“Lunch done nicely” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
City Oyster is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 343 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Transit: Free shuttle buses
Boca Raton, Florida
“Lunch done nicely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

After being seated we waited almost 15 minutes before server acknowledged us. After that, all went well. We had the Chicken Paillard and it was quite nice. The arugula salad was fresh and tasty The chicken was seasoned nicely but slightly over cooed. However, I would probably order it again.

Visited September 2013

Boynton Beach, Florida
“Great dinner experience for Flavor Palm Beach Month”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Spur of the moment reservation for last night for 4. It was Flavor Palm Beach month with a Price fixed menu in addition to the huge regular menu. For $30 a person we had a delicious New England Clam Chowder, Seafood Gumbo and Creme Brûlée for dessert. Not only were the portions generous but the service, presentation and quality of food was excellent. I am looking forward to going again. You have the choice of indoor or outdoor dining. Love the ambiance and the place has a great vibe.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Delray Beach, Florida, United States
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I love sitting at the bar and having a scrumptious appetizer! The food is wonderful and it's a great place to have a drink and unwind after work. Classy!

Visited June 2013
Tampa, FL
“FUN!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great oysters and drinks! Date night with a busy bar crowd Sat night.
Fun and friendly Bartenders! Look foward to a return trip. Great place to
grab a cocktail and app before strolling the Ave. in Delray. One of the steady
always great Delray estashments.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent Seafood and Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I travel to Delray a lot as it's become my favorite South Florida destination, and have always wanted to try City Oyster but I typically opt for more casual places because I'm usually by myself and sometimes feel uncomfortable in a hipper place like this solo.

Anywho, on my last trip down here I finally sucked it up (literally when we get to the oysters) and went in and sat at the bar and had a great meal, good drinks, good conversation, and wonderful time overall. I guess I had always looked at City Oyster as one of the more upscale places on Atlantic and thus avoided it being alone, and it is, but I was very comfortable and glad to pay for the great seafood. Within minutes of walking in the bartender was already making me feel welcome being by myself and I ended up having a nice talk with multiple couples around me who opted to get dinner at the bar.

The food was really delicious, see my attached pictures. I had raw oysters (obviously wonderful) for a starter and then scallops in a macadamia nut brown butter sauce, and I thought the lady sitting next to me was going to ask for a bite, it tasted 10x better than it looks in the picture attached and that says a lot.

I'm kicking myself for not coming here before, and certainly it will be another go-to when I'm eating and drinking my way down Atlantic.

• Visited May 2013