray Beach Marriott. I appreciate your candid feedback and apologize for the isolated experience you had with one of our staff members. I have shared your comments with both Patricia and Vincent. I realize that you have many options for travel accommodations when visiting the Delray Beach area and appreciate you choosing Marriott for your lodging needs.

Cleveland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

This hotel is a very nice old structure. We were upgraded to a suite with an obstructed view of the ocean. The swimming pool was pleasant although crowded. The beach is right across the street and there are many restaurants nearby. Service was repeatedly disappointing and slow with the exception of the concierge lounge staff.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback regarding your stay at the Delray Beach Marriott. I am embarrassed to learn of the 'disappointing service' you experienced. I have shared your comments with the management team asking them to schedule a training energizer with their teams to ensure future guests do not experience the shortcomings that you were faced with. I realize that you have many options for travel accommodations when visiting the Delray Beach area and appreciate you choosing Marriott for your lodging needs.

Charlotte, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Second stay at the Delray Beach Marriott during the week leading up to Christmas. The hotel was crowded but not sold-out but I found the customer service to be lacking. The room has a musty odor and after turning down our comforter the first night, we had to call housekeeping for new linens. The location is great, the food is standard Marriott fare, but not sure that this is worth the $215+ a night for what you are getting.

Room Tip: Make sure you do not get a ground floor room in the main wing.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback regarding your stay at the Delray Beach Marriott. I have shared your comments with my housekeeping staff and ask that you contact me directly to discuss your experience. I would appreciate the opportunity to ensure that we take the steps necessary to provide an enjoyable experience at every opportunity. I realize that you have many options for travel accommodations when visiting the Delray Beach area and appreciate you choosing Marriott for your lodging needs.

Direct: 561.274.3234

Been to Delray Beach Marriott? Share your experiences!