“Na Na for DADA” 3 of 5 stars

Cross street: 1st
Boulder, Colorado
“Na Na for DADA”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We made a reservation through Open Table last Saturday night and we were really looking forward to the experience based on the reviews. Our reservation was for 7:45 PM and upon arrival we were asked to wait in the bar area. Since it was an Open Table reservation we were also told that being seated outside was not going to be possible. So we waited inside for 20 minutes, were then escorted to a table for 6 (we were a party of 3) smack in the middle of the bar area in the heart of a high traffic area...it was bedlam there on Saturday night. The table also had been empty while we were waiting. I immediately told the hostess that the table was unacceptable (it probably was the worst one in the house) she initially said take it or leave but then relented and magically gave us one of the prized outside tables.

So, now for the food. We all thought the mojitos which they are famous for were poor, even the classic one wasn't that good. The food was way overdone and gloppy. Nothing that we had was simple, the salmon had a habanero sauce, the fennel salad had a sweet fig preserve on it, the butternut ravioli had a cream sauce loaded down with marinated artichoke hearts. The desserts were terrible, ice cream with chunks of ice in it and cream bruelle that wasn't that great.

The restaurant has lots of energy and I can see why it is popular. But if you are looking for food that isn't disguised or overly prepared, this is not your place.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Delray Beach, Florida
“Lovely outdoor evening dine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Fun, eclectic menu and great outdoor dining under the stars and the trees. Staff is friendly and attentive; some clientele need lessons in manners so they're not standing beside your table (waiting to be seated) having a phone conversation. The kale Caesar salad was GREAT! They're known for their meatloaf which was also excellent, as was everything I tasted there! Will definitely return - and recommend to family & friends.

Visited May 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“A Quirky but Enjoyable Evening Out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This restaurant is set in an old house on the very edge of the restaurant district in Delray. There is seating inside but the main attraction for us was to sit outside in what was the front yard and patio. The food is varied and tasty and the wait staff attentive. Worth a visit.

Visited June 2012
miami
“Cool and funky”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed in Delray for a night and stopped in at Dada for a drink. Jose at the small bar was warm and welcoming. So much so that the drink turned into three and we ordered a number of appetizers. My favorites were the ahi tuna tartare with a crunchy cucumber base and the dates stuffed with goat cheese and chorizo. Pretty yummy! We never moved from the bar but the place was hopping with all tables filled on a Monday night. Funky artwork on the walls and lots of tattoos on the attentive and friendly staff. Here's the menu - will definitely be back.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Deerfield Beach, Florida
“Quaint place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I wanted to try this restaurant,I was not blown away with the main course but the starter was great. The dessert was way too sweet,I had the bread pudding. Next time I will try the flatbread as other reviews recommended. I will sit outside next time also. Did not like were we were seated way in the back. The front area of the house looks very cozy .Oh,My server took so long with my order to go, was already out the door when another server came running to give me my order which was nice..I gave 5 stars because of the beauty of the surroundings and the service staff.

• Visited September 2012