“Great Stay-Cation” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 22 hotels in Delray Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great Stay-Cation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This hotel was absolutely fabulous. Nice location to all the restaurants and shops on the Ave and great amenities. The only down side was with our room location. We were on the 2nd floor near the pool and fitness room doors. They would be constantly slammed and it was at all hours of the day and night. The hotel is non smoking but it still smelled of smoke due to the pool and people disposing of cigarette butts in the trashcan inside. The room we were in was next to a family traveling with a canine companion, but although we knew about the dog and didn't mind, the dog kept us up all night. I would have given this an excellent review but due to those things I couldn't. I compliment the staff highly as our toilet in our room needed to be fixed about 7 times. According to the staff this was the first time it has happened, and they went out of their way to make us more comfortable and accommodate us. A great place to stay, and the breakfast and happy hour is awesome! Will definitely return.

Room Tip: Rooms by the pool are noisy and if you don't want to hear dogs, ask for a room not near a canine...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

194 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Plymouth, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Nice, updated rooms, with comfortable bed and couch area. Centrally located just a few blocks from Atlantic Ave so very close to the restaurants and a short (20 minutes) walk to the ocean beach - which is beautiful. Would give it an 'excellent' rating except for the morning breakfast which seems disorganized and only fair compared to other 'breakfast included' venues - running out of core things like coffee, spoons, breads, etc. and not much variety. Didn't seem staffed appropriately for what should be an expected morning rush. Otherwise - would definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Plantation, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We didnt stay here but I highly recommend the happy hour in the lobby bar at Hyatt Place. During the happy hour, drinks and some wines are half price; flatbreads are $2 and most appetizers half price. Perfect before show dining before heading over to the Arts Garage and Old School Square, both of which are within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Branchburg, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

what can I say....the best Hyatt so far and I have stayed at 5 in different states. Staff went above and beyond, room is spacious, location the BEST! In my opinion Delray is the mini Miami Beach!
Happy hour and breakfast at the hotel was perfect! Thank you Hyatt Delray , as we have family in Delray and we are in Jersey we will be visiting you often.....GREAT JOB TO ALL THE STAFF!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed there for a week and was really pleased with this hotel. It is conveniently tucked away from the hustle and bustle of Atlantic Avenue but near enough to walk to it. It is well placed as it is in the middle of Delray and everything was easily accessable. Would definately stay again and would highly recommend. The staff were always helpful, especially the young lady behind the bar with whom we had some great conversations. The only downside was that the Amtrak comes through Delray during the night and would insist in useing their horn, luckily there are only a couple of trains. My only other gripe was that sometimes the room would not be cleaned until late afternoon so this could at times be inconvenient. Overall though it was a great stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
South Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I recently stayed here for business and was very pleasantly surprised. It's a newer hotel, very clean, and in a great location. I loved the lobby area/bar...my coworkers and I frequented it often. The free breakfast is decent, better than a regular continental.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Recently checked out of the Hyatt Place Delray. I was there for about 4 days and I must say the stay was AMAZING. The best experience I've had at a hotel in atleast 10+ years.

From check-in, even though I had a clerk who was training, he was still very helpful and got me to my room with no problems. (and he gave us a tour, something that we're not accustomed to, but it was very helpful.) All of them were extremely helpful and did anything to make sure my family and I had an amazing stay.

The breakfast was great. A little early for the late risers but it was delish! Normally you'd expect just fruit but they had hot sandwiches and much more!!

A great plus about this hotel was it had a bar!!!! And the bartender is great! (Get the BBQ chicken flatbread with jalapeños!)

This hotel is a diamond in the rough!! One of the hidden gems of downtown Delray. I don't usually do reviews but I had to for this hotel!!! If you're coming to Delray book a room here, I know I will!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Hyatt Place Delray Beach? Share your experiences!