“Great value, close to the beach, full kitchen” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #13 of 22 hotels in Delray Beach
Milwaukee
“Great value, close to the beach, full kitchen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Residence Inn in September for a wedding we attended. Not knowing the area we were not sure what to expect with this hotel. We were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Here are a few things we loved. The location is GREAT. It is only a 5 minute walk to the beach. The hotel provides towels you can take with you to the beach. The pool was wonderful as well- never too full maybe because everyone goes to the beach? We found the full kitchen in the room to be a plus. It allowed us to go to the grocery store (convenient 5 minute drive) and get lunch materials and make our stay a bit cheaper. The continental breakfasts were great! You can tell they care about what they serve- waffles, pancakes one day, biscuits and gravy another day, different types of potatoes, and then the standard options of cereal, muffins, yogurt, coffee, etc. Another bonus if you stay during the week days... they have a reception each day with a different theme. The day that we were there it was a BBQ theme- so they had burgers and hot dogs and chips, sodas, etc. Not a fancy meal by any means, but a great snack and really nice to have that as an option.

Only complaints- there were tiny bugs in one area of our room. (Like fruit fly size, but not flying) Guessing they came in the balcony door or maybe from humidity? Not sure. Not the first time I have seen these in a hotel in Florida. Other complaint, more of a comment... the walls are pretty thin. We could hear the neighbor cough, and it sounded like she was sleeping in the same room as us. But, it is a hotel so you're going to get that sometimes.

Overall we were very happy with this choice for the hotel. Staff was GREAT- very helpful and kind. Would definitely go back to this hotel for the value, location, and convenience.

Room Tip: Ask for a water view. It's nice to be able to see the ocean, even though it's a couple bloc...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

213 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I originally booked the Marriott Delray Beach which happens to be not even a block away from the Marriott Residence Inn. I paid more for the room and to my surprise I woke up the next day with a bang and noise. There is construction going on on the hotel and no one told me about it. I called the front desk, they apologize and said they will understand if I wanted to check out of the hotel. Of course I did, so we went to the Marriott Residence Inn. The room was large and it had a kitchen which worked out better than the other that cost more. The parking was free and you got free breakfast buffet every day. The Marriott Delray Beach you had to pay $15/day and no breakfast! It was centrally located, 1 block from the beach so no big deal. It was the perfect spot. I will stay there again. It does not pay to stay at the Marriott Delray Beach. There is no restaurant at this hotel. Just breakfast provided. However, they have every Thursday an event for the guests, and this past week was hamburgers and hot dogs for free. I went out to eat that day. They also baked cookies which I got at the front desk.

Room Tip: Unless you want to see the ocean I think they are all good. If you want more privacy ask for the ro...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I cannot say enough wonderful things about the Residence Inn Delray Beach. It is perfect for traveling with children. The kitchen was clean and had a full refrigerator, stovetop, microwave and dishwasher. The one bedroom had a great sitting area and separate bedroom with a king bed and room for a pack and play. The location is ideal for shopping, eating and heading to the beach. The pool there was like a little oasis. We have stayed in other hotels in the area that were more expensive and yet offered less amenities. Overall the perfect hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Delray Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed here for one night this past weekend to celebrate my younger sister's Sweet 16 and had a fabulous time! We stayed in their 2 bedroom suite which was more than accomodating in size and amenities. My husband and I were the chaperones and stayed in the king bedroom off of the living area and it was perfect as we were close enough to keep a watchful ear on the girls but yet it was private as well. Everything was immaculately clean which is a HUGE plus for me as I am a neat freak. We had a good sized balcony in our room with a beautiful view of the pool area and Atlantic Ave. The second bedroom didnt have a door but was still seperate from the living area and had 2 double beds and a huge bathroom with a beautiful glass shower. The kitchen was perfect with stainless steel appliances and fully stocked with pots, pans and everything needed for a longer stay. The ice maker couldn't keep up with the teens use but the front desk promptly gave us a large bag of ice from the kitchen without an issue at all. The living area was spacious enough to accomodate 17 teenagers comfortably while they danced and played Just Dance on the Wii. Also had free Wifi which of course is a must for teenagers these days lol It had a sofa bed which we did not use but would have been useful if they all stayed overnight. The staff was excellent as well. Very welcoming and energetic and was very supportive of us hosting the party there and never made us feel unwelcomed. We needed some scotch tape to hang decorations and the front desk let us use theirs without a problem at all. The parking is covered which is a plus in South Florida with the heat. The breakfast was very good, although we missed most of it due to sleeping in. Checking in and out was a breeze also. The hotel is about a 5 minute walk to the beach and offers plenty to chose from in regards to restaurants in walking distance as well. This stay prompted me to register for their points program as I do intend to use their hotels in the very near future. Will definitely use this location again as well!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
new jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Have read several reviews and most are accurate. The location is great, both for the beach and for the bars and restaurants on Atlantic Ave. The staff is nice, the parking is free, and the internet works. The breakfast is pretty good, if you can get near it given the piggish manners of many.

The property is tired. This is not unexpected given the heavy use. Our bed was good, but the carpet was stained, etc. Ditto the hallways. Also, there was no ac in the halls, and they were steaming. Only one elevator was working. If this happen in season, tempers will fray.

Overall, I would come back for the location. However, a new Hyatt opened in Delray (yesterday I believe). I will check that out before I decide.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
BOCA RATON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We had a family reunion to celebrate my parent's 55th Anniversary and an upcoming 80th birthday. There were 13 in attendance for 4 days/3 nights. The staff were very accomodating. The breakfast buffet was wonderful and we could move the tables around to seat everyone together. The hotel even had evening snacks and beverages available for three of the nights. The front desk clerk provided information about a free transportation service which was great since my mom was still recovering from surgery.

The college age girls in the group especially liked the fact that they could walk up and down the Avenue.

The beach was within short walking distance. The pool offerred good shade for the family to gather in the late afternoon and evenings.

One of the families rented the 2-bedroom room and stated that there was plenty of room for their family of 5. Their college aged daughter raived about how nice the room was....

All-in-all I would give this hotel two thumbs up.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 11th floor (1100) which had an oceanview. The room was quiet and we were able...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

This hotel is in a great location and the rooms are clean and comfortable. However, we were stuck in a room overlooking the roof of an adjoining building that was a very long walk from the elevator. I didn't complain because I was only there for two nights, but it really annoys me that you have to complain when you are paying the top rate for a room.

The housekeeping staff were oblivious. We were trying to take a quick nap at about 4pm when the housekeeper started to continuously slam the door next door. When I asked her to stop she looked annoyed and acted like she didn't understand me. She slammed the door a couple of more times and then finally went away.

Only one elevator worked, which caused great delays. In addition, the housekeeping staff also use the guest elevator. So we were expected to travel in the elevators with large trolleys of housekeeping equipment and linens. Not a very pleasant experience. It seems there should be a utility elevator in a hotel this size.

I like Marriott, but this one was a disappointment

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Delray Beach? Share your experiences!