“My home away from home” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Delray Inn

Delray Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Delray Beach
Prices are for rooms, adults
Delray Inn
Save Saved
You added Delray Inn to your Saves list
211 NW 1st Ave, Delray Beach, FL 33483   |
Ranked #12 of 17 hotels in Delray Beach
Calgary, Canada
“My home away from home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

I lived at the Delray Inn for a number of months a couple of years back and have nothing but fond memories. It is definitely a budget accomodation, but it has so much charm.

My room was actually a studio suite with a queen size bed, large closet and bureau, soft and comfortable chair, table and chairs, a seperate kitchen with stove, microwave and fridge, and even came with cooking utensils, and internet. The bed was old and comfortable and the decor was dated, but I loved the vaulted ceiling and the tile floor. I paid less than $300/week.

I could park right outside my suite and there was even a washer and dryer around the corner that only cost $1 per load.

Best of all Jonas the owner also owns Koffeeoke next door. If you have never been, you must go, amazing musicians under the stars in the rock garden, dancing, and of course Karaoke.

While living in South Florida I had the opportunity to stay at a 5 star in Miami Beach and honestly preferred the Delray Inn for its charm.

These days my budget is a bit less constricted, howkever I plan to stay there in the spring when I come back for a visit.

P.S. If you stay make sure to get to know Jonas, he is an extremely wise man and I enjoyed some profound conversations with him, and one comment he made to me is still with me to this day.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

6 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Couples
florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

This place is the most nasty motel i have stayed at and I have stayed at 1,00's of motels. Do not bring family! Not good for business. This place is just nasty period!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2006

BEWARE!!!!
I booked this hotel through onlinehotels. They required a downpayment of $33.75. Upon arrival, they charged me the full rate of $75. I was told I had to go through onlinehotels.com to get my refund of $33.75. Onlinehotels stated Delray Inn should refund me-They did not.
The room smelled horrible-stale, moldy and old. The bed linen smelled the same. When I returned home my clothes smelled like that room.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
Scotland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2006

Good Point-very convenient to Atlantic Ave.
Bad Points-NO HOT WATER
-bed had not been changed
-duvet cover had several holes and rips
-carpets very stained
-bedroom floor had 5 or 6 electric cables running along top of carpets(to connect brand new t.v.)
-t.v.monitor and golf club left by previous occupant were in the living room
-NO PHONE CONNECTION(and I couldn't get reception on my mobile).
My husband and I spent one night there instead of 2 weeks. During that night we slept in our outdoor clothes rather than get into the disgusting bed.

• Stayed December 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2005

This Inn is in two parts: a motel 3 blocks from Atlantic Ave, and a suites hotel/condo just a block away. The latter seems nicer, but I stayed at the motel. Unfortunately, not the best stay -- old motel, on a noisy street (traffic). Rooms #1 and #5 are right next to the street, so I advise to stay out of those; I suspect the others are quieter.

The motel is old, but has a new owner (who is a very interesting fellow), who is investing in renovations. Still got some more work to do, though!

Conveniently located, but don't expect this to be a top notch place. Good enough, though, for its price.

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Delray Inn? Share your experiences!