“Interesting Menu” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
32 East is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 323 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Cross street: Between Swinton and 1st
Plantation FL
“Interesting Menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was my first time to 32 East and I will return. Nice atmosphere downstairs but didn't know about the lounge and music upstairs until I was leaving, will check it out nexttime. The food was well prepared and interesting and changes daily and I want to try other items. The Corn and Shrimp Bisque was really good.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Baltimore, MD
“Best Restaurant in Delray!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We've now eaten at 32 East three times. To say that it is consistently terrific is perhaps an understatement. Having eaten in other restaurants throughout Delray and on Atlantic Avenue, we can now say without hesitation that 32 East is the best by far. Be sure to have the prosciutto with peaches appetizer (it had nectarines the night we were there as peaches aren't in season). The staff is terrific. It can be a little loud (if you are looking for a quieter table) be sure to sit closer to the kitchen and away from the bar. Well done, 32 East!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Just an off day or past its prime?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This was our fourth time to the restaurant and previously I have given it very high marks. It was a Saturday evening and we had guests from out of state, visiting. Our reservation was honored on time and by coincidence we sat at the same table as last time. We ordered a good bottle of wine from the very decent wine list and settled back to enjoy dinner. Service was very good and indeed the waitress was very honest that their only vegetarian option was really just grilled vegetables. We ordered the soft shell crab appetizers and some salads. The soft shells were ok but the salad was overdressed, not bad enough to complain about but just a little too much.
The main courses were disappointing. The vegetarian dish was just as described, a mass of bland grilled vegetables, the scallops smothered in what my guest described as a funky sauce were edible but not great. The duck in a hot and sour broth was good but the fish dish was nothing special. The interesting thing about the restaurant is that it changes its menu frequently so I dont know if we just hit it on a bad day or whether its popularity has caused it to slip a little. I think we will wait a while before going back and then we will see.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
“Wow! Fantastic food, fit for this foodie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

The food was over the top. I had the grouper prepared with tomatoes, truffles, mushrooms served with haricot verts and potatoes and my friend had the cobia which had a sweet and sour mix of Mediterranean flavors. Again, amazing combinations Arguably the best preparation of fish with unique incredible flavor. Nothing was over salted. You would want to lick your plate clean. The quality of fish, truffles, vegetables was just over the top. For dessert we had the pineapple upside down cake and chocolate molten cake. Again, two of the best desserts we have ever eaten. The food was really spectacular. Service unobtrusive but perfect. We sat outside which is more comfortable than inside as inside can be rather loud. Highly recommend. People who complain about the price aren't familiar with delray dining. Most places cost this much and are not half as good.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Great pricey food but extremely slow service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Make A Reservation!!
Decided to vist 32 East because of location and reviews and was partly disappointed in the slow service I received. The food was very tasty but I know I will not see that again on the menu. The wine took forever to come; the appetizier and entree even longer.We sat outside and loved it. I would definitely return to the restaurant but probably during the week.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere