“Great Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
32 East is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 360 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Cross street: Between Swinton and 1st
Fairfield County, CT
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

I have just read the last few reviews and as a long standing customer, I just have to dial in. We have a vacation home in Delray Beach and have had MANY meals there over the last 3 years. We have never had spoiled food or bad service. In fact the service is always amazing. The food is always creatively prepared and the menu changes nightly. I would strongly encourage you to give it a try!

Columbus, Ohio
“Awful - AVOID”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

We had a reservation for 10. I made it 2 weeks prior to arriving. I talked on the phone 2x with the hostess the day of the reservation, to confirm. Fifty minutes after we arrived we still were not seated. They were seating others fine - just our party was a problem. The owner eventually escorted us to his other restaurant down the street and bought us drinks and appetizers. AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS. No one goes there any more because its too crowded and they treat their customers like dirt.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
delray beach florida
“worst waiter in Delray”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2010

I never write a review after just one dinner. I always go at least 3 o 4 times to really give a place a fair review. Every time we went it was a week night and we had a reservation. Last Thursday night we were a party of four. We waited for a table in the dinning room because we did not want to eat in the bar. The food is good (not as great as most people say). The waiters and waitresses always seem to be pushing something (last week it was the halibut) it was very dry and seemed to be a little over cooked. All this was fine I can deal with all of that. The problem was the waiter. He was so not attentive and just about thru the food at us. The setting is very nice and the prices are not cheap so finish it off with training your waiters.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
delray beach florida
“I got food poisioning from spoiled scallops”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2010

I recently dined at 32 East and the scallops I ordered were slimy. I complained to the waiter who said he would take them back to the kitchen. They came back slimy again and I felt sure they were the same I had just returned. When I commented the waiter said that was the way they were supposed to be cooked.

I was sick for several days after I ate them and I am sure I was right. Since then I have talked to several people who had a similar observation. Perhaps they are trying to save money at the customer's expense.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
HYPOLUXO, FL
“good food but always a crowd”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2009

The food is very consistent, usually very good. Great selection and seasonal changes are made, so you get something different often. However, the Chef does not like to make substitutions or changes, no matter how minor. It can be very crowded and they have a terrible reservation policy. They overbook, so know you will not get in at the time your reservation is made for, always 20 minutes over. Service is pretty good.