“Great Ambience Wonderful Food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sundy House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 348 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Swinton Avenue and 1st Street
Transit: Swinton Avenue
Description: The Sundy House Restaurant's stunning interior design and gardens provides an exuberant backdrop from our Chef's gastronomical magic - boasting culinary creations influenced by cultures from around the world. Whether seated outside in the spectacular tropical gardens, or in the elegant dining room, guests will be regaled in fine style!
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Great Ambience Wonderful Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Loved the Tropical Dining experience. The food & the service was exceptional. Took a walk through the windy paths to streams & gazebos This is a very romantic setting. I hope to visit again & stay overnight in the adorable cottages.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Wedding Function More Important Than Taking Care of Regular Patrons”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

We have dined here many time: lunch, brunch and many dinners. The food was never "outstanding" but always good; definitely pricey but didn't mind because we found the atmosphere to be very relaxing.

This time I booked several weeks in advance requesting a secluded table among the garden paths as it was special evening to thank friends for helping remodel a home I purchased before I moved in.

The restaurant called the day before to confirm my reservation and noted my table request.

Upon arrival I was informed that they never guarantee a table and that they could not honor my request as they had a private wedding in the gardens. Obviously the wedding had to have been scheduled way far in advance so they could have informed me of that when they called the day before to confirm the reservation. But they didn't. If I had known, I probably would have been other plans with my friends and respected the restaurant for being professional and informing me in advance.

The rest of the evening went down hill from there. Service was inattentive, food orders took forever and the dining room was less than half full.

I got the feeling that all the restaurant's resources were devoted to the wedding and the regular dining room guests were an after thought. That's not right as we are paying guests just like the person who booked and paid for the wedding.

I understand that hotels and restaurants make a good portion of their money from special event functions, however, a lot seem to do so while letting their regular guests / patrons suffer for it. I booked a weekend hotel room on the beach last year only to learn, after checking in, that the beach area was blocked off both days and nights for wedding events. That's not fair to the other guests. Seems like establishments need to do a better job at making sure that regular guests continue to receive services, as normal, when they choose to book special functions.

My experience at the Sundy House last night makes me question whether I would ever return. The menu prices were the same last night as any night, so service and food should be the same as well. They fell short on both. I would rather spend my money elsewhere.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Delray Beach, Florida
“Most romantic place in Delray”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Be sure to ask for a secluded table in the garden.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boca Raton, Florida
“Very Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

We spent one hour at the bar socializing and i ordered Zinfindel wine, but they said we dont carry it. Never heard of such a thing
We ate in a room with bad accustics so we had problems conversing with each other.
For the prices they charged which was a special deal, it was not worth it. Ser vice was just fair and to pay 5.00 to park with a valet as there is no parking near there.

• Visited August 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Great Place For A Wedding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

This is a Beautiful location for a weddding it has beautiful Gardens & great food, all so in a Bed & Breakfast. Minutes to Beaches & Downtown Delray.

• Visited June 2011